Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => General Discussions => Topic started by: pnguin on June 28, 2013, 04:13:29 AM

Title: Lava tube low battery protection kicking in?
Post by: pnguin on June 28, 2013, 04:13:29 AM
Lately with a freshly charged AW IMR 18650 battery (meter reads 4.2V), my Lavatube flashes low battery warning if I take a second hit less than 10 seconds after the first. I have tried 4 different batteries 2AW and 2 efest. When it does this I check the battery level on the mods display and get 4.1V. It totally shuts down when the batteries are at 3.7V. I am using several different Vivi nova tanks with factory wound heads at 2.4 and 2.8 ohms. Is it possible that one of the capacitors has gone bad and it is limping along on one?
Title: Re: Lava tube low battery protection kicking in?
Post by: pnguin on June 28, 2013, 04:14:40 AM
Darn it I should have put this in the general section. Sorry Breaktru.
Title: Re: Lava tube low battery protection kicking in?
Post by: Breaktru on June 28, 2013, 08:08:10 AM
No Problem, Topic Moved
Title: Re: Lava tube low battery protection kicking in?
Post by: Breaktru on June 28, 2013, 08:16:01 AM
Looks like you eliminated two possible causes. Battery and Load.
Possibly it is the board but first try to clean contact points such as negative and positive battery connections as well as the 510 contact points touching the atty/tank (neg & Pos).
Battery connections should also include the spring and cap.
Title: Re: Lava tube low battery protection kicking in?
Post by: pnguin on June 29, 2013, 10:38:15 AM
Good call. It was the cap threads, I regularly clean everything else but forgot about those. Thanks.  :thankyou:
Title: Re: Lava tube low battery protection kicking in?
Post by: pnguin on July 01, 2013, 03:35:49 AM
I spoke too soon. Worked well for a while, but now back to the same trouble. I put a ticket in for warranty repair.