Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable => Topic started by: zeus17 on October 17, 2013, 04:25:27 PM
-
so, i was bored and now finding new ways to "remake" my coils and i cant seem to visualize a certain build
the nano dragon coils,how is that thing built?
i tried as it was described,basic nanocoil,then half is wrapped in cotton and the other half exposed?
vape seems weak for me,my regular coil and cotton beneath is vaping better thou,am i doing something wrong?
another,i wanted to make a coil that looks like the back of old fridge will that work?
not spiral more of flat and wires side by side
(https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqlr18rf2NXEBkbu3XnTZYFzPPpzRSM5IZwxdbk33DCMGwcNqQww)
something like this but touching?
-
From what I gathered from the Nano Dragon Coil it looks like a 0.6 ohm nano coil laying on top of a wad of saturated cotton.
Good luck with your refridge coil setup. I have no clue for that.
-
From what I gathered from the Nano Dragon Coil it looks like a 0.6 ohm nano coil laying on top of a wad of saturated cotton.
Good luck with your refridge coil setup. I have no clue for that.
thanks,i read that you wrap it around the ccoils and one end is closed?airhole is align with center hole of wick?
ill try to post a photo when i get home,,, :) for the fridge build
-
Here is how he says he does it: Nano Dragon Coil (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/473463-check-out-my-nano-dragon-coil-build-15.html#post10850503)
-
Here is how he says he does it: Nano Dragon Coil (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/473463-check-out-my-nano-dragon-coil-build-15.html#post10850503)
Thanks for the reference,but i can't make mine better,i mean my regular micro coil builds with a cotton bed nothing inside vapes a lot better,airhole is directed on the middle of the coil...
what confuses me is
1. this is basically a carto in a rba,filler material,in my case cotton surrouds the coil.
2.where do i align the airholes?
-
The two ends of the coil should not be blocked and not covered by the cotton. The air hole should align with one of the coil openings as shown in the first video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vf1NcNmcVw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vf1NcNmcVw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ns6q223kw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ns6q223kw)
-
thanks for the prompt reply.
I was probably doing it right,but my vape is still weak,re adjusting now,
again this is a nano,right any chance if I used a bigger coil,more of a micro will it be better?
what build do you actually use?if its ok to ask,just curious,a lot of mods has been posted here and how to's but no one i think asks that much on building coils,you must be all set on those things...
-
Actually I have yet to try the Dragon coil. The info I stated is from the video and not from personal experience.
As far as nano vs micro, you would have to try both to determine which is best.
Are you using low resistance with a good battery?
-
Actually I have yet to try the Dragon coil. The info I stated is from the video and not from personal experience.
As far as nano vs micro, you would have to try both to determine which is best.
Are you using low resistance with a good battery?
both???
i am using both high resitance and low resistance.
on a mech,kts storm,current build is a simple dual nanocoil,12 wraps of 40ga wire,(thick wire)
running on 0.8 ohms,efest batteries..
a regulated device,microcoil,12loops,same gauge.1.2ohms...
efest stacked 3.7 batteries...
performance wise both are at par with each other..
what baffles me is that on the regulated device if i do 2 ohms+@13watts on the vamo,it vapes better than my sub ohm builds.doesn't make sense to me...
ideally subhms,should have more power...
planning to switch batteries soon,something like a panasonic cgr,but don't know if its worth investing for right now...or aw imr's are still the best out there?
-
Your "regulated device" may not be able to handle the power for a sub ohm coil.
The batteries are also an important part of the power equation. The Panasonic CGR should handle it
The Dragon coil demonstration that I have seen have been on a Mechanical Mod with Samsung INR18650-20R battery
-
sorry for the confusion
i have 2 set ups,identical yet different
on the mechanical mod,i am running 0.8 ohms,dual coil on the agat2.
on the vamo,regulated 2.1ohms@13watts
both attys have airholes 3mm big,
weird thing is performance wise they are almost identical...
thou math should dis agree...am i doing anything wrong?
-
I don't know zeus. Perhaps some adjustment of the coil height and cotton placement may help. Are you using a high VG ratio juice? More VG = More Vapor.
You got me interested and made one a little while ago.
I opened up a fresh Vivi Nova (only thing I had available that wasn't being already used) to try the nano dragon coil.
I wrapped 0.8 ohms of 28 gauge Kanthal around a large paper clip, installed it between the neg and post post and fired it up to burn any oils off.
I pulled some loosely matted cotton under the coil and wrapped both ends around the neg and pos posts.
Do not compress the cotton. Leave it loose.
I want to add that I've tried this on several of my mods and the only mod that can make this thing work at full potential is my MCU Boost Mod. This mod is capable of 30 plus watts and high amperage. Even my PTR08100w which is rated at 10A couldn't handle higher voltages. Only worked moderately will low voltage output setting. The DNA20, the DNA12 and the ZMax just cuts out.
See attached photos. Click to Enlarge.......
-
thanks,will try these..
id probably using a mech and an efest battery,i think mine was more of a wicking issue....
if i al looking at this right half of the top coil is exposed and full bed beneath?
right?
-
Been using this for a few days now and I'm beginning not to like it so much any more. The first day it preformed great. Lots of vapor but now it's on par w/ my other setups. Probably time to rewick. I hate the fact that I am constantly dripping being that the mod is cranked up. Low settings doesn't perform as well.
Yes under the coil and also surround the coil. Top exposed.
-
tried this and works fine right now,i don't actually see a big difference on performance thou,
does your cotton turn white after a while?
mine does not,i just get a dry hit,
am i doing something wrong???
-
Turns white? The cotton is white. At least mine is. Discolors around the coil (dark brown) because of the caramelized juice and the occasional dry hit.
You got to keep the cotton wet. That's the part I don't like. Constantly dripping to keep it wet.
-
Turns white? The cotton is white. At least mine is. Discolors around the coil (dark brown) because of the caramelized juice and the occasional dry hit.
You got to keep the cotton wet. That's the part I don't like. Constantly dripping to keep it wet.
mine is always dark brown,never turned to white after i put juice in those cotton..
well kinda works nice on the igo-l since it has a small basin deck...
but it sucks on the aga even on auto drippuing mode...not really a big deal thou...
-
I don't know zeus. Perhaps some adjustment of the coil height and cotton placement may help. Are you using a high VG ratio juice? More VG = More Vapor.
You got me interested and made one a little while ago.
I opened up a fresh Vivi Nova (only thing I had available that wasn't being already used) to try the nano dragon coil.
I wrapped 0.8 ohms of 28 gauge Kanthal around a large paper clip, installed it between the neg and post post and fired it up to burn any oils off.
I pulled some loosely matted cotton under the coil and wrapped both ends around the neg and pos posts.
Do not compress the cotton. Leave it loose.
I want to add that I've tried this on several of my mods and the only mod that can make this thing work at full potential is my MCU Boost Mod. This mod is capable of 30 plus watts and high amperage. Even my PTR08100w which is rated at 10A couldn't handle higher voltages. Only worked moderately will low voltage output setting. The DNA20, the DNA12 and the ZMax just cuts out.
See attached photos. Click to Enlarge.......
Pretty impressive vaper :rockin smiley:
-
That coil break gives the dragon a run for the money, "the slitherer"
-
http://i.imgur.com/HAvntC0.jpg
How much resistance do you think this "coil" has? :laughing2:
-
http://i.imgur.com/HAvntC0.jpg
How much resistance do you think this "coil" has? :laughing2:
Ha, Ha, :laughing: