gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 03:17:03 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: DIY eJuice Mixing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DIY eJuice Mixing  (Read 121115 times)

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Re: DIY eJuice Mixing
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
  Trackemdown:

Steeping is not done to "boil" off ethers, it is to allow the molecules (ingredients) which make up a vaping liquid to  meld and form the smooth flavor(s) you are looking for.  Remember, most of the juice is PG and VG and that is what you are trying to flavor and what will be vaporized by the PV.  As an example,  peach concentrate takes between 4 and 6 WEEKS to reach full flavor.

If you want to test the steeping benefit:  Mix a multi-flavor (concentrate) juice.  Try a small sample right after mixing and then every day, at approximately at the same time, each day for the next 7 days.  When it smooths out and taste like the final version of the juice will depend on the flavor you choose to make.  Let us know how your experiment goes.

Eric

After I posted the above, it dawned on me that someone was going to point out there are alcohol based concentrates and leaving the bottle open allowed them to evaporate.  All that is true, except it is unnecessary.  Alcohol boils off at 140 degrees F and the coil in the atty or omizer runs somewhere around 1200 degrees F.  As I'm sure immediately realized any alcohol is long gone before the juice begins to form the vapor. 

Eric

Offline ngeb528

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:48 PM »

I said to myself: Self what do you have or can get for cheap, that is orbital.  And self, being smarter than me, came back with . . . . . . an orbitial car waxing buffer.  That is what is shown in the pictures above.  About $10 bucks and it works like a champ.  Set your bottle or cylinder down on the pad, it stops turning and just orbits in a tight circle.   Heat your juice in hot water, then shake it on your orbital shaker and WA LA you are way ahead in the steeping cycle.

I read on another forum that they are using Ultrasonic Cleaners to steep the ejuice.  I pulled out my old jewelry cleaner and use warm water in the tank up to the line of liquid in the bottle (so they don't float) and let it run for a couple hours.  A lot of UC have cleaners that limit how long they run but my cheap one (from Target, I think) doesn't so I can run it as long as I want.  I let it run for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs then let it sit for an hour.  Replace the water so it's warm again and do it again. 

It seems to work well.  You get a bit of a color change as it steeps and you see that in a lot shorter time when you use the UC.  I repeat the process 3-4 times and it cuts out most of the steeping time.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 05:59:19 PM »
I'm new here and learning a lot but I have a question about the use of vodka.  What is it being used for?  What kind of flavor (if any) is it adding to a DIY mix?  Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE vodka, lol, but never would have occurred to me to use it in e-juice.  Thanks.

It's good in the mix.  Make the vapes feel lighter and less greasy, improves throat hit a bit, and adds a nice subtle flavor.  For high VG mixes, it thins the mix making it a thinner consistency better for tanks.  I actually use Everclear 190 which adds even more of the alcohol effect since it's almost pure grain alcohol.  And no, the 190 is not going to get you buzzed, the concentrations aren't nearly high enough to cause any measurable blood alcohol level.  Typically you would not use more than 8% of the overall mix depending on how much VG is in the mix, more VG, more alcohol, less VG, less alcohol.

Some flavorings are PGA based so if you're using any of those, you may already be vaping juice with grain alcohol in it.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:11:09 PM by CraigHB »

Offline skittles2978

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »
Hello Fellow Vapor's
 I am New here and i wanted to see if someone may be able to help me with a problem i am having with Mixing, Here is my dilemma..Thanks to everyone in Advance for any help.

My Nicotine is a 50% /50% mix @ 36mg and i am trying to figure out how i can make a batch of ejuice by adding all my flavors and PG and VG but add the Nicotine as needed for different Strengths..0mg...6mg...12mg...18mg.. Is there a way i can make my flavor base a head and add the Nicotine at different Strengths, or am i just gonna have to mix the flavor base and add the PG /Vg and Nicotine on the different Nicotine Strengths..

Offline Shoogy

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
Hello Vaping Brethren,

So I am new to the forum and I am also new to mixing my own flavors.  I was looking through the vaping calculator and saw that there was abbreviations after some of the flavors on some of the recipes.  I am guessing that has to do with the company that they are buying the flavors from.

