Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: jumper on July 26, 2013, 04:24:49 PM

Title: mini mod
Post by: jumper on July 26, 2013, 04:24:49 PM
Hi everyone. Just got through making a mini mod and wanted to share it. Unlike my first version where I was learning how to solder, this one only took a couple of hours to make. I think my first one took a week  freaked_out:

It's 3 and 3/4 inches long. I have a mini Nova next to it so you can get a good idea of how small it is. This one also has one of my new C&K switches I was waiting for. I also have some punches now and after using it on the mod, the ring has not budged (unlike my first one). Never had to open this one so far.

(http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj636/nvivit/mini.png)
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: d_walk on July 26, 2013, 04:54:52 PM
Nice short size  :thumbsup:
What battery is in there? Does the bottom screw hold on the cap or is it just for show?
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: jumper on July 26, 2013, 05:12:38 PM
Nice short size  :thumbsup:
What battery is in there? Does the bottom screw hold on the cap or is it just for show?

Hi d_walk, I should have said about the battery. It's a single 18350 battery. The bottom screw does hold the cap on the body. There's an "L" shaped cut in the body so the cap/screw can be pushed up and turned to the right. It also helps to keep the spring in place. I haven't soldered the spring yet, but will get to it eventually. The screw didn't have to be so big, but I thought it would be funny to have on such a small mod. My sense of humor is questionable, but it's funny to me.

As always, thanks to everyone here for all their help and support.
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: Pantera on July 26, 2013, 05:21:01 PM
Nice job. It's looking good jumper
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: Learfx on July 26, 2013, 05:42:36 PM
Did you solder the spring and the 510 connector? What did you use for the positive battery connection?
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: jumper on July 26, 2013, 07:44:08 PM
@Pantera - Thanks a bunch man! Really appreciate it.

@LearFX - I haven't soldered the spring yet. Mostly because I need to find a smaller spring. I'm still using Breaktru's design from the 3.7 mod sticky. I've tried to think of things that would work better than the wheel and ring, but haven't come up with anything yet. The screw head in the wheel is still the positive battery connection :)
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: Phestr on July 27, 2013, 11:35:27 PM
Try ACE Hardware for the spring.  The one near me has quite a few sizes suitable for battery springs.
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: jumper on July 27, 2013, 11:39:35 PM
Hi Phestr, Thanks for the tip. We don't have an Ace Hardware store where I live, but we do have Lowes and Home Depot. I will check those places for some.  :yes"
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: wwwest on July 28, 2013, 03:45:33 PM
Good size mate. Nicely done I must say
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: jumper on July 28, 2013, 03:53:36 PM
Thanks wwwest, I'm really starting to like vaping with it. I put a coupler on the end and it's given it a lot more weight, but just the right amount.
Title: Re: mini mod
Post by: jumper on July 28, 2013, 04:12:56 PM
Guess I should show a pic with the coupler on it...

(http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj636/nvivit/DSCN6269.jpg)