gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 01:18:42 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Where to find those cool looking boxes for mods???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where to find those cool looking boxes for mods???  (Read 6920 times)

Offline Thurge

Where to find those cool looking boxes for mods???
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »
Hello Modders!

I would absolutely love to find a cool looking box to make my first mod in. Something that can hold 2 18650 batteries, that I can mount a voltage/resistance display in, and that would really be a nice and easy first build. I want to make my first mod and (since I can't seem to figure out how to make a tube mod) I want to make a cool looking box mod. Also, has anybody figured out a way to use capacitive touch buttons in a mod? One more thing, I'd love circuit suggestions also. I want something with a high amp limit that can support up to 40+ watts and sub ohm coils. I have friends who are cloud chasers and I want to show them a regulated way to do it.

Thanks guys!!!

Offline Pantera

Re: Where to find those cool looking boxes for mods???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »
Here is a case that can hold two 18650 batteries and a 50watt PTR8100w or a OKR-T/10. He uses a touch switch via mosfet.
DM Mod

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:54:38 PM »
Also, has anybody figured out a way to use capacitive touch buttons in a mod?

You can use the same circuit used for a touch trigger to provide digital inputs for an up/down pot or for an MCU that controls a digital pot.  If you use an MCU, then you can use the CTMU (charge time measurement unit) built into the MCU to add touch sensors for controls.  Not all MCUs have a CTMU module, but most of the newer ones do.  The primary function of that feature is to provide touch sensing inputs.  You really need a lock function if you do that.  Touch sensors are sensitive to anything that conducts electricity, not just human skin.

I want something with a high amp limit that can support up to 40+ watts and sub ohm coils. I have friends who are cloud chasers and I want to show them a regulated way to do it.

The OKR-T/10 is a 50 Watt regulator that can provide up to 10 Amps of output current.  You should be able to go as low in resistance as you would ever want with that.  You need a couple 10A 18650s or better to power it.  There are other step-down regulators that can provide even higher power levels, but the OKR is inexpensive and widely available with lots of stuff in the forum here on using it.

Offline Thurge

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »
I was thinking something a little more fancy or eye catching. That box is nice but a little plain. Can somebody point me to a diagram of an existing circuit that I can just order the parts and assemble it?

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »
Can somebody point me to a diagram of an existing circuit that I can just order the parts and assemble it?

Nobody has done touch sensor contols here in the forum so you won't find a plug and play diagram.  People have done touch sensors for the atomizer trigger, but not for the controls.  You'll have to get inventive for that.

Offline Zoiboi

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:32:46 AM »
I used this box for my last mod.
 http://dx.com/p/universal-convenient-5v-usb-adapter-power-bank-w-torch-light-black-2-x-18650-264150#.UwmGyM4_qTY
Holds the battery well and have room for print....

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Where to find those cool looking boxes for mods???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx