gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 04:51:20 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Parts for Mods  |  Topic: DNA Clone 20w-30w w/charge board
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DNA Clone 20w-30w w/charge board  (Read 21704 times)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
DNA Clone 20w-30w w/charge board
« on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10007864/1735401-hana-modz-pack-dna-20-style-mod-vw-modules
$25usd

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10007864/1735400-hana-modz-pack-dna-30-vw-modules
$27usd

They have been scoped to be identical performing to the oem dna with a few glitches they overheat faster chain vaping .05 than oem dna modules and  you cannot vape out of sleep mode, sleep mode has to awake the board with a click,  then you can vape.

They will be carrying 510 connectors and cut enclosures soon,  from forum board rumors.

Offline miskol

Re: DNA Clone 20w-30w w/charge board
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
my country is flooded with this clone DNA. i've been told that the resistance checker and voltage output is off a bit. i haven't bought any because the price sold here is nearly the same with original Evolv DNA  freaked_out:

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
Yeah been reading reviews about ohms and volt;   its on, its off, it's way off, its blowing out chips,  its doing many things wrong and right.

Theres more than one clone maker and there are some really bad dna clones on the market..

Everyone is trying to figure out which manufacturer make the proper clone..
So far fasttech clone mod board dna's have no reviews hopefully they have the proper cloner..

You get the bad chip put on a shorted atomizer and it blows U9 which Craig says is a fet and not supposed to blow with an atomizer circuit lol..

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »
It's pretty common for Chinese engineers to cheat and skimp were they can.  They often use parts that just barely make ratings so they fail when loaded heavily.  They can also just leave out important safety features such as overload protection which appears to be the case with this clone.  That's assuming it's the same one discussed in the other thread here.  Chinese made products are not always like that, some are quite good, but it's the exception rather than the rule.  You have to be picky.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:17:03 PM »
Yes it is the same one as discussed in other post.

Its happened three other times on fasttech forums with the hana clone, same U9 chip goes out when shorted.
I tried to find the posts,  its buried...
Some report their protection works fine but were they pushing it @ max, probably not...

Just read a review on the dna30 module @FT so far so good off a little on ohms but works fine..

Offline dr g

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:34:16 AM »
I have to question the assertion in the OP that any clones are scoped identical to DNAs. Got a link?

As far as I have seen the clones, even the "good" ones don't function the same way as genuine DNA boards. Clones appear to display a calculated voltage based on the ohm reading, which is often inaccurate. Then they fire at a presumably calculated voltage, but end up not reaching the proper voltage regardless. So they are effectively underpowered and do not function in a closed loop like real DNAs, nor do they display measured voltage like real DNAs.

IMO at the prices there's no good reason to get a clone board over a genuine.

Offline miskol

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
there is 1 solid reason that i know of, their availability.

resellers in my country are making easy money, they sell it with price not much difference than original Evolv DNA (board only), however between waiting for usually around 3 months to receive it from Evolv, some are happy to get it soonest possible, readily assembled in Hana mod clone, which is damn cheap.

Offline fusionboy

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »
Here's my experience with them. I don't have a scope and I'm no electronic expert but have been an electrician for 25 yrs so I have some decent meters. I just received 2 SX350 chips that I'll be using instead of these. The videos are short and show the basics but both chips acted identically as the one shown in the second video where it wouldn't even fire above the 20 watt setting and sometimes not even at the 20 watt setting. Your miles may vary  :wallbash:

http://youtu.be/_2qvXmXZmJI
http://youtu.be/9-5Fuc7C0H4

Offline miskol

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »
TQ for the videos!

thats really crappy performance lol.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 07:35:33 PM »
Fusion you know with tha clamp ya need thicker gauge to read accurate more properly.
Move around the wire and it jumps all over tha place
We always have trouble with gauge higher than 12 esp. reading low amps.

Meh its not that far off.     Yeah other have scoped  ~spot on until 30watts say it never reaches 30W gives about 28 watts which aint too bad..

Offline fusionboy

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 09:29:15 AM »
Fusion you know with tha clamp ya need thicker gauge to read accurate more properly.
Move around the wire and it jumps all over tha place
We always have trouble with gauge higher than 12 esp. reading low amps.

Meh its not that far off.     Yeah other have scoped  ~spot on until 30watts say it never reaches 30W gives about 28 watts which aint too bad..
Thanks Visus, I wasn't sure how accurate it was going to be but once I saw that the ohm and voltage readings were off and it was topping out a 6 volts, I didn't want to invest any more time hooking it up inline with the circuit.  ;)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »
Thanks Visus, I wasn't sure how accurate it was going to be but once I saw that the ohm and voltage readings were off and it was topping out a 6 volts, I didn't want to invest any more time hooking it up inline with the circuit.  ;)

:thumbsup:

Super, for those of us who like it at what it says its at we thank ya,  it aint there but for noobs getting into high power; they  are not as snobish,  yeah it suxxs the dna is badarse this unit is just a good mid high power vape sorta dna stylings..  :laughing2:

Heck I had the shakes vaping at 24watts so amazingly is crazy those who vaping at higher watts.  It took some months of everyday 24-26 watts but yeah shakes with even 0mg,  the vapor is to much and not fully understood effects yet.  i dun shake anymore since shuttin er down to 12-24w blast every now and then but man do i miss the 20's vapinz...

Offline miskol

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 01:32:32 AM »

if it is not that far off, 28W instead of 30W, sure i would say not too bad.

but if you look at his 1st video at 0:57, it produced 21.6W instead of 30W. that's a deal breaker.

if its true that it could be because his measurement is not properly set up, hoping for a video update please hehe  :)

and there's two clones version right, this one is Fasttech/Hotcig version, the other one is from Cloupor which some said is the better performance clone.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 03:53:17 AM »
Maybe three different clones one has a maroonsh fire button and one has a bluish and the other grayish..  One says evolv dna, one says hana,  and the other says something all together different..

Theres a post on fasttech i cannot find it.  It shows the breakdown of the ft modules.   3  20/30's  test on same modules  on an oscii.  Each one tested to 21watts-- ~28watts but never gave the volts higher than 6v on any ohm or watt dialed in on the 30.

This was the second batch of clones shipped out and now they are saying this third revision will fix everything.  Reviews are growing rapidly and its ~70/30  good vs bad.  The part that sucks -- you have to click on all the dna modules and/or cana clones to read them all, theres no grouping so its tedious..

Yeah the cloupor are getting bad reports too..

Its looking like the clone 20 is the better module

Offline fusionboy

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »
I'll see about hooking up the amp probe in line with the circuit this weekend and see what happens.  ;)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »
I'll see about hooking up the amp probe in line with the circuit this weekend and see what happens.  ;)

I personally would make a known ohm coil   hold the v-drop and use the calc  making it less tedious and I almost always close call or oops  when hooking up multiple meters;  and those boards  brick if even a millisec if oops ...  Meh  bored and posting  woot testings  carefulls  :nerd:

Offline miskol

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »

TQ very much, looking forward to it :)  :thankyou:

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:10 PM »
I personally would make a known ohm coil   hold the v-drop and use the calc  making it less tedious and I almost always close call or oops  when hooking up multiple meters;  and those boards  brick if even a millisec if oops ...

Yes, you do have to be careful when probing around circuit boards, fried more parts than I care to admit doing that.  On my own proto boards, I often install test points so I can use my dippie clippies on them instead of probing them.  Radio Shack makes these ones the fit on my multi-meter probes, they're a lifesaver, well a parts-saver at least;

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062221

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 12:53:16 AM »
Ok the DNA clone revision 3 is in hands of chaps who say, it finally is 1:1 and all issues ironed out..

I do not know if they have changed the modding modules to V3 but the box cana mods have all been updated as of two days ago..

Heres the differences and wow its really turned out quite nice.
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1740403/t/1329258/v3-vs-v2-photos
Loving that case now its right except for hana modz on it..  Meh' for a few more bucks with case, board  and an efest 35A batt I think I am in
If it fails then a oem dna goes in there but gonna wait a few months lol they may stock the sx350  :laughing2:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Parts for Mods  |  Topic: DNA Clone 20w-30w w/charge board

gfxgfx
gfx gfx