Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: kd0afk on October 10, 2012, 01:14:57 PM

Title: good 510 connectors
Post by: kd0afk on October 10, 2012, 01:14:57 PM
I would like to buy 510 battery connectors that screw in to an end cap instead of press fitting. I have searched but have not found or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. Could someone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks guys
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: Breaktru on October 10, 2012, 03:46:35 PM
I wouldn't say GOOD but here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shorty-510-510-Connector-extension-w-nut-5-pack-/330612401490 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shorty-510-510-Connector-extension-w-nut-5-pack-/330612401490)

http://www.madvapes.com/v2-510-shorty-extension.html (http://www.madvapes.com/v2-510-shorty-extension.html)
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: kd0afk on October 10, 2012, 05:04:05 PM
Those might work, thanks. Probably best used soldered in with a switch right?
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: Haileah on October 10, 2012, 05:40:24 PM
Do you mean the base soldered in to a metal case?
What are you making so we can answer about the switch.
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: kd0afk on October 10, 2012, 07:11:27 PM
I want to screw the connector into a washer or copper end cap. I would like to be able to use the center post of the 510 connector as the possitive connector for the battery. Or solder a switch between it and the battery, either way.
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: Breaktru on October 10, 2012, 07:32:39 PM
You can thread the end cap or use a through hole with the nut holding it.
Just solder in a switch between the Pos center post and the Pos of the battery.
Just like this.............

(http://breaktru.com/images/copper_mod.jpg)   (http://breaktru.com/temp/copper.jpg)
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: Dznutz on October 10, 2012, 11:56:25 PM
The ones from MV will work I have used them before.


Welcome aboard KD been awhile...
Title: Re: good 510 connectors
Post by: kd0afk on October 11, 2012, 12:07:35 AM
Thanks. I'm still in the process of getting the lathe in order. Waiting on some cutting tools and then I should be up and running. I got a bunch of samples though and I want to make some VV box mods or copper mods. The devces I want to make will be all manual with connectors I make myself for maximum strength and the hybrids will be rebuildable with no connector at all but for now I just want a really secure 510 connector for box mods that I will more than likely give away as gifts.