gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 09:19:02 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: Challenge for ya Break
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Challenge for ya Break  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Challenge for ya Break
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:14:09 AM »
I damn near spit out my pineapple soda when i read this.

So I challenge ya

At this point in time, I'm doing 7 watts with lots of satisfying taste and big clouds. Call me a wimp but I'm satisfied with it.
I will never understand the high wattage vaping. All I get is burnt, hot and nasty tasting juice.

Your the man we love your mods etc etc.  Your mods gotta be most douched and dial-able..

Now all be it awesome, know that I am the unspoken coil master

Follow this simple guide and I guarantee you maybe will not  says what you said up there ever again.  Its all in the set-up.

Dial it up to 100 watts, dial it down to 12 watts it will produce the cleanest and most awesome vape you will vape,  there is no other coil, ohm, wick, setting that is this variable.   I have tried them all,  I do like a cool crisp vape, I am a cloud chaser by the turn of the dial  :laughing2:

I challenge ya,  this will be the end to your idea that a 24 watt vape is hot and burnt that a 50 watt vape is too hot and burnt they wont be if you do exactly this..

1OHm

28ga kanthal 9/8wraps silica strands very small piece of ss mesh oxidized  un-oxidized doesn't matter

Picture guide:
Make sure the ss mesh is a much smaller diameter and fits loosey snug as you push it and twist it thru the coil trying not to disrupt the strands lengths hanging outside the coil much.   The silica strands twist with the ss mesh forming a slight barrier and protect it from shorting and they will not ever go away.  This coil will last a very long time I change it because I do,  it gets a lil rusty like after a while,  sometimes it takes 3 months before I change it but I do it sooner now cause I do.  It put cotton, everything, to bed they cannot do what ss mesh is capable since its a heat conductor-- it makes a humongous difference..

IT should measure out @~1ohm and if you have proper strands overhang they will wick the mesh uber fast and you can dial any wattage you want and the vape will be cool all the way up to 30 watts.  After 30watts it gets warm but not unpleasant.  You will know right away if its done right.  If it vapes harsh or shorts its wrong, needs more strand or a twist in the coil.  I use about 4 stands and leave tails on each end so it slurps each end.  Its a surprise and everyone who tries it knows right away this is it.  The ONE, literally.  No other diameter coil will do this, notta;  that bottle needle is perfection.

Well I tried if ya never try it..  :thumbsup:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Challenge for ya Break
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
Thanks Visus for the posting.

I have in the past used 28 gauge kanthal and it does require higher wattage than using 32 gauge. I've even used 28 gauge folded over 4 times making it 7 gauge (0.5 ohms) at high wattages.
What I found is using thicker gauge coils require higher wattage and longer time holding the fire button to heat the coil. In my opinion I find using 32 gauge @ 1.5 ohms - 2.0 ohms produces the same clouds, good taste and longer battery run time than when I used 28 gauge at a higher wattage.

When I said burnt, hot juice I was referring to my setup of 32 ga / 2.0 ohms at higher wattage.
I really don't see an advantage using a high wattage setup and high wattage mods. Anyway that's my opinion and to each his own.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
Fair enough

yeah 32ga and run time is awesome
its hella hot to me tho lol

Even tho the math and etc etc supposedly the 28ga is hotter it isn't

sub ohmers I used to argue with told me this I didnt believe them cause of the maths
now I know

Just  a few days ago couldn't get a good weld on 30ga after many tries,  had some prebuilt dual 32ga nr/r  used it in my evod
with 32ga it ran almost 9 hours on 14500 700mah  freaked_out:
got slight vapers tongue,  that mofo was hot @1.2-3ohms at lowest setting 3.5v
I normally run 4-4.9v

so i re-wicked after good welds with 30 and back to all good @1ohm 4-6 hours sometimes less.
 booo runtime

I used to love the higher ohm builds yep they do push out some good vapes but hot lol.

I am learning tho ya cannot vape 24watts everyday all day even 0mg I get the shakes.
suxxs, I love that cloud, mouth feel, erryting bout it.. so 12 watts and bearing with it

;cheers;

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
I vape at 20W normally with a Genny type atomizer using .5x.1 Kanthal ribbon for 1.2 - 1.3 Ohms.  When I use my drippers, I tend to run those around 15 Watts.  I alternate with nic and without nic.  If I vape the nicotine all the time where I like it, it's too intense.  If I run it low enough to vape it all the time, I can't even tell it's in there.  That way I get to enjoy the nicotine level I like some of the time instead of none of the time.

Offline c1truz

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
.........for the last month I've been vaping on a dual coil dripper with twisted 28awg kanthal with a  2/3 wrap.    Kinda feel outta place   :Thinking:

Then I have my fiance on a dripper with 32 gauge 1.3ohm coil on a zmax flattop @ 15w....its like vaping nothing but air compared to mine.  Maybe I don't do something right at the lower wattage but I can not get them even similar in vapor production. 

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: Challenge for ya Break

gfxgfx
gfx gfx