Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: silverslayer on July 24, 2012, 06:14:14 AM

Title: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: silverslayer on July 24, 2012, 06:14:14 AM
I've built a few mods. But I have yet to find or build anything that is just fantastic. I like my V3 that I bought but the problem is it's always either burning cartos or flooding. 3.7 volts isn't enough 6 and over is too much. I built a regulated 5v tube mod that I really like but it sucks the batteries like a crackhead. Another thing is I'm tired of buying cartos (Boge 3 ohm). So I have a scubagen and a SS line, but it's not like I can stick them in my pocket without them leaking all over. I built a little 14500 Dna box, What I've found is that with the three ohm carto it really rocks. But with my line not so much. I don't know. I've been vapping for a couple years now, and with all the frustration, I'm really surprised that I haven't gone back to smoking. Lord knows it's crossed my mind more than once. I guess what I'd like is something that behaves really well with the line. I Don't really like the idea of vapping burning plastic. So tell me what ya like. I'm open to suggestions. Also another thing that really gets under my skin is my V3 rolling of every surface in my house. So I'm thinking box mod of some sort. Whats the most reliable parts, and circuits.

Thanks, Tim Hansen
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: Breaktru on July 24, 2012, 11:33:01 AM
Ha, Ha, I hear you brother.
Tim, being you have a DNA. Why don't you put it into a box with a 15C or 20C Li-Po. It will handle anything you put on it.
I gave up on Tanks not feeding fast enough to wet the filler. I'm using 2.0 boges and find it best to fill them by unscrewing and pushing them (threads down) into half filled plastic caps that came w/ the cartos. Dripping through the top doesn't work for me.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: CraigHB on July 24, 2012, 02:04:34 PM
I can relate.  I've been vaping right about 2 years now (started right about the same time as Breaktru, IIRC).  I've had my share of issues, though I managed to work them out for the most part in the first few months of vaping.

I had some frustration with atomizers in the beginning, but once I started using the Boge cartos, I didn't have any more issues.  They aren't perfect, but they work well and work reliably.  The frustration with batteries stopped when I started building my own battery mods.

I've been using the Boge 3 Ohm cartos mainly.  I understand what you're saying about buying cartos.  They don't last very long, though I have no issue running a tip on them and dripping into them.  I fill them from the bottom with a syringe when I'm at home.

I try other atomizing devices when compelled, but haven't yet found anything to make the cartos obsolete.  I've also had a lot of wicking issues with devices that have tanks.  I'm hoping to eventually find a rebuildable atomizer and tank that works well.  I may play around with making something myself at some point.

As far as batteries, I'm pretty well set with the battery mods I've made for myself.  I'm working on a smaller version of my latest one which I'll be quite comfortable with outside of the home.  After that, I don't think I'll have any wants or desires on that end.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: Breaktru on July 24, 2012, 03:27:11 PM

I'm hoping to eventually find a rebuildable atomizer and tank that works well.  I may play around with making something myself at some point.


Keep me posted when you decide to get into rebuildable atomizers and find one that works well. Been watching from afar and have yet to attempt one...
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: CraigHB on July 24, 2012, 06:12:15 PM
I ordered one of these (http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/VH-Rebuild).  Should be here any day.  It's really inexpensive, it was $30 including international shipping.  It's my first rebuildable.  Granted, it's an eGo tank clone like the Bulli, but for the price, I think it's worth a go.

Oh, here's some other links;

Nichrome 60 Wire (http://jacobs-online.biz/nichrome_wire.htm)

Wicking String (http://www.thehouseofvapor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SILICA-WICK)

Steel Mesh (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=400+steel+mesh&_sacat=0)
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: Breaktru on July 24, 2012, 06:49:13 PM
Thanks Craig, I'll be waiting to hear how it works before diving in.
Looks good  and promising though.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: Dznutz on July 24, 2012, 08:03:04 PM
I have mad e a few of the .44 boosters well with out the .44 part and have had no issues with those, I have also made the poorvari, 5V LDO regulated and the evercools.  My word of advise for what ever its worth is take your time and use quality parts in the end it does make a difference.


I use a boge 3 ohm carto in a phiniac tank ( http://phiniac.com/ (http://phiniac.com/) )  I use a block of wood, hammer and punch to punch my cartos with great success. I also use DIY tanks with success as well.  :thumbsup:


My next build will be with one of the 20c cells and the ptn04050c booster with internal usb battery charger. Hope it goes as well as I have planed out in my head =)
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: CraigHB on July 28, 2012, 06:42:05 PM
I'll be waiting to hear how it works before diving in

Rather than repost, let me direct you to a post in an another forum I frequent that's a review;

http://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?topic=1077.0
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: bamsbbq on August 04, 2012, 05:15:37 AM
i didnt build it but in my times when the others fail

my trusty 18650 Box
(http://i41.tinypic.com/bjepfr.jpg)
Title: Re: Does anyone have a mod they've built that works fantastic all the time?
Post by: fsors on August 04, 2012, 11:24:33 PM
The nice thing about building your own mods ie atties, genisis, tubes, boxes, vv's is ........since you made it , and therefore inherently understand it, if it goes down you can repair it.  ;cheers;