Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => General Discussions => Topic started by: vaporhead on May 19, 2013, 08:52:23 AM
-
If I am set at 10 watts, what is the difference if I'm using 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 ohms or 3.0 ohms? Would that effect battery run time? And would the vape quality be the same? :Thinking:
-
yes lower ohms draw more from the batt ;cheers;
-
yes lower ohms draw more from the batt ;cheers;
Thank you 007 but, what if you are using the same wattage?
-
Not sure how to upload and use an image here, but see attachments..
-
Thanks Poppa. I used the PV Tune tool in the ejuice me up calculator and see that a 1.5 ohm uses more amps than a 3.0 ohm. So I am assuming that the 1.5 ohm will drain the battery faster. Am I correct or am I off base?
-
As my engineer-buddy has reminded me before:
less resistance == more electrons racing to the other end of the battery.
more resistance == fewer electrons get to the far end of the battery
(for the same period of time)
So, the lower the resistance, the faster you drain the battery (to the limit of the battery 'speed').
-
If I am set at 10 watts, what is the difference if I'm using 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 ohms or 3.0 ohms? Would that effect battery run time? And would the vape quality be the same?
It depends on the type of mod. A mechanical mod will drain the battery faster since with lower resistance, more power is consumed. An advanced mod can regulate power so in that case, run time would only be affected by the efficiency of the regulator at a given current. In other words, run times would be similar regardless of atomizer resistance.
The power level represents total heat generated by the atomizer. At a particular power setting, you would expect the vaping experience to be similar from one atomizer to the next since total heat is similar. However, that's not actually the case. The physical characteristics of the atomizer can make more of a difference than anything else. In that case, you may see a marked difference between a 1.5 Ohm and a 3.0 Ohm atomizer even at identical power levels.
-
Thanks guys for the replies.
Using a wattage mod I was thinking that because the wattage setting was the same (8watts) for a 1.5 ohm and a 3.0 ohm that battery life would be similar.
-
It should be, though you can see flucutations as much as 10% depending on regulator efficiency. It depends on the design of the regulator, but typically, they're more efficient at lower currents. With a constant power level, you might see a slight reduction in run time with a lower resistance atomizer. Conversely with an unregulated mod, you'll see a pretty linear relationship with resistance versus run time.
-
Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong thread,,but I think this kinda connects
I will be buying a vamo tomorrow,well later when I get off from work,buying it for $12.50 body only deal.
now a few questions,
I am familiar with vv and that stuff.
but I am new to vw,
how does that kinda set in on the vamo?
do I set my volts and watts?
just pick one?
btw how do I know the vamo is a vamo?
hahahhaha too cheap to be true...
-
Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong thread,,but I think this kinda connects
I will be buying a vamo tomorrow,well later when I get off from work,buying it for $12.50 body only deal.
now a few questions,
I am familiar with vv and that stuff.
but I am new to vw,
how does that kinda set in on the vamo?
do I set my volts and watts?
just pick one?
btw how do I know the vamo is a vamo?
hahahhaha too cheap to be true...
The setting would be for either VW or VV but not both.
You can see the menu settings here.............
http://youtu.be/D3lUnwV4_h4 (http://youtu.be/D3lUnwV4_h4)
-
Thanks,
is there a difference thou if I set it on volts or wattage?
I tried it out already and well kinda vapes like the same,,,
or just maybe the coil I made was crappy....
bought like a 40ga wire,now 20 loops on a micro coil build still is @1 ohm...
and it wouldn't fit on any of my rba,currently using a 29ga wire 5 loops...
-
Thanks,
is there a difference thou if I set it on volts or wattage?
I tried it out already and well kinda vapes like the same,,,
or just maybe the coil I made was crappy....
bought like a 40ga wire,now 20 loops on a micro coil build still is @1 ohm...
and it wouldn't fit on any of my rba,currently using a 29ga wire 5 loops...
Tuning your Vamo with a particular coil resistance to either VV or VW will not be a noticeable difference. The advantage of using VW is when you swap out an atty to a different resistance. You won't have to find the sweet spot like you would using the VV mode. See:--> HERE (http://youtu.be/lMP1F_V_ugM?t=9m7s)
-
Tuning your Vamo with a particular coil resistance to either VV or VW will not be a noticeable difference. The advantage of using VW is when you swap out an atty to a different resistance. You won't have to find the sweet spot like you would using the VV mode. See:--> HERE (http://youtu.be/lMP1F_V_ugM?t=9m7s)
thanks! I am currently at like 15amps @ 1.5ohms...
I like it...but I am a bit concerned with my battery..
efest 18350.....
now just managed to pull out an old mech mod that threads well with the vamo..
I just thought I probably wont bring this outside the house thou..
I stack 2 18650's
safe?
well it be more efficient?better vape?