gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 11:15:18 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Parts for Mods  |  Topic: Tact Switch - Silver Metal
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tact Switch - Silver Metal  (Read 26954 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Tact Switch - Silver Metal
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
Arrow Electronics 300g - KSJ0M43180SHLFT / 200g - KSJ0M211 80SH LFT

I prefer the 100g lighter force tacts part # KSJ0M011 but they are always sold out
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:56:16 PM by Breaktru »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Tact Switch - Silver Metal
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
I like the lighter ones too.  The ones I'm using right now are 200g, but I used a different one before that was 100g.  Not sure which I like better, but 300g would be a little stiff.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »
Your right Craig, I just looked at the last batch I bought and they were the 200g. The 300g's are sitting idol after using one awhile ago.

Offline warlordxxx

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
Almost double the price but at least Digikey has them in stock http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/KSJ0M211%2080SH%20LFT/401-1803-ND/1003867

This place has them too https://www.verical.com/partID/150989#landingPage=catalogMpnView&searchCriterion=&searchName=&searchTerm=&_i_=4 although i think they ship from the Netherlands so it might be a while lol

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:49:07 PM »
I had to pick up my last batch of switches from Digikey, they don't have the best prices, but they do have really good stock on stuff.

Offline warlordxxx

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »
Well i found the ECIA website and it gives you a good idea as to who's got what in stock and at what price, as long as you have the part number that is http://www.eciaauthorized.com/search/KSJ0M211-80SH-LFT

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »
I've been using this site for some time;

http://www.findchips.com

Though really, my options are Mouser, Newark, and Digikey in that order.  Other distributors have high minimum orders or high shipping costs or both.   There's a few obscure ones I use for specialty stuff, like you can't beat these guys for hookup wire;

http://www.allelectronics.com

These guys are the best for soldering supplies;

http://www.hmcelectronics.com

Offline mamu

• PV Master
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »
I like the 200g the best - middle of the road between the 100g and 300g with still an easy click.

If I know the part # I use http://www.octopart.com to find who has it in stock and at what price.

Both arrow and onlinecomponents have good prices, but most times I end up at digikey or mouser to get everything on my list at one place.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:46:43 PM »
Any reason nobody considers using the distribution source?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/952301503/_Electronic_components_KSJ0M211_80SH_LFT.html

There's no MOQ and they can be shipped snail mail if you so desire. (DHL,UPS,Fedex EMS TNT and HK Post)

Price starts at $0.10/ea to $0.001/ea for very large orders.

They'll accept Paypal too.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 01:30:09 AM »
The Chinese suppliers can be an inexpensive source for stuff if you don't mind the shipping times.  Though on alibaba, they sometimes list minimum order quantities that are not accurate once you contact the seller and ask.  I've had that happen before, seen a great price on something only to find it carries a large MOQ.  I do occasionally look for stuff on that site and have bought through them a few times, good deals can be found.

Buying international can be risky since if there's an issue requiring a return, it involves international post which is a real PITA.  I don't often have to return stuff, but it has happened a few times.  When using a domestic source, it's nice to know it's going to be a simple thing if it comes down to it.

Another thing is that Mouser has never, ever sent me the wrong item in the 10 plus years I've been using them.  I think that's pretty amazing.  That's a good thing when dealing with parts that don't have identification markings on them, it's not an uncommon thing for electronic components.  There's really no confidence you'll get the correct item when buying from a Chinese source lacking any reputation.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:34:09 AM »
All distributors allow a sample purchase, which would still be a lot less than retail.

The thing with China is that they don't volunteer information, so you've gotta know what type of questions to ask.

And as far as your "return" goes, you're covered under Alibaba's Fair Trade policy (Fair Play Fund) up to $1000.

This policy requires Gold Status members to follow certain established rules, one of which is returns....which are covered by the seller, not the buyer:

http://www.alibaba.com/help/safety_security/policies_rules/trade_dispute/004.html

http://www.alibaba.com/help/safety_security/products/fair_play_fund.html

If the seller refuses to cover your return expenses or doesn't reimburse you for them, they could lose their membership....and you'll be reimbursed by Alibaba's Fair Play Fund.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:43:50 AM by timesarerough »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »
Sounds pretty good.  I've use their sellers before and have not had an issue, didn't know they had such strict policies.  Good to know.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 02:04:01 PM »
All distributors allow a sample purchase, which would still be a lot less than retail.

The thing with China is that they don't volunteer information, so you've gotta know what type of questions to ask.

And as far as your "return" goes, you're covered under Alibaba's Fair Trade policy (Fair Play Fund) up to $1000.

This policy requires Gold Status members to follow certain established rules, one of which is returns....which are covered by the seller, not the buyer:

http://www.alibaba.com/help/safety_security/policies_rules/trade_dispute/004.html

http://www.alibaba.com/help/safety_security/products/fair_play_fund.html

If the seller refuses to cover your return expenses or doesn't reimburse you for them, they could lose their membership....and you'll be reimbursed by Alibaba's Fair Play Fund.

