gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 07:36:02 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Registering As A New Member
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Registering As A New Member  (Read 23964 times)

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Registering As A New Member
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:32 AM »
I get dozens of requests for membership each week by users who use INVALID email address'.

When a user registers for membership, a CONFORMATION email is sent that requires the would be member to activate.

1. Check for correctness when entering an email address.
2. Don't use bogus email address'.
3. If you did not receive the CONFORMATION email, Check your SPAM or JUNK folder for the CONFORMATION email.
4. In your Profile "Account Settings" when registering, Do NOT check the box "Allow users to email me". This will prevent spam bot from trolling for email address. This goes for ANY forum that you register on.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Registering As A New Member
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »
This prompted me to check my profile, and I did in fact have an invalid email in there.  I get disposable emails with my paid Yahoo account so I create a unique email for each site I use.  That way if an email gets compromised by a particular site, I can just kill it without having to change my email address across the board.  That does happen sometimes, though interestingly my PayPal email is the worst offender since it's tied to all my eBay transactions.   I think lots of eBayers sell off lists of email addresses they harvest from sales transactions.

Anyway, turns out I used my ECF email to register on this forum.  That's one I killed a long time ago, with prejudice.  The forum told me I needed to re-activate my account after entering a new email, but then it gave me an error saying my account was already activated when I clicked the link in the activation email.  Then I got another email saying it was handled by the admin, so thanks for doing that.  Sounds like there's a little glitch with changing your email on the forum here.

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 06:24:59 PM »
This prompted me to check my profile, and I did in fact have an invalid email in there.  I get disposable emails with my paid Yahoo account so I create a unique email for each site I use.  That way if an email gets compromised by a particular site, I can just kill it without having to change my email address across the board.  That does happen sometimes, though interestingly my PayPal email is the worst offender since it's tied to all my eBay transactions.   I think lots of eBayers sell off lists of email addresses they harvest from sales transactions.

Anyway, turns out I used my ECF email to register on this forum.  That's one I killed a long time ago, with prejudice.  The forum told me I needed to re-activate my account after entering a new email, but then it gave me an error saying my account was already activated when I clicked the link in the activation email.  Then I got another email saying it was handled by the admin, so thanks for doing that.  Sounds like there's a little glitch with changing your email on the forum here.

Good idea Craig.

Yes I activated your account manually. I have it set to re-activate an account on email change. There are several members with invalid email address' and I get a bunch of returned email notifications when someone posts to the topic the invalid member is asking for notification in. I then have to remove notifications for said members or sometime I just delete their membership.

Offline cliff p

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:23:34 AM »
Hey everyone, not really new to the site but newly registered.  I have a habit of lurking places for a bit :)

This seemed like ALMOST the most appropriate place to post, so hello!

PS - It may be beneficial to have a new members section so that folks like myself can create a new thread without a 3 post minimum?  It's rather difficult to find a spot to say "hey" in, without derailing an otherwise decent conversation.

I'm sure I'm the minority in thinking this, but it's worth a shot anyway :)

Oh, and what brings me here is the Raptor 20A board.  I've been out of building and repairing electronics devices for quite some time.  Modding has always kinda been in my blood, so I'm going to start building a parts list and a box design (wood) to build in.  I may have a few questions, but most of it looks straight-forward just by the layout of the board. :)

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »
Hey everyone, not really new to the site but newly registered.  I have a habit of lurking places for a bit :)

This seemed like ALMOST the most appropriate place to post, so hello!

PS - It may be beneficial to have a new members section so that folks like myself can create a new thread without a 3 post minimum?  It's rather difficult to find a spot to say "hey" in, without derailing an otherwise decent conversation.

I'm sure I'm the minority in thinking this, but it's worth a shot anyway :)

Oh, and what brings me here is the Raptor 20A board.  I've been out of building and repairing electronics devices for quite some time.  Modding has always kinda been in my blood, so I'm going to start building a parts list and a box design (wood) to build in.  I may have a few questions, but most of it looks straight-forward just by the layout of the board. :)

Welcome to the forum cliff.

I learned not to allow NEW topics the hard way. I have eliminated the spammers, scammers and vendors with the 2 posts prior to a new topic. All of which were either from China, Russia, India or Pakistan. Seems that they rarely bother spamming in an existing topic but rather use New topics for some reason.

Offline cliff p

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »
No worries! :)  Like I said, not a big deal and I'm sure I'm in the minority.  Whatever makes running things easier for the administrative staff is always the best :)

I'll continue to float around and gather whatever knowledge I can with this particular board.  Should get it in the mail Friday or Saturday, then I'll have to put the rest of my parts list together  :thumbsup:

Offline SDVape

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:46:50 AM »
Hi Guys, new here, found your forums just a day ago, Im Dan, been vaping since July of this year, quit smoking completely in Sept after 40 years Quickly began rebuilding, and now want to tackle juices.

So much great info here and love the recipes i'm seeing, and the program is awesome....Thanks for that.

So there will be questions, but up to this point, i will learn from here and go on, and hopefully become a contributor

Nice to meet you all

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 07:01:05 AM »
Hey SDVape, welcome to the forum.

Offline ilithanos

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »
Hey guys, was looking for a place to say hello and introduce myself, but didn't find a completely suited location, so might as well do it here.

I'm a danish guy and have been vaping for about a year, used to be smoking handrolled analogs.

Been vaping on an evic with protanks, aspire bdcs and such in the beginning, but quickly moved forward to rebuildables instead. Been mixing my own juice for some time, and just got started building mods.

Build the first mod using a neos raptor 10A chip about a month ago, and I regret not building one from the start. Now I'm looking at building an improved version of the first build, with a few more features.

Looks like I've finally arrived to the right place in my search for a location with more knowledge of mod building, so I can improve on my ideas and bring them to life :) so far I've been reading around and revising my ideas, but at some point I'll throw em out there for feedback and for all to use ;) (not building for profit, but for the fun of it)

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 12:21:44 PM »
Hi ilithanos. Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your next mod build

Offline Pantera

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Welcome ilithanos  :wave:

Offline ilithanos

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »
Thanks, hopefully it will all go as planned, waiting for a few more tools before I start, but then again, I keep revising the layout for the electronics.

Offline Podunk Steam

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 09:23:47 PM »
Hi,
I've been bouncing through this forum for a while now and decided to finally register. I've been vaping a few years now and build PVs, my own coils and just tend to be a perpetual tinkerer. Thought this would be as good a place as any to make a first post.
Loads of cool stuff here, hope I'm able to contribute some as well.

Offline dc99

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 09:38:33 PM »
Welcome my friend. Glad you came over.

Offline Podunk Steam

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
Thanks!
I've seen a few of your posts here, your DNA 30 post comes to mind.  ;)

Offline dreamvaping

Re: just saying hi new to the site
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 11:50:47 AM »
Hi all just dropping by to say hi too everyone,And introduce myself as I'm new here. I would also like to say what a great forum. ;cheers;
Just hope it is in the right place.

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:47 PM »
Hi dreamvaping, welcome to the forum mate  :wave:

Offline norwegianvaper

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 06:17:42 AM »
Hello everybody. I am also new here, and wanted to say hello. I am from Norway, and has been a vaper sin April last year.
I have several mods, but I love my DNA 40 devices the most. I have been mixing my own juice for a while now, but nothing advance, just with one single flavor or with two. That would be strawberry from TFA and Bavarian Cream also from TFA, and they are really good, to me anyhow :) I never let anybody taste my DIY juices, just in case I have done something wrong. Although I doubt that I have. The breaktrue calculator is very good. But I cant find out how to upgrade the software so that I can measure with grams instead off milliliters or by drops. It is so much faster to go by gram.  Can anybody point me in the right direction to upgrade my software here. That would have been a huge help for me.
Kind regards from Norway to all my fellow mixers world wide
Norwegianvaper ;cheers;

Offline michamer

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 07:06:16 AM »
Hello everybody. I am also new here, and wanted to say hello. I am from Norway, and has been a vaper sin April last year.
I have several mods, but I love my DNA 40 devices the most. I have been mixing my own juice for a while now, but nothing advance, just with one single flavor or with two. That would be strawberry from TFA and Bavarian Cream also from TFA, and they are really good, to me anyhow :) I never let anybody taste my DIY juices, just in case I have done something wrong. Although I doubt that I have. The breaktrue calculator is very good. But I cant find out how to upgrade the software so that I can measure with grams instead off milliliters or by drops. It is so much faster to go by gram.  Can anybody point me in the right direction to upgrade my software here. That would have been a huge help for me.
Kind regards from Norway to all my fellow mixers world wide
Norwegianvaper ;cheers;

Hey there norwegianvaper. Nice to have you here on the forum.
I also only do simple recipes with only 1 or 2 flavors. Works for me.

You can upgrade your eJuice me up calculator by installing the new version. It will do an upgrade if you have an older version installed. The link to the download is http://breaktru.com/ejuicemeup.zip

Offline norwegianvaper

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »
Thank you so much. You made me a happy man now. ;cheers;

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 12:15:25 PM »
Welcome norwegianvaper.

At present I'm alternating between two ejuices I mixed up. One with 2 flavorings and the other with 3 flavorings.

Offline venom ballistics

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum cliff.

I learned not to allow NEW topics the hard way. I have eliminated the spammers, scammers and vendors with the 2 posts prior to a new topic. All of which were either from China, Russia, India or Pakistan. Seems that they rarely bother spamming in an existing topic but rather use New topics for some reason.

Had a strange feeling thats why I can't see a new topic button .... I would, and have done the same

Offline DiLynn

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »
I just became a member and wanted to say  :thankyou: also to let you know that I have learned a lot about vaping/DIY liquid from the site. Keep up the good work with the replies to questions.
DiLynn :)

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum DiLynn

Offline DiLynn

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »
 :help:  Many questions on getting around on the forums but I will figure it out as time goes on.  One I do need answer to is:
If I have a question in general do I look for a particular header that might have the answer? or do I just jump on and ask the question outright?
I'll get the hang of it and my forum ignorance will disappear I promise.
DiLynn   

Online FlameOut

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 05:48:16 PM »
:help:  Many questions on getting around on the forums but I will figure it out as time goes on.  One I do need answer to is:
If I have a question in general do I look for a particular header that might have the answer? or do I just jump on and ask the question outright?
I'll get the hang of it and my forum ignorance will disappear I promise.
DiLynn

Hi DiLynn and welcome.
The questions should be related to the topic heading. Like if it's a steeping question, a new topic can be created in "DIY eJuice" or if there is a related topic already listed in "DIY eJuice" than post there.
Well, that's my 2 cents worth.

Offline l0pk

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 11:16:35 PM »
Hello all. I'm new to vaping, finally quitting smoking cigarettes. Thank you to my step brother for turning me onto this site. I have read quite a bit about mod boxes and such, I decided to build my own okr-t10 . Literally just finished it tonight. I'm looking forward to going into work not reaking of offensive smoke. I'll be back with pics on another appropriate thread.

Offline Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 05:14:50 AM »
Hello all. I'm new to vaping, finally quitting smoking cigarettes. Thank you to my step brother for turning me onto this site. I have read quite a bit about mod boxes and such, I decided to build my own okr-t10 . Literally just finished it tonight. I'm looking forward to going into work not reaking of offensive smoke. I'll be back with pics on another appropriate thread.
Welcome to the forum l0pk. It would be great to see your build posted.

Offline KYBLUE

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
Ok took so,e time but I now know there is a three post minimum to start new thread. Doh:

Offline arethamorce

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 11:06:32 PM »
Hello! Newbie here

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Registering As A New Member

gfxgfx
gfx gfx