Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: redwolfe on December 05, 2013, 12:21:24 AM

Title: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on December 05, 2013, 12:21:24 AM
With all these stealth DNA20 mods coming out me and a friend wanted to design one of our own. So into Autodesk Inventor I went working and about 2 weeks of experimenting with button placement, battery size and case dimensions I finally came up with this. These are just 3D renders for now but soon, I'll have working prototypes. I wanted as much battery life as I could get in a small mod and I came up with dual 900mah cells for a total of 1800mah. I can't wait to work on these. Also got really nice Stainless connectors waiting for them.

This one still needs a name too. (I'm terrible at picking names)  :laughing2: If you have suggestions, by all means!


Here are some of the drawings and renders for preview.


Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Pantera on December 05, 2013, 08:49:50 AM
That's great cad work red. Well done mate  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Breaktru on December 05, 2013, 08:58:16 AM
Yes, cool cad work. Button placement is great too.  :applaude:
SS connector? Did you buy it from Craig or did you have it made?
1800mah should work well
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on December 05, 2013, 11:10:22 AM
They are the same Ss connectors as Craig uses for his Powerblok. He was nice to send me the cad drawings. I made it 0.5mm taller and added a 1mm chamfer.  I have about 200 that I had made waiting to go in this.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: CraigHB on December 05, 2013, 01:22:10 PM
1800mAh is just about right.  Wish I could add 400mAh to the little boxes I make.  1400mAh is a little light.

Drawings look good, are you going to CNC that enclosure out of aluminum?
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on December 05, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
Yes they will be CNC'd from aluminum. I certainly can't wait to get the prototypes for this. I already have quite a bit of interest from the people I've shown the renders to locally.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: novoleen on December 05, 2013, 02:57:14 PM
very nice work  :beer-toast: can't wait to see it built
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: zeus17 on December 05, 2013, 05:25:17 PM
subscribing....hehehhehe
nice...can't wait to see this come to life...

name?

how about
don't press
don't use

last gear?
hold?


Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: kortt on December 05, 2013, 06:00:34 PM
Nice work,  looks well thought out. :D

Name....how about

ADV1800 (Aluminum DNA Vaporizer 1800 mah)
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: vaperkarma on December 05, 2013, 06:12:28 PM
very nice cad work. Please post your completed mod when done  :yes"
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: mamu on December 06, 2013, 08:15:41 AM
Sweet mod, redwolfe!!  Awesome to have 1800mAh with that size.  I love the silver on aluminum look and the way you have the buttons recessed.

Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Telly R on December 06, 2013, 03:40:42 PM
redwolfe, that's a great design and quality components.  I like the fact that you have designed this little mod with high capacity battery and metal casing.  Taking the existing ones to the next level.  Can't wait to see it.  Well done!
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on December 06, 2013, 08:43:23 PM
I think I got a name for it now, I posted this thread over on another forum and a member suggested "Canis Rufus" which is Latin for "red wolf". I think it fits perfectly, and it sounds cool!
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Breaktru on December 06, 2013, 09:44:29 PM
Cool name. Does he win a prototype  :laughing:
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on December 06, 2013, 09:46:50 PM
Cool name. Does he win a prototype  :laughing:

 :laughing2: If it didn't have internal batteries he would have. He's across the pond.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: CraigHB on December 07, 2013, 04:27:51 AM
I send them anyway, well, I've sent one across the pond at least.  You're supposed to put a warning label on packages with Li-Ion batteries even for domestic, haven't done it and haven't had any packages refused.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: mamu on December 07, 2013, 02:02:56 PM
I lost a few hundred dollars worth of Lexi cases sending those power banks back to the China supplier because he had sent them with words on the case - I had ordered them with no words on the case. 

The China supplier never got them so I didn't get an exchange or refund.  I have no idea where those power banks finally ended up, but last tracking showed they were dead-ended at the Chicago international sorting facility.  That was about a year or so ago when I didn't know of the US postal regulation not to ship packages containing batteries international.  Makes me furious that they couldn't at least return them to me as I could have used the end caps and charging board for parts.  Total bummer and lesson learned not to ship anything with batteries in it overseas.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on February 27, 2014, 01:10:37 PM
Finally some exciting news, the prototype boxes have arrived, and it is small, can't wait to get these together today! Photos show comparison next to my VaporShark and a 30ml bottle.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Breaktru on February 27, 2014, 03:15:29 PM
Looking good  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on February 27, 2014, 08:21:47 PM
Finally got it together, working really nicely and 2400mah for this size should be a big hit. The screen is a touch off center but for a prototype I don't mind that. This one is a DNA30.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Breaktru on February 27, 2014, 08:51:51 PM
Looking even better now that it's up and running
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: ChainVaper on February 27, 2014, 08:53:33 PM
Congrats RW  :beer-toast:
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: deftones on February 27, 2014, 10:45:16 PM
Really cool box, congrats!  :thumbsup:
Is it all machined aluminium? Lipo powered?

As for the name, I'd call it "The Cabinet" because the shape of the recessed buttons reminds me of a speaker cabinet.  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: Visus on February 28, 2014, 12:55:09 AM
"The temperature just kept rising"

 :yes"
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on February 28, 2014, 04:11:45 PM
When the dna30 dies dies it reset out say check battery like the 20 does? Mine is resetting.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: mamu on February 28, 2014, 04:48:18 PM
If the DNA30 senses that the batt can't handle the load it will blank out and reset itself.
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: redwolfe on February 28, 2014, 05:04:41 PM
If the DNA30 senses that the batt can't handle the load it will blank out and reset itself.

Ok thanks, it was not a load issue as I've only been running 1.4 ohm on it so far with the lipo packs. I just found it weird that when the batteries were dead it just reset rather than saying 'check battery'
Title: Re: Stealth DNA20 (Needs a name)
Post by: mamu on February 28, 2014, 05:34:59 PM
Blanking out and resetting itself is a new feature of the DNA30 and it is a load issue.  If you press the fire button and the DNA30 blanks out and resets it's telling you the batt can't handle the load.  Doesn't matter the cause - low ohms, dead batt, degraded batt, poor batt contacts, power setting too high, etc.  It's a safety feature with the DNA telling you the batt can't handle the load so the DNA won't allow the atty/carto to fire.