gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 07:18:07 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: how to make Berry Mix
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how to make Berry Mix  (Read 10570 times)

Offline babonji

how to make Berry Mix
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:16:40 AM »
i do like berry mix from Ritchy

how i make it home made

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Re: how to make Berry Mix
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:08:15 PM »

BaBonji:     I took a magnifying glass to your picture and from what I can see, that juice is a combination of fruits and berries.  It just so happens I made one about 6 months ago that I think is what you are looking for.  I called mine Very Berry and it went like this:

50/50  PG/VG
           2mg Nic

Blackberry  5%
           Blueberry    5%
           Raspberry   5%
           Strawberry  5%
           Pineapple    5%

I steeped it in hot water and then let it set 3 days.  Everyone who has tried it, loves it.  Give it a try and let us know how you like it.

Offline babonji

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:30:10 PM »
i will

thanks

Offline suern

• My Signature
  • Started: Vaping Dec 2012; DIY Juice June 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
I made this recipe on Dec 2. I followed it exactly and steeped as recommended. It (and all of my DIYs) doesn't seem to have much flavor. I have tried keeping them in the dark (relative). I am very frustrated - hate to go back to premades, but I just can't seem to get any flavor. I made a blackberry one that tasted great when new, but then the flavor just dissipated. Help!! :wallbash: 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
I know many DIY'ers swear by steeping but personally my recipes taste better new. Mine seem to loose flavor as it ages so I stopped steeping and vape it right away and keep the cap on tight.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »

BAB and Sue:    If the flavor is to weak for you, add more.  Instead of 5% go to 10%.  This Very Berry has been very popular at my friends shop.  If you don't want to steep the juice.  Use it right away, but,  Make sure it mixes totally.  If you don't steep, add some water to thin it out.  Should be about 0.12ml

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »
I made this recipe on Dec 2. I followed it exactly and steeped as recommended. It (and all of my DIYs) doesn't seem to have much flavor. I have tried keeping them in the dark (relative). I am very frustrated - hate to go back to premades, but I just can't seem to get any flavor. I made a blackberry one that tasted great when new, but then the flavor just dissipated. Help!! :wallbash:

Sue:  Question:  What brand of concentrates are you using?  Are you counting drops or using syringes and blunt needles or using transfer pipettes?  If one or two of your mixes went awry we would be looking for an accident.  But, when everyone goes south, we have to find something common to ALL mixes.  Let me ask some questions that may seem silly, but each should help.

1)  Are you using cheap Chinese concentrate?  Whose concentrates do you use?
   2)  Are you using 1ml, 3ml, and 5ml syringes when the smaller syringe is appropriate?
   3)  Does the label  on the bottle you use for the flavor in your mix have the word "concentrate" printed on the label?
   4)  Does the label  on the bottle you use for the flavor in your mix contain a statement of how much nicotine is in the bottle?
   5)  Do you use a graduated cylinder for measuring?  What size Cylinder?
   6)  After you enter your flavors and % of each, do you hit the "Calculate" and do you hit it again after you make a change.
   7)  Do you ever let the total % of flavors exceed 20%?
   8)  Would you mix the following as written or would you rewrite it:

Strawberry  16%
                       Watermelon 15%
                        Coconut       5%

PG 70%  /  VG 30%
                         Nic n
                         Water, PGA, or Vodka  n

9)  Do you use n mg/ml in PG or n mg in 50/50 PG/VG  (These last numbers may be any PG/VG combination)
    10  What battery voltage do you have your battery set on?
    11) When you charge your battery(s) do you let them charge until the red light turns green??
    12)  At the top of the calculator it ask "Amount to Make", do you set that to the exact amount of the bottle size?.

Don't leave any question unanswered.  We will all put our heads together and solve this problem for you.

Eric

Offline suern

• My Signature
  • Started: Vaping Dec 2012; DIY Juice June 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:29:02 AM »
Eric,
to answer your questions:
1)  Are you using cheap Chinese concentrate?  Whose concentrates do you use? -No - LorAnn   2)  Are you using 1ml, 3ml, and 5ml syringes when the smaller syringe is appropriate? yes - I use syringes or pipettes.   3)  Does the label  on the bottle you use for the flavor in your mix have the word "concentrate" printed on the label? some do   4)  Does the label  on the bottle you use for the flavor in your mix contain a statement of how much nicotine is in the bottle? no nic in flavors   5)  Do you use a graduated cylinder for measuring?  What size Cylinder? no, I use syringes or pipettes   6)  After you enter your flavors and % of each, do you hit the "Calculate" and do you hit it again after you make a change. Yes   7)  Do you ever let the total % of flavors exceed 20%? /the last batch I made I increased the flavors (berryberrygood) from 16 to 32%      Would you mix the following as written or would you rewrite it: I would try it first as written                       Strawberry  16%                       Watermelon 15%                        Coconut       5%                        PG 70%  /  VG 30%                         Nic n                         Water, PGA, or Vodka  n     9)  Do you use n mg/ml in PG or n mg in 50/50 PG/VG  (These last numbers may be any PG/VG combination)100mg/ml in 50/50    10  What battery voltage do you have your battery set on?cant set voltage    11) When you charge your battery(s) do you let them charge until the red light turns green??yes    12)  At the top of the calculator it ask "Amount to Make", do you set that to the exact amount of the bottle size?. no, i mix a batch  (generally 30ml) and put it in bottles - some times several little ones and sometimes all in a bigger one.

The last batch of berry berry was great for a few days - now the flavor seems to be dissipating again. aarrggh.
Thanks for your help!  Sue

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 12:49:47 AM »

Offline heath54

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 06:34:44 AM »
Your berry mix sounds interesting.  Time to mix a batch and give it the test.  ;cheers;

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: how to make Berry Mix

gfxgfx
gfx gfx