gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 06:48:02 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...  (Read 7748 times)

Offline mamu

• PV Master
OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »
For this project, I used Hammond 1455D801BU (80mm x 45mm x 25mm) and modded the Omnitester's volt-ohm meter and circuitry to fit inside the case.

Source input to power the volt-ohm meter can't be done with using an 8.4v source or a 12v power supply - the higher volts will fry the circuitry.  The Omnitester has an internal 3.7v lipo battery.  I didn't want to put that batt inside the mod though and have to have a usb port for charging it plus I didn't have room for it, so I used a 4v 250mA LDO to power the meter. 

I had designed for a DPST switch to power on/power off source input with the LDO input and the meter's output with the converter's output, but decided the actuator of the switch I had bought was too flimsy and wouldn't hold up, and of course I decided this after I had already drilled the hole in the case for the DPST switch. :(

So I used 2x SPST tact switches and plugged the hole that I had drilled for the DPST switch.

The meter and its circuitry take up almost the whole inside of the case, so I reckon it's not really feasible to make mods with it, but I really like the small size and the blue display matches my case.   :laughing:

Couple of disadvantages with the Omnitester.  It only displays to the tenth, not to the hundreth - so lose that fine detail for ohms and it only displays up to 9.9 volts.  I didn't wire for displaying source input volts then since I'm using a 12v power supply.

displays output volts...

displays atty ohms...

side-by-side with my DNA passthru mod...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:40:11 PM by mamu »

Offline mamu

• PV Master
Re: OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »
Yay success!! lol

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing mamu. Very nice. Luv the ohm/volt meter

Offline thejewk

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
Very nice work. I am currently making an okr pass through too, using a 1590a case I have spare. Just waiting on parts an motivation lol.

Nice work on the extra functionality, I would love to be adding that sort of thing but running before walking etc.

Offline mamu

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
Thanks breaktru and thejewk.

It is a nice at desk mod.  I thought maybe I'd get tangled up in the cord as clutzy as I am  :laughing: but no issues with that.

Offline runawaytrainn

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
very nice! I luv em both, where do you get your 510 connectors and the enclosures?

Offline mamu

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:36 AM »
The connector on the DNA mod will soon be available at fatdaddyvapes.com.  The connector on the OKR mod is available now at fatdaddyvapes.com

I listed the part # for the enclosure in the OP - go to octopart.com and enter that part number to find who has in stock.

Offline thejewk

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 03:44:20 AM »
Mamu, would you say that the placement of the power connection is ideal for a pass through? I was trying to decide which side in relation to the button would work best to keep it out of the way when vaping and had planned to put it in the same place as you.

Offline mamu

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 04:14:18 AM »
Ideal would be a matter of preference.

For me, I like the DC connector opposite side of the fire switch and near the bottom.  The cord and jack is a non-issue and not in the way no matter if I push the fire switch with either my finger or thumb, and near the bottom so the mod doesn't topple over from the weight of the cord and jack when I set the mod down.

I'm making one for my son and he wants the DC connector on the bottom, but he lays his mod down on its back or on his lap.  I set my mods upright on my desk.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: OKR-T10 passthru w/ volt-ohm meter...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx