Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: kortt on November 27, 2013, 11:55:22 PM

Title: Button/ tactile switch cover thingee watchamacallums
Post by: kortt on November 27, 2013, 11:55:22 PM
What I'm trying to describe are buttons for actuating the tactile switches on things like the DNA20, Vamo PCB, etc.  Can you buy them some place?  I've been looking around but don't even know what to call them.
I've made them out of wood in the past for actuating a tactile switch.  Was just wondering if you could buy plastic or metal ones some place?

Studiovape made his out of brass for his awesome DNA20 mod and they look great but I don't have the tools to make metal ones really, was hoping I could find them available for sale some place.
Title: Re: Button/ tactile switch cover thingee watchamacallums
Post by: warlordxxx on November 28, 2013, 03:11:59 AM
You could try something like a broken vamo - They have metal switch pieces - The up and down would be around the right size for small tactiles :D
Title: Re: Button/ tactile switch cover thingee watchamacallums
Post by: Breaktru on November 28, 2013, 07:27:06 AM
You will have to weed through this list to find the size your need:
Digikey (http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=1880003%2C1880042&k=tactile+cover&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=0&pbfree=0&rohs=0&quantity=&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25)
Alibaba (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/205155104/6mm_Tactile_switch_cap_with_avarious.html) and more at Alibaba (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/205290825/Tactile_switch_cap_switch_cover_with.html)
Futurlec (http://www.futurlec.com/SwTactile.shtml)
e-switch (http://www.e-switch.com/ProductCatalog/Caps/tabid/173/Default.aspx)

or salvage from old electronic devices
Title: Re: Button/ tactile switch cover thingee watchamacallums
Post by: kortt on November 28, 2013, 12:55:33 PM
Thanks guys!
Breaktru, that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a bunch!  ;bow;