gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 16, 2024, 05:00:52 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Adding a USB charge board to a Vamo mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Adding a USB charge board to a Vamo mod  (Read 6406 times)

Offline MGF

Adding a USB charge board to a Vamo mod
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »
Hi All,

Back again with another n00b question. I have searched this time but cannot find a definite answer.

If I want to add a USB charge board like this one, can I just wire up the +ve and -ve on the board to the +ve and -ve on the battery cradle as per the image below? Seems to obvious, which to my untrained mind means is probably wrong!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Adding a USB charge board to a Vamo mod
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »
Yes, wire it like your drawing

Offline MGF

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 08:36:39 AM »
Nice one, thanks! Altoid tin here I come ! (not very original, but gotta start somewhere!)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 09:31:20 AM »
(not very original, but gotta start somewhere!)

Not every mod has to be a masterpiece. I like building for necessity. If it delivers what you need than go for it. I rarely vape over 7 watts. I know, I'm a whimp.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:01:30 PM »
Hi All,

Back again with another n00b question. I have searched this time but cannot find a definite answer.

If I want to add a USB charge board like this one, can I just wire up the +ve and -ve on the board to the +ve and -ve on the battery cradle as per the image below? Seems to obvious, which to my untrained mind means is probably wrong!

The AW battery that way its upside down and reversed the negative on the battery goes to the black wire your picture has the black wire on battery positive..  Flip the battery and all is well.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:12:11 PM by Visus »

Offline MGF

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:39:12 AM »
@Visus, thank you. I had stolen this drawing from another thread and added my bit so hadn't even noticed the battery being the wrong way.  :facepalm:

Build coming along nicely now. Got the box Dremmelled (sp?) last night and pre wired the board (man that was a fiddly job). I have mounted the board to a cut out piece of CD case to give the screen a bit of protection and make it easier to handle and secure to the box. Have ordered some new tact switches as the ones I have were intended for another build which was going to use a 3d printed box which was much thicker than the mint tin. So I am now waiting a few days until they and the battery holders turn up. Will my natural tendency towards total impatience get the better of me and force me down to RS components to buy some at lunchtime.... probably! ;-)

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Adding a USB charge board to a Vamo mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx