gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 06:39:46 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Keeping it FRESH
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Keeping it FRESH  (Read 8476 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Keeping it FRESH
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
Some believe that flavors and nicotine strength does not diminish in flavor or strength but my theory is:

If I purchase already mixed eJuice, I split the order into smaller bottles rather than buying the larger bottle even if it cost a little more. This way I draw from the one open bottle and the rest stay sealed until ready for use. Also, don't leave the eye dropper in the bottle, remove it after use and seal it back with a cap. I do the same with all my liquids. I buy small bottles, preferably in glass.

When I mix my own recipes, I mix small quantities, so I am mixing all the time and the mixed juice doesn't sit around losing flavor or strength.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:30:54 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline wwwest

Re: Keeping it FRESH
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »
I noticed flavor loss when I get low on the small juice bottle that I carry with my carrying case. What I do is, add a drop or two of flavoring to spruce it up.

Offline asnider123

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:34:59 PM »
I bought 180ml bottles of my fav flavors from bluemist (really cheap, incidently) .. I read that double-sealing (in bottle and in burped ziplock freezer bag) and refrigerating will allow you to keep ejuice for quite a long time. Therefore, my juice stash is in a little dorm-room fridge in my master bath. I hope they are right, I have close to a litre altogether.  ::)

Offline Madmanmacguyver

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 04:04:25 AM »
well I'm pretty sure the second bagging doesnt matter except for leakage of the bottle but keeping it in the fridge will slow the breakdown process of niquids...there are organic materials in niquids and that WILL breakdown over time...keeping it in a temp controlled environ will slow that...

Offline nico

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:31 PM »
Definitely want to remove the eye droppers for long term...I have had some liquid start to deteriorate the rubber. Plus the rubber is porous so air will get in eventually and oxidize the nicotine.

Online shirl

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:41 AM »
Definitely want to remove the eye droppers for long term...I have had some liquid start to deteriorate the rubber. Plus the rubber is porous so air will get in eventually and oxidize the nicotine.

makes a lot of sense to me too. thanks nico  :thankyou:

Offline novoleen

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »
I always mix small quantities. Usually no more than 10ml.
Certain flavoring turns faster than others. Those I mix at 5ml.
My eJuice is always fresh doing this.

Offline nico

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
Your welcome shirl. Especially watch your flavorings...that stuff is concentrated so it will eat rubber even quicker. I had to throw away a bunch of TPA flavoring because of it..and that white rubber seems to be the worst.

Novo...I would be mixing every day!! lol I have a fairly complex 555 juice I mix so I do it in 250ml batches. It actually starts to taste like it should after the first 20ml is used..and it gets better to the end. I transfer some to a 30ml bottle for daily refills so maybe mine needs that bit of airspace to help steep the flavors...dunno.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Keeping it FRESH

gfxgfx
gfx gfx