gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 10:38:11 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Nano Raptor 10a
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nano Raptor 10a  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Neon711

Nano Raptor 10a
« on: July 19, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »
   Ok, this is the sixth nano i have built and the first to give me a problem. I am hoping some of the more exp members can help.

To start off the voltage display i have installed is only reading 4-4.2v, but the ploblem is it is hooked up to the Vout on the chip....well it is hooked to the 510 + and then they are hooked to the Vout on the board. Now here is where i am confused....the V display is saying 4v but if i screw on a V display to the atty connection it is 6.37v with the pot all the way down and 8.06v all the way up. I am using a 200 ohm Pot and a 220 ohm resistor.  What the hell is going on here???? Please help. Thanks.

Offline Alexander Mundy

Re: Nano Raptor 10a
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »
Going out on a limb here, but have you verified your 220 ohm resistor with a multimeter? Those readings sound like it might in fact be shorted or maybe 2.2 ohms?

Offline Neon711

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »
   yes i did check with MM. Resistor is a 220ohm. the Pot sweeps from .9 up to 200ohm.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
The only thing I can say is recheck your wiring. Maybe some photos so we can see if you missed something

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »
As Breaktru mentioned, recheck your circuit and if you find nothing wrong with it, check output with a decent multi-meter.  Good ones have pretty sophisticated averaging circuits to deal with voltages that may not be perfectly DC which is the case for the output of a power converter.  Higher end meters use "true RMS" which takes it a step further properly accounting for non-DC characteristics in terms of their RMS effects.

The output of a converter is essentially DC, but there's an amount of ripple in it.  It varies depending on the converter and power demand.  There can be an amount of variation depending on load.  You should check voltage while the converter is powering something, doesn't necessarily have to be an atomizer, a load a tenth or two of a Watt will do. 

Those meters you screw inline with the atomizer have no averaging circuitry and can fail to properly read voltages that are not perfectly stable.  Even some electronic components can have problems with the output from a power converter.  I came across a linear regulator that would simply not run from the output of my converter, though it was fine when powered by my DC power supply which has pretty much zero voltage ripple.

Adding output capacitors can reduce ripple quite a bit.  That may be an option if that's the problem and you want to eliminate it.  Voltage ripple has zero effect on atomizer performance so it's normally not something you have to do.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Nano Raptor 10a

gfxgfx
gfx gfx