Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: Madmanmacguyver on March 28, 2012, 06:55:25 AM
-
Been toying with the Idea of internal charging for a while...that and some theories about our choices in batteries and discharge ratings vs battery longevity...hows this...Tada a protected internal charging 10 amp 3-6v VV mod slightly smaller than a pack of cigarettes
Please bear in mind this is the proof of concept unit...I just made one for a friend that is much neater but cant find my digital camera now...waaaa when I find the camera I will swap the pics w the neat clean unit I am testing before handing to my friend...
this unit has been in operation for 3 mo now and the batts are staying balanced...that seems to backupo my theory that if we use batts overratted for the job w adaquate protection and put the juice back in the same way it went out they will stay happy...
charge time 2-3 hr runtime 2-3 days of course Ymmv
-
Welcome to the Forum. It's about time you joined us. Nice MMM, that's a power-pack of a mod. Very tight construction. I know what conv you installed. Don't worry, I won't reveal it. :rockin smiley:
-
lol its not the converter...thats a simple OKR 10 amp...the secret is the method of charging and a little something...and Thanks Break...was wondering when you would wake up...as we all know I don't sleep...much
-
I know it was the OKR-T/10. A DC-DC converter.
-
I will provide some simple instructions to the established modders if asked privately but for now I prefer to keep a few things secret at least as far as forum posts go......I figure what better way to beta something than for the TRUE modders themselves to play w it...wait till I post the CBatts Evil bigger brother...The Armageddon(its a true zombie armageddon mod w multi power source operation)...it is a full range 6 amp mod that my breadboarded tests say will go for a week between charges......note Full range=3.2-9v at at somewhere in the range of 90-98% efficiency... I'll leave y'all to guess for a while how I managed that...
-
Wow cool looks huge! Me likes! :popcorn:
-
the batts are but the mod itself is smaller than a kings sized box of cigs...its almost palmable...and it fits nicely in the hand...
-
its almost palmable...and it fits nicely in the hand...
Ok I won't say "That's what she said" :no: :beer-toast: :laughing2:
I like it!!!
-
:Thinking:........ouch.......thats cold...not cold like a random punch in a crowd....but cold like a pecan out of the tree in my front yard bouncing off my minn pinns head...poor thing (she hates that)
-
Just playing on what you said. I do really like your mod! :beer-toast:
-
I know...My aspergers makes me dense but that one I understood...still cant find my camera and I sent out the V2 prototype to its new home (My friend is beta testing it)so no pics of the one that looks pretty now...meh...there will be more...
and Thanx...That mod design took me 6 mo from initial idea to final build...of course having no real money to speak of didn't help...this design is my answer to a lot of people wanting a smallish VV mod w high wattage and internal charging...It has multiple redundant safties and an actual protection PCB for the cells...I myself am more than slightly paraniod about venting batts (one of my friends had a Flashlight blow up when we were on a fishing trip once)...scared me half to death...so I didn't go to Lithium batts for my mods for the first 4 mo of modding...