Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: Learfx on April 05, 2013, 01:26:50 PM

Title: Non Practical Mod
Post by: Learfx on April 05, 2013, 01:26:50 PM
Built this for a friend over at Outcast Vaping.
  The body is 1" L-type Copper and uses a pvc insert to support 2-18350 batteries.
  Uses the Ti VV chip and ranges for 3.5 to 6.5 volts.
  Mod is fired using a touch switch with an integrated blue LED.
  I Incorporated a volt meter to show output power.
  Voltmeter is activated using a small tac switch.
  Acid etched Images from top to bottom.
  Sealed acrylic window over voltmeter for protection.
  More pics @ http://learfx.com

(http://learfx.com/tmp/DSC01060.JPG)
(http://learfx.com/tmp/DSC01192.JPG)
(http://learfx.com/tmp/DSC01198.JPG)
(http://learfx.com/tmp/DSC01245.JPG)
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: Breaktru on April 05, 2013, 04:07:19 PM
Beautifully done Lear  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: Learfx on April 05, 2013, 06:48:16 PM
Thanks Mr. Breaktru  ;cheers;
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: FluGlone on April 05, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
Simply gorgeous. You never disappoint us with your marvels
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: Avamil on April 05, 2013, 07:00:16 PM
Very creative in deed. You are a fine artist as well
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: Degnr8 on June 24, 2013, 02:54:04 AM
That is just amazing!
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: pnguin on June 28, 2013, 03:31:21 AM
You have some serious talent. Beautiful. :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: jumper on July 10, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
Absolutely a beautiful mod. When I grow up, I want to be as good as you :)
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: mick8844 on August 21, 2013, 10:19:27 PM
OK learFX where di you get that fire button and what is tha amp rating on it. I have been looking for one of those forever.

Mick8844
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: Learfx on August 22, 2013, 06:39:31 AM
It's not really a traditional button, it's a touch switch setup using a "p" channel mosfet.  If you look around breaktru's site, you'll find detailed information on their use.  http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=STD30PF03LT4virtualkey51120000virtualkey511-STD30PF03L (http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=STD30PF03LT4virtualkey51120000virtualkey511-STD30PF03L)
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: jumper on August 22, 2013, 08:07:43 AM
Thanks for the link LearFX. I bookmarked it for when I try a touch switch. Right now I'm trying to learn how to a snap action switch. After I get that down, I might try to go for the touch switch.
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: jonas44 on August 22, 2013, 10:34:41 AM
OK learFX where di you get that fire button and what is tha amp rating on it. I have been looking for one of those forever.

Mick8844

@mick8844: breaktru answered your question you previously posted on the switch at: http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,215.msg8461.html#msg8461 (http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,215.msg8461.html#msg8461)
Title: Re: Non Practical Mod
Post by: jumper on August 22, 2013, 01:17:58 PM
Hi LearFX, I finally went to your site and it said that it was going down. I can still look at the pictures so is it staying up?