Mamu posted she was hit by a sour return and was not reimbursed for 4 figures on returning some battery boxes lost in space.  IDK if it was alibaba but I think it was..

Offline mamu

• PV Master
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »
It was aliexpress.  The seller sent me the power banks that I use for Lexi with words on the case and I had specifically requested and they agreed no words on the case.

Sending them back, they got seized (at least I think that's what happened they never let ya know what's what just *poof* and it's nowhere land) at the Chicago international sorting facility.  I'm assuming they got seized for the batts inside the power bank. 

So the seller never got them back.  I had proof and my receipts and tracking number that I sent them back that I copied and emailed, but still got no refund.

But I can't blame aliexpress for that as I would not refund if I hadn't got a package no matter what proof the customer showed me.  I blame the seller cuz he's the one that screwed things up by sending power banks I couldn't use with words on the case.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
Check out the "about" page;  http://news.alibaba.com/specials/aboutalibaba/aligroup/index.html   They have a number of online sites including Alibaba and Aliexpress.

In any case, it's a good example of the perils involved in international transactions.  I've done a few and have not had any issue, but the potential is always there.  In your case, the vendor should have reshipped the correct product and taken the hit for the seizure, but they refused to do the right thing. 

It seems all of the Ali Group seller sites have a buyer protection scheme in place so maybe you can still have take advantage of that.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:43:32 PM by CraigHB »

Offline bobbavet

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 03:34:08 AM »
Gday Guys

Im in the process of a DNA30 wood box. The "Oracle"

I have sourced these switches some time ago to do a vamo build but never got around to it.

I am hoping someone may be able to tell me which posts to solder wire to, ie where is pos and neg on them?

I have the data sheets on the switches but it is all dimension and electrical specs, every thing but orientation of posts.

Looking at the pics of Breaktru's mod,  it appears any 2 side by side, as long as you do not go diagonal.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers Bob
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:00:41 AM by bobbavet »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 07:16:36 AM »
When in doubt, the ohmmeter is your friend.
See the photo and diagram on the tact pins HERE

Offline bobbavet

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 07:34:34 AM »
Gday Breeakthru. Thanks for getting back to me.

Is an ohm meter really necessary?
As long as you wire to the one side. ie AB or CD

Im also taking visual clues from the vertical mounted version in the data sheet and you can see +/-  tabs on one side  facing down.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:40:38 AM by bobbavet »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 07:54:48 AM »
I was just trying to point out that checking continuity with an ohmmeter would answer your question on which contacts conduct.
I use my ohmmeter all the time before wiring up a switch without having to look it up. It's much faster and is a surefire way proving things.

Offline devine32

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 08:40:13 AM »
Hi I purchased 20 of these for around 20 bucks delivered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181089461600?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

They are from Poland and I am in the UK so don't no how much postage to the states will be, they are the 100g version.

Offline steamEngine

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
That's pretty cheap. I wonder if they are really C&K.

Offline c1truz

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 06:58:36 PM »
Thanks BT.  I was just trying to find these earlier.  Didnt know who made them or what they were called.  Shoulda known to check here first!

Offline BigHoffy

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »
Hey guys I'm brand spanking new to this site. first post for me! I found these at mouser KSJ0M011 there .80 cents a pop and cheaper for more. here is the link http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/KSJ0M011/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduiKutY28UTGA5rXInj9cGZbj%252byYgrKjHyw%3d man that's a long address lol. also I am wondering about other buttons for a mod I'm dreaming about. looking for info on a magnetic firing switch, I want to use it with the sx350. preferably a button about the size of the x button on a PlayStation controller. also some ideas for using magnets for a back panel instead of screws. mostly on how to keep it looking nice and being able to get it open again. without holes or tabs. thanks dudes and dudets.

Offline lithod02

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »
another noob to site here, are these 300g round actuator switches the same as in hana/hana clone I need to replace my fire switch.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
another noob to site here, are these 300g round actuator switches the same as in hana/hana clone I need to replace my fire switch.

Sure looks like the same style switch.
Just note that the switches come in various actuating forces. For instance 1N (100g), 2N (200g) and 3N (300g) actuation force. The higher the number the harder it is to push. Personally I like the 200g ones.

Offline lithod02

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »
yea i read that earlier, i just want to make sure i get the right size for the hole. and the original button works fine for my liking except now it is is sticking even after cleaning it with alcohol

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
It can be hard to find 200g exactly though.  You see them at 160g a lot, but 200g is really the sweet spot.  I've used the 160g ones and they're too mushy.  The 300g ones are too stiff.

Offline lithod02

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »
any idea what the oroginal switch in hana is like 200g or 300g? i like the feel of it, but it is sticking now and have to replace it.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Parts for Mods  |  Topic: Tact Switch - Silver Metal

gfxgfx
gfx gfx