gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 06:43:26 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Recipes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 332800 times)

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Re: Recipes
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »
I use 100% AVG and that is usually a thicker juice.  So, recently I have been adding 2% water to my mixes.  It does not appear to affect the taste, just the viscosity of the mix.  An additional benefit seems to be: The coil(s) does not gunk up as badly or as quickly.  This observation was made with DDAs as the test bed.  The logical conclusion is the same thing would be happening in all other devices.  I rebuild all of my coil and wick assemblies, so I'll be able to track this postulate. 

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »
I use Everclear 190 to thin a 60% PG / 40% VG mix.  I like it as a thinner much better than water, adds a nice taste and feel to the vape.

Offline blueeyes

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
I use Everclear 190 to thin a 60% PG / 40% VG mix.  I like it as a thinner much better than water, adds a nice taste and feel to the vape.

What percentage of PGA should I use?

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
It all depends.  It would help if we knew what brand of stinkies you use to smoke.  If they were full flavored you probably got a lot of throat hit.That's burning in the throat when you inhale.  If you smoked lights your throat hit is somewhat less.  This throat hit we control by the amount of PG we put in the mix.  Start out by making 3ml of your favorite juice flavor with 70% PG and 30% VG.  Be sure you use a calculator like the eJuice Me UP calculator you can download from Breakthru (it is without a doubt the best one out there).  It takes into account ALL the PG in the recipe.  Let the juice steep at least 72 hours and then try it.  If you like the throat hit - - that's your numbers.  If you would like more of a throat hit - make a batch using 80% PG and 20% VG.  Try it again (after it steeps 3 days.  If it has to much of a hit - mix a batch at 50%/50% PG/VG.  There is a P calculator in the BT download, but we won't go there just yet.  This is the most fun associated with this experience.  So, have fun and keep us informed.

Offline blueeyes

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
It all depends.  It would help if we knew what brand of stinkies you use to smoke.  If they were full flavored you probably got a lot of throat hit.That's burning in the throat when you inhale.  If you smoked lights your throat hit is somewhat less.  This throat hit we control by the amount of PG we put in the mix.  Start out by making 3ml of your favorite juice flavor with 70% PG and 30% VG.  Be sure you use a calculator like the eJuice Me UP calculator you can download from Breakthru (it is without a doubt the best one out there).  It takes into account ALL the PG in the recipe.  Let the juice steep at least 72 hours and then try it.  If you like the throat hit - - that's your numbers.  If you would like more of a throat hit - make a batch using 80% PG and 20% VG.  Try it again (after it steeps 3 days.  If it has to much of a hit - mix a batch at 50%/50% PG/VG.  There is a P calculator in the BT download, but we won't go there just yet.  This is the most fun associated with this experience.  So, have fun and keep us informed.

:thankyou: Erck for the info. I'll check it out. I do use the eJuice Me Up calc and find it the best that I have tried  :thumbsup:

Offline DesertMoonVapors

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2013, 10:32:22 PM »
PGA is "Pure Grain Alcohol" such as Everclear. You can substitute it with Volka. PGA has a higher Alcohol content (Proof).

When would you use PGA? What is the benefit? Thanks again  :thankyou:

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »
Quite frankly - - - I do not know.  PG yes.  PGA, I can't imagine.  Simply because the alcohol is what you are getting rid of when you steep your  juice.  That is in addition , of course, to letting the different components blend chemically.  You will have to get a chemist to explain that to you.  I hated chemistry from high school chemistry to blood chemistry.  I think it may have something to do with possibility that we have a suspension and we're trying to get everything into solution.  Let me do a little research and see if I can come up with an answer for you.

Stay tuned friends and neighbors we'll be right back after a word from our sponsors, Friendly Vapers.

Offline novoleen

« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
When would you use PGA? What is the benefit? Thanks again  :thankyou:

PGA or H2O would be used to thin out thick mixes if you were using a high VG ratio

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2013, 06:50:44 PM »
What percentage of PGA should I use?

It depends on how much you want to thin your juice.  I use a 60% PG, 40% VG mix and I use 6% PGA with respect to the overall mix.  It's 16% with respect to the VG itself.  You could use less or more depending on how much VG you're using and how much you want to thin your juice.  It depends on the atomizer.  For a dripper, you don't need to thin the juice at all.  In a genny, it works better if the juice is not too thick.

I've never actually steeped my juice.  I won't use a flavor that has to be "steeped" to be any good.  If it's not good right out of the bottle, forget it.  I do heat my mixes in the microwave to around 160F so they mix well when I shake up the bottle.  I suppose that would be like speed steeping, people actually call it that.  Though, don't do that in a glass bottle with the cap tight, it can explode.  That actually happened to someone and it sprayed glass like a bomb.

Offline DesertMoonVapors

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2013, 03:49:49 AM »
PGA or H2O would be used to thin out thick mixes if you were using a high VG ratio
:thankyou: great idea. Since getting a strange rash I have never had before starting to vapor I would like to try using a higher VG ratio and will try thinning with PGA.

Offline Ash

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »
New to this forum so hello!  Mental mixer from the UK checking in ... hopefully this is the correct thread  :beer-toast:

These are my latest experiments ...

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »
New to this forum so hello!  Mental mixer from the UK checking in ... hopefully this is the correct thread  :beer-toast:

Hi Ash and welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting the recipes. They sound really good. Haven't tried Red Oak as yet. Will give it a go.

Offline Ash

« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:04 AM »
thanks!

I don't find Red Oak very tobacco-like to be honest ... DV Statex is my favourite baccy

Online charming

« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2013, 06:52:19 PM »
Interesting recipes Ash.  :thankyou: and welcome

Offline DesertMoonVapors

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
I think I have a sensitivity  (rash) to PG and would like to try and replace it with PGA. However, I am not sure how to do it.  The nicotine I have is a 75 PG / 25 VG blend. I tried changing the nic blend around because I can buy a different blend to make it work if needed but still would not work just adding 10% PG because all the blends are the least a 50/50 blend with nic.  Someone said use 10% PG and the rest VG and PGA and that just does not work out with the calculator. How about if I just replace the PG with PGA. Use the calculations from the calculator as I normally would but just replace PG with PGA, would that work?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
??? Pure grain alcohol is highly flammable.  You can't vape PGA that high, the stuff will catch on fire.  Probably 10% is the highest you could go.  PGA kills vapor production if it gets too high so even 10% probably wouldn't vape very good.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »
I think I have a sensitivity  (rash) to PG and would like to try and replace it with PGA. However, I am not sure how to do it.  The nicotine I have is a 75 PG / 25 VG blend. I tried changing the nic blend around because I can buy a different blend to make it work if needed but still would not work just adding 10% PG because all the blends are the least a 50/50 blend with nic.  Someone said use 10% PG and the rest VG and PGA and that just does not work out with the calculator. How about if I just replace the PG with PGA. Use the calculations from the calculator as I normally would but just replace PG with PGA, would that work?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Your unflavored nic already has 75% PG. So my suggestion is to buy 100% VG Nic. Shop around for flavoring with no PG. Use PGA to thin and use in a low percentage. Adding a low PG % should not hurt.

VG flavoring:

One Stop DIY Shop

DIY Flavor Shack

Offline claphamvapelover

• A vape a day keeps the doctor away
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »

A short and simple mix...gives a nice smooth vape :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:21:58 PM by claphamvapelover »

Online DRA

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
Your unflavored nic already has 75% PG. So my suggestion is to buy 100% VG Nic. Shop around for flavoring with no PG. Use PGA to thin and use in a low percentage. Adding a low PG % should not hurt.

VG flavoring:

One Stop DIY Shop

DIY Flavor Shack

Thanks for the VG flavoring links breaktru. Nice to know there is a choice other than PG

Offline DesertMoonVapors

« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »

VG flavoring:

One Stop DIY Shop

DIY Flavor Shack

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am planning to purchase for me the nic with 100% VG so how much would you say to add to a 15 ml bottle with 20 percent flavor and 18 mg nic. Are we talking drops just enough to thin a bit?

Offline eve413

« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2013, 07:05:04 AM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  I am planning to purchase for me the nic with 100% VG so how much would you say to add to a 15 ml bottle with 20 percent flavor and 18 mg nic. Are we talking drops just enough to thin a bit?

That would be something you will have to determine.
Start your recipe with a small batch first. Maybe 4ml or less so not to waste much.
Try 5% PGA and work up accordingly until you find a pleasing blend.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:32:51 PM by eve413 »

Offline vapemistress

« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2013, 08:28:47 AM »
Being a fan of Peanut butter, I see 4 Peanut butter recipes in the EJMU calculator. Anyone have a preference?

I like the Peanut Butter Delight, submitted by bamsbbq

Offline wam777

« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »
Does anyone have a good whisk licker recipe?

Offline xgeek

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2013, 05:56:20 AM »
Hi, First off many thanks for a great piece of software. It's my first attempt at DIY and the calculator and advice on this forum made it so much easier for me.

Okay I have made 10ml batches of the following ejuice and the only thing I am unsure of is the recommended steep time for each one.. I made them 4 days ago and I can't wait to try them. Would you recommend I leave them a week or are some good to go as soon as they are mixed?

Made with a base 20mg 50/50 mix, so after adding flavours it ends up around 60/40 at 16mg.
All flavours used are F'art except Peaches and Cream and Cinnamon Danish Swirl which are Capella.

Many thanks.

Bahama Mama
Flamingo
Nemo
Fuzzy Navel
Lemon Zest
Beetle Juice
Hurricane
Gremlin
Dreamsicle
Peach Tobacco
Sex On The Beach
Cinnamon Apple Danish Swirl
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:04:01 AM by xgeek »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2013, 07:03:24 AM »
Hi, First off many thanks for a great piece of software. It's my first attempt at DIY and the calculator and advice on this forum made it so much easier for me.

Okay I have made 10ml batches of the following ejuice and the only thing I am unsure of is the recommended steep time for each one.. I made them 4 days ago and I can't wait to try them. Would you recommend I leave them a week or are some good to go as soon as they are mixed?

Made with a base 20mg 50/50 mix, so after adding flavours it ends up around 60/40 at 16mg.
All flavours used are F'art except Peaches and Cream and Cinnamon Danish Swirl which are Capella.

Many thanks.

Bahama Mama
Flamingo
Nemo
Fuzzy Navel
Lemon Zest
Beetle Juice
Hurricane
Gremlin
Dreamsicle
Peach Tobacco
Sex On The Beach

You are welcome xgeek.

I personally do not steep my eJuice. I vape them immediately after mixing. I have on occasion when a mix did not turn out right.
But that's my preference and not an argument for those that do steep.

Offline xgeek

« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2013, 08:27:39 AM »
Thank you Breaktru for the quick response. Think I will go and vape the Peach Tobacco first  ;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »

Many thanks.

Bahama Mama
Flamingo
Nemo
Fuzzy Navel
Lemon Zest
Beetle Juice
Hurricane
Gremlin
Dreamsicle
Peach Tobacco
Sex On The Beach

:beer-toast:  Welcome Geek!  As time goes on, you will find this is a fine group of people, who will help you as much as they can.  I have addressed this subject so many times I think I will find one of the tomes and copy it into the tutorials.  This is a pleasure today.  Most of the time I am doing this at 12 or 1 o'clock in the morning.  Starting while I feel fresh is wonderful  :rockin smiley: 

Let me start by pointing out, no one forces you to steep.  That is your choice.  However, if you want the true flavor of your mix,  most of the time you MUST steep.  That said, this is chemistry!  Pure and simple, add a little solvent, mix in some acid, and marry it to a plant extract and you get an elixir that smells and taste like strawberries or some other human delight. Leave that same juice to steep and meld and you have a strawberry jam like grandma use to make.  Why, because, this is chemistry, not rocket science.  Rocket science, you work your ass off to get everything mixed in just right, ten you stick a match to its tail and you instantly have the final results of your endeavors. We on the other hand, introduce strangers from the far corners of who knows where and as them to play a symphony they have never heard before.  (Damn, I love these metafores.  I'm going to do his in the morning from now on.)  It s not going to be as wonderful the first day as it will after they have had time to practice. 

That said, let me throw a monkeywrench in to confuse things a bit.  There are certain flavors that, when mixed as singles, require NO steeping.Let me reword that,  Most flavors, when mixed along require LITTLE or NO steeping.  It is easier to tell you the worst of the lot, thaa to identify all the ones that do well without steeping when mixed as a single.  I think the worst is peach.  Peach can take from 3 to 6 weeks (Yes, Ethel, he said weeks) to attain that wonderful, sweet smell and taste.  I think that this paragraph BASICALLY explains why we need to steep when mixing two or more concentrates into a vaping delight.  Now the process.

Hold your ears.  I'm going to yell.  DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT STEEP INTHE MICROWAVE!!!  Regardless of what the guy who has been mixing and vaping since 1795 tells you, don't do it.  Remember, I said these concentrates we use are made from chemicals?  Some of those chemicals have a very low flash point.  For instance:  The chemical that give you that nice Turkish Tobacco taste, has a flash point of 212 degrees F.  Now that is at full strength, but strange thing happen when you play with the chemistry set.  Throw in this and that and you may have supplied a catalyst that makes the chemical more volital .   If you will please notice, PG, VG, nic, and some of the concentrates are quite thick.  Unless you put some water or alcohol in, these thick fluids are not going to jump into each others laps.  The are going to layer.  OH Yea, the guy in the back hollers out.  I shake the hell out of my mixes.  Try this.  In a graduated cylinder, 10ml, if you have it, put the following:

PG = 4.75ml
                  VG = 1.75ml
                  Cherry = 1.2ml     Use a concentrate like Wizard Lab's.  It is a bright red color
                  Capt. Black = 1.8
                  MTS = 3 drops

When you have these in the cylinder.  Put your thumb over the top and shake it.  After shaking, notice the red stuff is still isolated in the middle.Now you have seen, with your own eyes, why we need to steep.  Now, put your mix into a bottle and cap it.  This is where the micro comes into play.  Boil about a cup or a cup and a half of water.  When it boils, remove it from the micro and put the closed bottle of mix into the boiling water.  About every 5 minutes, take the bottle out and shake it.  Let the juice stay in the water until it has cooled to the tepid stage. Notice, all the contents have mixed.  You just, at the very least, started the steeping process.  You can vape it now and get a better idea of how it is going to finish.  The longer it sits the better it should get.  Also, the richer you mix, the more important steeping become.

Without getting all PHD here, I think you should have a better understanding why steeping is necessary.  Remember, this dissertation primarily addressed the process from a mechanical point of view.  However, chemically, the same principals are at play.  I hope his has been of help and has not been b o r i n g .  Also, enjoy the juice you made, it is really good.  Even for those who don't like tobacco flavors to much.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:29:49 PM by Breaktru »

Offline methos

« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
GREAT post erck.  Really breaks it down. I always use the hot water method. It kicks it in faster. I will agree juice gets better with age like wine. I have made some that taste great right away then after a week I'll switch back to it and it has a whole different flavor. 

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »
Thanks METHOS.  I did post it in the General Discussion sectiion for new members.  I don't know if that is the right place.  I hope the Admin gurus will move it where it should be and if we don't have a tutorial section, they will start one.  The folks on this forum can, AND WILL, help anone who needs it and if we had a Tutorial section identified in the index, people would post all kinds of help.  Including video tutorials.

Offline xgeek

« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »
Many thanks Erck for taking the time to write such a great post. It helped me understand the process a lot more and I am going to use the hot water tip on the batch I am making today.  :thankyou:

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2013, 02:35:11 PM »
I don't steep my mixes, but I pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to heat them up before shaking the bottle to mix the ingredients.  Seems to help a lot.  If you do that, but sure to leave the cap loose to allow for expansion.  PG and VG expand a lot when heated up.

