Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: methos on November 06, 2013, 10:38:09 PM

Title: Game mods
Post by: methos on November 06, 2013, 10:38:09 PM
I did a few mods for a friend. I kinda like the Wii mod. Wish I could keep it.  Both use the smok groove board.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: Breaktru on November 07, 2013, 07:00:59 AM
Both mods are really cool. Well done.
What kind of batteries did you use.
The buttons, did you adapt tact switches to the board
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: Visus on November 07, 2013, 07:35:19 AM
Cool Mods
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: methos on November 07, 2013, 07:39:53 AM
Sorry for the lack of details. I was heading to bed when I posted that.

On the Nintendo remote I wired tach switch's to the groove board and the A & B buttons adjust the v/w. I put a 750mah lipo cell in that one (only one I had that fit) the org grove fire button is where the wiring for the remote use to exit
For the Wii mod I wired the +&- buttons to adjust the v/w  and used the org groove fire button the make the trigger the fire button. I used 2 1000mah lipo cells (round) in the org battery compartment (with a little grinding. LoL)
Both remotes have in circuit charging tied to the org groove board so charging shows on the groove screen.   
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: blueeyes on November 07, 2013, 07:54:08 AM
Very nice  :rockin smiley: and thanks for sharing
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: zeus17 on November 07, 2013, 08:29:41 AM
cool mods!

call me old school but i like the nintendo one.,...
now i just need to save money so i can get one of those :)
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: Visus on November 07, 2013, 09:59:04 PM
Methos,
where did you find the round lipo's?
I can only find them at hobbyking and I think they are  in australia.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: methos on November 07, 2013, 10:05:59 PM
Methos,
where did you find the round lipo's?
I can only find them at hobbyking and I think they are  in australia.

Hobby king has warehouse's all over the world including the US. I used 2 1000mah cells from ego's. as
Long as the voltage is within a few tenth you can make one cell from the 2.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: Visus on November 07, 2013, 11:02:15 PM



Thanks
it seems the round lipo's still come from Aus they are not stocked stateside..
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: methos on November 08, 2013, 06:18:14 AM


Thanks
it seems the round lipo's still come from Aus they are not stocked stateside..

I think I bought the last ones they had. They normally do stock them.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: Breaktru on November 08, 2013, 06:46:31 AM
The Nano-Tech battery is a cool battery type. I was the first to ever use one in a mod and since then they have been very popular. When I first posted a picture of one in my DNA20 they immediately sold out and have been selling out frequently.
DNA20 with Nano-Tech (http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,709.msg5724.html#msg5724)
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: CraigHB on November 08, 2013, 05:47:40 PM
Careful with the batts pulled from eGos.  Those are 2C batts unlike the hobby LiPos which are usually at least 10C.  Those are fine in the eGo since they dont' get overloaded in them, but in a mod with a high power regulator, you could blow one of those cells.

LiPos either flat or round are nice because they have the lowest internal resistance.  There are IMR 18650s with super low internal resistance, but they're expensive.  For example, the Sony US18650VTC3.  LiPos are inexpensive and have the best power delivery.  Though you do take a hit on charge capacity. Lipos have have the lowest energy density of all the Li-Ion types.  In other words, they're bigger for the same run time.  Also the IMR round cells have higher safety.  LiPos are probably the least safe of the main Li-Ion types.  Make sure you have overload and short circuit protection when using them.   

There's always a trade-off in electronics design and batteries are no different.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: Visus on November 08, 2013, 08:53:07 PM
EGO Batts:

I found someone had tested them to an 8c discharge, and found them on alibaba with 8c rating-- so sorry I didn't save the post.
I used my 650mah numbers and found that info.  Its encased now in a mod and works perfectly with 2.7ohm atty, even still I didnt want to stress it lol..
I have an 1100mah ego p13700 batt and per Craig  its max rating is 2c even though I could find ratings of  3c and 5c on albaba. 
I was going to use this 1100mah p13700 battery but not now to many inconsistent reports on rate.

boooo for being safe  :help:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/983888567/13700_1100mAh_e_cigarette_3_7v.html
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: methos on November 08, 2013, 09:22:31 PM
Ego cells are temporary till the nano tech battery's get here. I used it @ 8w with a 2.1 ohm addy so I didn't stress it much.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: CraigHB on November 09, 2013, 12:07:56 PM
Makers of Li-Ion cells typically offer any C rating the customer asks for so it would not be unusual to see cells similar to the ones in the eGo advertised on alibaba with higher C ratings.  However, the trade-off is charge capacity for C rating.  For the eGos, the only way they can get the capacity out of them with the size they use is to go with a 2C cell.  Just looking at the size of the leads on them (small), you can tell they are not cells with a high C rating.

If you disassemble an eGo or similar e-cig for parts, it's going to have a 2C cell in it.
Title: Re: Game mods
Post by: DjKiDD on November 10, 2013, 11:55:25 AM
I like these mods a lot! The Wii one is pretty slick with the trigger fire button. If I stumble across some broken controllers I will definitely have to make one myself.