Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: methos on September 22, 2013, 08:50:34 AM

Title: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: methos on September 22, 2013, 08:50:34 AM
I took apart a Vmax to build a couple of mods from the parts. When I took the board out of the tube a part right next to the ground wire (back side of board) fell off into the abyss (aka the carpet) and I can't find a pic anywhere to see what it was. Does anyone on the forum have a pic or board they could take a pic of?
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: Breaktru on September 22, 2013, 11:58:26 AM
Don't have one but found this......
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: methos on September 22, 2013, 01:16:08 PM
Nice find! Now the question is what is part Q1?
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: CraigHB on September 22, 2013, 01:53:53 PM
Looks like a MOSFET, loss of that part will result in a loss of some board function.  That part should have never fallen off.  Likely, it overheated and melted the solder joints causing the part to become dislodged.  The board is probably no good anymore.
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: methos on September 22, 2013, 02:35:55 PM
I think I broke it taking it out of the tube. The device worked intermittently before I took it apart. The original owner mashed the button so hard it was smashed but would contact every so often. I wired a tact switch in place and it works except for adjustments and fire.
I am 99% sure I did the damage. Is there any way to fine one to replace it?
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: CraigHB on September 22, 2013, 02:39:27 PM
I have no idea that the part should be.  There are literally thousands of different chips in that particular package type.  May not even be a MOSFET.  You would need the old part to see if you can get a number off it to search on, but usually small parts like that only have a package code on them, not enough to do a search for a suitable replacement.  The only other option would be to get a hold of a circuit schematic and those are generally pretty guarded for consumer electronics.
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: methos on September 22, 2013, 02:45:11 PM
Thanks Craig. I figured it was a long shot anyways. I'm trying to find a non functioning one to pirate the part off of. Till then I can put it a side.
 
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: CraigHB on September 22, 2013, 02:47:51 PM
That would be the best thing to do.  Either that or break out the magnifying glass and try to find the part so you can solder it back on.  Though, if the part came off due to sheer force, then the circuit traces may have been damaged as well.  You'll need to inspect it closely to see if the board is even salvageable.
Title: Re: Need someone with a Vmax board
Post by: methos on September 22, 2013, 02:52:37 PM
I can still see the copper pads in all 3 spots. I think I did it pulling on the board to get it out. Prob smashed it to pieces   Doh:  I didn't have the plastic warm enough for it to release cause after a few more secoumds it came right out.