gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 16, 2024, 12:59:00 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Raptor build and 1s-6s issue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Raptor build and 1s-6s issue  (Read 5371 times)

Offline M0n0

Raptor build and 1s-6s issue
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:15:01 AM »
So this is my build, the cuts in the case were bad but overall I've been really happy with it!

Mostly mamu's spec. I used different pfet and modified a c battery cradle to accommodate dual 26650 in the box.

Now after running for a week the screen is reading EE1 or EE8 so I'm not really sure what that's about just yet.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Raptor build and 1s-6s issue
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »
Looks really good.

Your voltmeter is probably just a failed unit.  There's really not much that can go wrong from the outside for them to quit working.  Hopefully it's not too much trouble to swap it out.  The one thing you might check is there are no exposed wires making contact with the PCB, but that would be pretty unlikely.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
Yeah, sounds like an error code. Looks like the DM is trashed.

Offline M0n0

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »
Thanks guys, I've verified it is in fact the screen. I'm thinking about putting the new smaller versions of the screens...I work as a field tech the screen seems fragile...

Also, looking at the schematic, I used a recommended .3a 3 pos mini switch for the build...if this device is measuring full load of the output, wouldn't this need to be rated to handle the full load of the Output wattage/incoming amperage? I had a few failed switches when I mapped this out on my table, so I'm starting to think this is also going to be an issue, although I haven't electronically proven it yet.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:46:17 PM by M0n0 »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
Thanks guys, I've verified it is in fact the screen. I'm thinking about putting the new smaller versions of the screens...I work as a field tech the screen seems fragile...

Also, looking at the schematic, I used a recommended .3a 3 pos mini switch for the build...if this device is measuring full load of the output, wouldn't this need to be rated to handle the full load of the Output wattage/incoming amperage? I had a few failed switches when I mapped this out on my table, so I'm starting to think this is also going to be an issue, although I haven't electronically proven it yet.

Thanks!

A defective or broken screen would probably show a dim read-out or NO read out. The error code is probably due to a component failure on the digital meter.

A 3 position switch for the Digital display should only pass low current drawn by the Digital Meter. Your 0.3A switch is 300mA. The Digital meter draws much lower current. At max, probably around 20mA. Most likely 5mA or less.
You are not passing the atty coil load through the switch. Just the D.M load.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Raptor build and 1s-6s issue

gfxgfx
gfx gfx