I made some juice one time by brewing tobacco leaves in PG.  I put it away and forgot about it for about a year.  It wasn't very good when I first made it, but it was really good a year later.  The down side is it's a real atty clogger.  You're just really limited in what you can vape because of that.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »
I don't steep my mixes, but I pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to heat them up before shaking the bottle to mix the ingredients.  Seems to help a lot.  If you do that, but sure to leave the cap loose to allow for expansion.  PG and VG expand a lot when heated up.

I made some juice one time by brewing tobacco leaves in PG.  I put it away and forgot about it for about a year.  It wasn't very good when I first made it, but it was really good a year later.  The down side is it's a real atty clogger.  You're just really limited in what you can vape because of that.

freaked_out:Amazing you should bring this up today.  It was just last night I was reading about making your own organic concentrates.  I wasn't looking to make any, but found the article interesting. We have a customer that wants a premix that smells and taste like marijuana. Well I'm an old guy and don't know what it smells like enough to duplicate it and have no idea what the taste is like.  So, I was researching the subject when I found a whole dissertation on making your own flavorings.  I must say, I still don't know about the MJ.  I have MJ concentrte, but have been told it ain't even close Jose.  Neat 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
Cucumber-Mint Cooler by: Breaktru

Online DRA

« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »

Sounds interesting. May give it a go

Offline xgeek

« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2013, 05:28:57 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to report back on my first DIY attempt. Tested the flavours in the following order and I used a clean iClear16 each time. All mixes made up as 60/40 @ 16mg and left to steep for 7 days.

Peach Tobacco
Love this one. Could vape this all day.

Bahama Mama
Tasted very sour and I was not keen on it. Had a very strong taste that made me screw my face up like I was sucking a lemon.

Beetle Juice
Tasted very sour and I was not keen on it. Had a very strong taste that made me screw my face up like I was sucking a lemon.

Dreamsicle
Very nice

Flamingo
Awesome another one I could vape all day.

Fuzzy Navel

Gremlin
Really liked this one.

Hurricane

Lemon Zest
Really liked this one.

Nemo
Really liked this one.

Sex On The Beach

Awesome.

So out of my first batch there were 4 that tasted really sour and not pleasant . Was not sure if that was how they were supposed to be or if something was not right. It then clicked that all of the ones that tasted funny all had Pineapple in. Its a F'art Pineapple and having a smell of the concentrate it smells nothing like Pineapple and has a very sharp smell. I made up a 3 ml test of Pineapple only and it very sour. Not sure if that is right or if I got a bad batch. Have ordered a Pineapple from TPA to see if that is better.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2013, 06:52:38 AM »
I once received a FA Pineapple that smelled like cat piss needless to say it tasted bad.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to report back on my first DIY attempt. Tested the flavours in the following order and I used a clean iClear16 each time. All mixes made up as 60/40 @ 16mg and left to steep for 7 days.

Peach Tobacco
Love this one. Could vape this all day.

Bahama Mama

Beetle Juice

Dreamsicle
Very nice

Flamingo

Fuzzy Navel

Gremlin
Really liked this one.

Hurricane

Lemon Zest
Really liked this one.

Nemo
Really liked this one.

Sex On The Beach

Awesome.

So out of my first batch there were 4 that tasted really sour and not pleasant . Was not sure if that was how they were supposed to be or if something was not right. It then clicked that all of the ones that tasted funny all had Pineapple in. Its a F'art Pineapple and having a smell of the concentrate it smells nothing like Pineapple and has a very sharp smell. I made up a 3 ml test of Pineapple only and it very sour. Not sure if that is right or if I got a bad batch. Have ordered a Pineapple from TPA to see if that is better.

Geek,   CONGRATS on the maiden mix!!!!   Unfortunately,  you got a bad bottle of pineapple.  The Italians still use diecyl...... (what the name of the stuff that destroys your lungs.  It's morning.  What can I tell you.  I'll look it up and get back to you.), so I don't trust their juices. 

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »

Ok, Breakthru.  At one time  Ihad figured out how to insert the calculator recipe, but have forgotten.  I remember if you select the first entry you get the recipe without the bells and whistles and selecting the second choice gets you the whole card image.  Please enlighten or redirect me.     Eric   :})>

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »
   Geek,   CONGRATS on the maiden mix!!!!   Unfortunately,  you got a bad bottle of pineapple.  The Italians still use diecyl...... (what the name of the stuff that destroys your lungs.  It's morning.  What can I tell you.  I'll look it up and get back to you.), so I don't trust their juices. 

Flavourart Diacetyl

Flavourart statement. Reduces but not eliminates from what I gathered in their statement:
We realize that for E smokers, our food flavors are used in a different way as they are not ingested but inhaled, and the presence of diacetyl can be a cause of concern.

For this reason we have carried out massive removal of diacetyl from our flavor collection since November 2010 and product still containing it are clearly identified.

Update: Just found this about Flavorart Vape Heaven flavors..
Clearstream
in light of calculated concentrations that a vaper might be exposed to from heavily flavored e-liquids, we have reformulated, at considerable expense, all of our Vape Heaven flavors to be completely free of any added diacetyl and/or related diketons. The general application flavors that cannot be created without them, but are perfectly safe for food, such as Butter, yogurt, etc are being clearly marked as “Unsuitable for Vaping”. These should not be used in flavoring e-liquid, nor applied as a “top note” in blending more complex vapable flavors.  We feel that this should be a matter of informed choice.

Flavorart Vape Heaven Flavors Looks like just tobacco flavors
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:03:55 AM by Breaktru »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »
   Ok, Breakthru.  At one time  Ihad figured out how to insert the calculator recipe, but have forgotten.  I remember if you select the first entry you get the recipe without the bells and whistles and selecting the second choice gets you the whole card image.  Please enlighten or redirect me.     Eric   :})>

I gather that you would like to take a screenshot of just the form to post?

Personally I use a neat little program called "Snagit". There are several screen capture softwares but you can use your "PrtScn" button on your keyboard, open up a paint program that you already have and paste the image. Then, crop the form and save.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »
Flavourart Diacetyl

Flavourart statement. Reduces but not eliminates from what I gathered in their statement:
We realize that for E smokers, our food flavors are used in a different way as they are not ingested but inhaled, and the presence of diacetyl can be a cause of concern.

For this reason we have carried out massive removal of diacetyl from our flavor collection since November 2010 and product still containing it are clearly identified.

Update: Just found this about Flavorart Vape Heaven flavors..
Clearstream
in light of calculated concentrations that a vaper might be exposed to from heavily flavored e-liquids, we have reformulated, at considerable expense, all of our Vape Heaven flavors to be completely free of any added diacetyl and/or related diketons. The general application flavors that cannot be created without them, but are perfectly safe for food, such as Butter, yogurt, etc are being clearly marked as “Unsuitable for Vaping”. These should not be used in flavoring e-liquid, nor applied as a “top note” in blending more complex vapable flavors.  We feel that this should be a matter of informed choice.

Flavorart Vape Heaven Flavors Looks like just tobacco flavors

Good job, but they are still using diacetyl and/or other diketrons.  It's just now they are telling you they are using them.  For them to say they can not make butter flavor without diketons, maybe we should send them to all  the other concentrate makers that do.  Thanks anyway Breaktru.  You guys do an awesome job.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »
I gather that you would like to take a screenshot of just the form to post?

Personally I use a neat little program called "Snagit". There are several screen capture softwares but you can use your "PrtScn" button on your keyboard, open up a paint program that you already have and paste the image. Then, crop the form and save.

Thank you.  I am going to check it out, right now. 

Offline xgeek

« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »
Hi,

Got my TPA Pineapple in the post today and it smelt like Pineapple unlike the F'art Pineapple  :). I made another 10ml of Bahama Mama and had a quick vape and it tasted awesome. I guess I did get a bad Pineapple from F'art  >:(. It does not fill me with confidence if their quality control is that bad they can let something like that out the door. Will stick with TPA and Capella going forward.