So my question comes down to....    Is there like a table of contents or a key as to what companys what abbreviations go to?

I would be so appreciative if people could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for reading this..

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
CAP – Capella
CT – Chinese Tobacco
DV – Decadent Vapours
DSV – Dark Side Vapor
EGFD – Ella’s Gourmet Flavor Drops
ESS - Essence Flavor Concentrates
FA – Flavour Art
FE – Fruit Express
FF – Flavor Fog
GP – Good Prophets
FW – Flavor West
HC – Health Cabin
HS - Hangsen
HV - Heartland Vapes
INW – Wnawera
JF – Jungle Flavorz
LA – LorAnn
LAN – LorAnn Naturals
LF – Liberty Flights
MBV – Mount Baker Vapor (uses FW)
MFS – My Freedom Smoke
NF – Nature’s Flavors
PA/TPA/TFA – The Perfumer’s Apprentice/The Flavor Apprentice
SM – Seedman
TE – Tobacco Express
TP – Tasty Puff

Offline moresby_68

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »
I am wanting to use 36 mg nic in a recipe. Do you guys know which pg/vg ratio would make it less harsh?

many thanks!!!

Online cccsteel

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 05:57:24 AM »
I am wanting to use 36 mg nic in a recipe. Do you guys know which pg/vg ratio would make it less harsh?

many thanks!!!

Less PG will lessen the throat hit. Mix a small batch and experiment to find what works for you. Start with 50/50 and go from there.

Offline shanen35

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »
36mg nic is a bit strong IMO

Online wwwest

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »

many thanks!!!

How did you make out moresby?

Offline senorseegar

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
I have an all in one solution of 25% pg and 75% vg of 100mg's of nicotine.  (ltr bottle)
My target is a 10 ml bottle of 10 mg's nicotine.
How do I follow the recipe?

Offline shirl

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »
I have an all in one solution of 25% pg and 75% vg of 100mg's of nicotine.  (ltr bottle)
My target is a 10 ml bottle of 10 mg's nicotine.
How do I follow the recipe?

Please explain "all in one solution"

Offline senorseegar

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »
I am sorry...
I have a littler bottle of 25% pg and 75% vg of 100mg of nicotine
My target is a 10ml bottle of 10mg.
How do I input these into the calculator seeing that I have flavor to add.
Does the flavor dilute my percentage of 25%pg and 75% vg or should I have a
certain percentage of pg and vg to add?      :begging:

Offline shirl

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
Have you looked at the HOW TO

The first line of the calculator is where you enter your nic info. 25% in the PG box and 75% in VG. At the end of that same first line is where you will enter 100 for the mg box.

The second line you will enter 10 in the mg box which will be the target strength of your eJuice mix.

The third line is where you will enter 10 in the ml box. Which is the amount you want to make.

Below the Flav7 line is where you will enter the target PG/VG ratio for your final mix.

Adding flavoring which most likely will be 100% PG will change how much PG you will need to add.

Once your target PG/VG ratio is set. The calculator will automatically adjust PG and VG that needs to be added to maintain the target PG/VG ratio.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »

Offline DiLynn

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
I have a question on the types of flavorings you can use to mix juices. I have purchased many flavorings from the usual vendors like Capella, Flavor West, Perf. Apprentice, etc.  Can the food flavorings from the grocery store also be used to mix juices?  Just wondering...
 :thankyou:
DiLynn

Offline wordologist448

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
Hi all,

I might just be a complete doofus, but how do I start a new post?? I have a couple of different questions that should go in different places, and I didn't want to tack them on at the bottom of this thread...the Help instructions say that there should be a "New Topic" button at the top and bottom of the forum, but I don't see them, even when I'm logged in - help!! :)

Offline octoman

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2015, 01:02:38 PM »
Hi all,

I might just be a complete doofus, but how do I start a new post?? I have a couple of different questions that should go in different places, and I didn't want to tack them on at the bottom of this thread...the Help instructions say that there should be a "New Topic" button at the top and bottom of the forum, but I don't see them, even when I'm logged in - help!! :)

I believe you need two prior postings before you will see the NEW TOPIC button

Offline wordologist448

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »

Hmmm, oooookay - well, here's number 2; I'll try it after this!

Offline wordologist448

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2015, 02:17:02 PM »

Hmmm, oooookay - well, here's number 2; I'll try it after this!

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G1FplYSLgI

Brother D:   I have a 30 sec. video of my DIY Stirrer I would like to show and don't have a clue how to put it on here.  As you have done so many times, please enlighten this old man.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »
Brother D:   I have a 30 sec. video of my DIY Stirrer I would like to show and don't have a clue how to put it on here.  As you have done so many times, please enlighten this old man.

What I do is upload it to YouTube first. Then click the "Insert Hyperlink" in you message post and put the YouTube link between the hyperlink tags.

Actually you don't have to use the Insert Hyperlink. It will also work if you just paste the link of your Youtube video.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:56:49 PM by Breaktru »

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
 ;cheers;   Thank you, sir.   :thankyou:

Eric

Offline Khuongfighter

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2016, 05:41:27 AM »
I'm newbie here. So could anyone show me what is 'steeping'? For what? And how to steep my ejuice. Tks all guys :thankyou:

Offline Lexxon

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »
Steeping is very simple.  Just put your juice in a cool and dark place and just let it sit.  I usually shake the juice once a day to insure it is mixed well.  Most juices will take around 5 days to fully steep.  However, some juice's will take more or less time due to the ingredients used.  Best rule of thumb is 5 days.  The more familiar you are with your juice type, the easier it will be to know just how long your juice takes to fully steep and give you the best flavor.

Offline Khuongfighter

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2016, 12:57:14 PM »
And one thing, i have 100ml of sweetener and ice flavor. How much can i put them into my ejuice?

Offline Lexxon

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2016, 07:25:10 PM »
Khuongfighter

You can put enough to satisfy your taste.  I wouldn't put 35% of either, but 1 to 2 % would give you an idea what it tastes like so you can decide to put more or less the next time.  Test it is small batches, like 5 mill or 10 mill.  That way if you hate it, you won't lose much.

Offline sunny2019by

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »
 :rockin smiley:Tips for Making Vape Juice
– Test each flavor independently.
– Take advantage of online resources to find as much information as you can about making e-juice.
– Take notes as you experiment with various tastes and flavors.
– When it comes to flavoring, less is more. Using larger amounts of flavor does not always translate to flavorful e-juice.
– Handle nicotine carefully. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
– Always measure the amounts and proportions of your ingredients. Guesswork will mess up everything.

This is what I learned from an article. And I think it's quite helpful for me. Hope it meets your needs for DIY. You can check here if you're interested: https://www.worldvaping.com/how-to-make-vape-juice/

Offline elzakivis

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2019, 12:34:23 PM »
Exactly sunny. Thanks for posting so others can benefit.

Offline Tameron

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
:rockin smiley:Tips for Making Vape Juice
– Test each flavor independently.
– Take advantage of online resources to find as much information as you can about making e-juice.
– Take notes as you experiment with various tastes and flavors.
– When it comes to flavoring, less is more. Using larger amounts of flavor does not always translate to flavorful e-juice.
– Handle nicotine carefully. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
– Always measure the amounts and proportions of your ingredients. Guesswork will mess up everything.

This is what I learned from an article. And I think it's quite helpful for me. Hope it meets your needs for DIY. You can check here if you're interested: https://www.worldvaping.com/how-to-make-vape-juice/

Great info and welcome to the forum sunny2019.
I've been there when I first started. I kept adding flavoring with no satisfaction. Yes less is more for sure.

Offline vapepenzone

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2019, 03:21:26 AM »
Some people around the world have been saying that the cloud of uncertainty from vape related lung diseases is not known. Whether Australia or Canada, India, and other countries, affected by the media coverage of recent events in the United States, it's causing a lot of panic for people.

Dialogue with Shia: The impact on his business, the public and his views on JUUL AUSTRALIA
taobao australia

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: DIY eJuice Mixing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx