gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 09:03:55 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: OKR parts/schematics check
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OKR parts/schematics check  (Read 4943 times)

Offline fullthrown

OKR parts/schematics check
« on: April 04, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »
Im planning an okr-t10 build and I was wondering if someone could look over this schematic and parts list to make sure i'm good to order. Im using the schematic shown above. Here are the parts I plan to use:

E-Switch 2A PB Switch
On/Off Slide Switch 3A @ 125 VAC (SW2)
Press-in 510
OKR-T/10-W12-C
2k Ohm Resistor (R1)
2x 10uF/16V Ceramic Capacitors (C1/C2)
220 Ohm Resistor (R2)
200 Ohm Potentiometer (POT1)
Zener Diode (ZD1): http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/1N5339B-TP/1N5339BTPMSCT-ND/1114281
75A/30V P-FET

Am I missing anything? Do I need to take something out? Any input will help! Thanks.

Offline Phestr

• SteamDwarf
  • That which doesn't kill me...better start running.
Re: OKR parts/schematics check
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »
Just a couple notes, based on my own build and what I've read here:
1. No need for the capacitors with the OKR chips (the TI chips do, though)
2. You should use a MOSFET with a low amp button, or a normally closed button (plus a pull down resistor) if using pin 1.  It looks like you have used both.  I used a 3amp button between battery and pin 2.
3.  I'm pretty sure the zener is not needed, but I didn't use pin 1.

Anyone else, please feel free to correct me, it's been a while since I used an OKR.

Offline fullthrown

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »
Thank you!! Just a few other questions. I can't recall where, but i read somewhere that the added caps will provide some sort of damper or safety to the caps on the okr chip due to the fact that the okr chip isn't normally designed to be used in pulse scenarios such as the circuits we run them in. Is this true?

My understanding is that the mosfet is used for reverse polarity, correct? Thats about as far is i know with mosfets, I can do more research on them to understand exactly whats going on, but could you possibly explain?

Lastly, why omit the zener regardless of whether or not you're using pin 1 or 2? The zener is used for low voltage cut off right? And why would using pin 2 versus pin 1 make for use without the zener?

Again, thanks. This forum has been a tremendous help.

Offline fullthrown

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Could someone please confirm that i'm good on the schematic side of this..Im going to wire everything to the breadboard fairly soon and would just like to know that i'm doing this right.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: OKR parts/schematics check

gfxgfx
gfx gfx