Off to remake Beetle Juice, Hurricane and Sex on the beach  ;cheers;

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
Hi,

Got my TPA Pineapple in the post today and it smelt like Pineapple unlike the F'art Pineapple  :). I made another 10ml of Bahama Mama and had a quick vape and it tasted awesome. I guess I did get a bad Pineapple from F'art  >:(. It does not fill me with confidence if their quality control is that bad they can let something like that out the door. Will stick with TPA and Capella going forward.

Off to remake Beetle Juice, Hurricane and Sex on the beach  ;cheers;

Lately I've fallen out of favor with FlavourArt. Been using them over 3 yrs now. I originally started with a few Lorann and Capella flavors and didn't care for them, could have been the type of flavors I used. Don't remember exactly what I used.
I recently ran out of FA peach and the vendor was out of stock so I bought some Lorann Peach. Man that was good. Smelled and tasted great.
May have to switch brands when reordering flavors.
The guys from the UK have been raving about CupCake World. Have you given it a go? I don't think a US vendor sells them.

Offline xgeek

« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
No I have not tried them yet.

I got my Capella from:
The Alchemists Cupboard and Leisureliquids

TPA also from Leisureliquids

and F'art from http://www.flavourart.co.uk/

Leisure liquids also sell Seedman, Mom & Pop and Tasty Puff although I have not tried them. I have 48 flavours now so that will keep me going for a bit  freaked_out:

Offline xgeek

« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »
Hi,
Been on a bit of a mixing frenzy over the last few weeks to find out what I like to vape. After the issue with the bad pineapple from f'art  and moving to PA pineapple everything with pineapple is now great  ;cheers;

Not yet started to make my own concoctions and have been using the predefined recipes and I have got to say all the ones below are awesome. Was very surprised with Red Rum. That and peach tobacco are now my all day vapes. Smores tasted flat/dull (cardboardish) so added a bit of sweetener and EM and that made a world of difference. All the others were great for my tastes from the get go.

Once I get more familiar with how flavours work with each other and ratios I will have a go at making my own. Have a couple of ideas that I want to try and hopefully they will be good enough for me to post here lol

Once again many thanks for the great software and everyone's help in the forum. Off to vape some more Beetlejuice nom nom nom  :thankyou: :thankyou:

Flamingo
Nemo
Fuzzy Navel
Lemon Zest
Beetle Juice
Hurricane
Gremlin
Dreamsicle
Peach Tobacco
Sex On The Beach
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Butterscotch Caramel Cream
French Silk Cake Batter
Peanut Butter Delight
Red Rum
Smores
Strawberry Cheesecake

Made yesterday and will try after they have steeped for 7 days.

Apple Pie
Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble
Caramel
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Pralines and Cream
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Custard & Butterscotch
Vanilla Custard & Dulce de Leche

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »
Hi,
Been on a bit of a mixing frenzy over the last few weeks to find out what I like to vape.

You sure have been a busy boy. wow that is a lot of recipes. Good luck vaping them  :thumbsup:
Looks like your caught the D.I.Y. bug

Offline xgeek

« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
Haha yeah I have. Looking forward to trying to come up with my own mixes in next few weeks. I am sure it not easy to get a perfect blend but still want to experiment to see what I can come up with.

Online yogi

« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
Dam that's a lot of mixing  :beer-toast:
Congrats on your new found hobby

Offline xgeek

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
One thing I have noticed is how different tanks taste. I had been using a mixture of Protank 2's, iClear 30s and iClear 16s to test and they taste the same to me no matter which one I put my mix in. But I bought a Kayfun lite last week and the flavours are much stronger and different. As an example Nemo in the iClears is great and the Lemon is very slight. But with Nemo in the Kayfun I can really taste the lemon over the other 2 flavours. It's still a great vape but just a different taste  ???

Oh I also always use my SVD at 9 watts to test.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Recipes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx