Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: kortt on May 17, 2013, 10:51:04 PM

Title: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: kortt on May 17, 2013, 10:51:04 PM
I wasn't happy with the size of my last wooden DNA12 so did some tinkering and ended up with this.  DNA12, PTC fuse, and on/off rocker.

(http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s603/korttwulfe/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3128_zps2e5768c6.jpg) (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/korttwulfe/media/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3128_zps2e5768c6.jpg.html)

(http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s603/korttwulfe/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3129_zpse384fee8.jpg) (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/korttwulfe/media/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3129_zpse384fee8.jpg.html)

Used a carto plug to cover the wattage adjustment access.  :D
(http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s603/korttwulfe/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3130_zps395c852c.jpg) (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/korttwulfe/media/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3130_zps395c852c.jpg.html)

(http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s603/korttwulfe/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3131_zps73627e5c.jpg) (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/korttwulfe/media/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3131_zps73627e5c.jpg.html)

Beside the 18650 battery and Kanger Protank for perspective.
(http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s603/korttwulfe/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3132_zps6eb65136.jpg) (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/korttwulfe/media/DNA12%20small%20box%20mod%2003/IMG_3132_zps6eb65136.jpg.html)

Fits really nice in the hand. If I were to do anything different I think I'd put a bigger button but the tiny one is not too bad.
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: Breaktru on May 18, 2013, 08:27:51 AM
 :rockin smiley: Really nice. Good size. Way-To-Go!
Did you use a different type box or did you cut it down?
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: kortt on May 18, 2013, 09:24:01 AM
Thanks, it's a different box.  I think a DNA20 might fit in a box this size.  I might have to try that next.  I want to build a 08100 mod too but I think it will have to be a bit larger lol.
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: Breaktru on May 18, 2013, 09:35:06 AM
I like the look of this box. Did you treat the wood so the juice doesn't stain it?

The 08100 should fit. Just need two 18350 series batteries. It's a bit longer than a single 18650 and you would just omit the negative block I see in your photo. If that is not enough clearance, cut a little out of the box to fit the 2 batts.
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: kortt on May 18, 2013, 08:43:39 PM
The wood is treated with Danish Oil.  The wood itself is not actually sealed.  The other mod I built of this wood and finished with Danish Oil is starting to get a nice patina in some places.

With the 8100 and 2 18350's what kind of vape time would be expected?
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: CraigHB on May 21, 2013, 05:28:45 PM
Run time varies widely from person to person depending on vaping style.  It's a really hard thing to nail down.

In terms of hit counts, I get about 350 hits off a charge with my 1400mAh box where my wife gets about 1200 hits off a charge.  My wife and I use the same atomizer with the same resistance.  I run mine around 18 Watts and she runs hers around 10 Watts.  Should be about half, but the rest is down to vaping style.

Actually, the best way to gauge run time is with juice consumption.  That's where the rubber hits the road in terms of how much work the battery is doing.  I don't keep track of that so I can't say in those terms.

Elapsed time is probably the worst gauge of run time since that varies hugely from one person to the next even with the exact same equipment.
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: redwolfe on May 21, 2013, 05:42:01 PM
On my DNA20 I go thru about 10-15mls of juice  on a 2.4ohm BCC tank per charge. Plenty for me to make it through at least 2 days of vaping.
Title: Re: Another smaller version of my DNA12 wooden mod
Post by: kortt on May 21, 2013, 06:35:00 PM
All the DNA12's I've built use single 18650's and typically I change the battery once a day.  I go through 4 to 6ml juice approximately a day and I'm vaping at 8 to 9w using 2.0 to 2.4ohm cartomizers.  At first I was concerned about the battery voltage hitting 3.6 when the DNA low voltage cutoff kicked in, but really a full day on an 18650 is pretty good I think.  I am impressed with the DNA's power regulation, the vape stays fairly consistent right up til the battery gives out.