gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 05:56:26 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: One Drop is Too Much....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: One Drop is Too Much....  (Read 13980 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
One Drop is Too Much....
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
When mixing small batches one drop may be too much. Either use a larger batch amount or measure by
(ml) milliliters with a pipette, syringe or measuring cup. Remember on
average, 20 drops is equal to 1 ml. That also depends on the consistency
of the liquid as the drops will be larger for a thicker VG liquid and smaller for a thinner PG liquid.

Note:
The MOST PRECISE method of measuring is with a SYRINGE or graduated cylinder. I use a 3ml syringe with a 14ga blunt tip.
The drop method is NOT an accurate means to measure. Avoid it if you can.

Update:
By request weight calculations in grams have been added to the eJuice Me Up calculator.
Weigh out a ml of each liquid and add the gram weight by going to the menu item "Tools", "Gram Set".
If you do this for your "Default" then when you create recipes that data will be intact.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:53:53 AM by Breaktru »

Offline tommygun

• Cloud Maker
Re: One Drop is Too Much....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »
And I use to measure by eye. No wonder why I was buzzed.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:54 AM »
Iv gotten so good at making juice I can do it while shaving and eating starch..

Its so cool at first your methods are techie then you start gathering, 'visual learning technology™ and you to can eat starch and shave. 

One drop is the most surprising factoid of making the juice; indeed,  it  can literally ruin a batch and addbacks of vg or pg will not be as tasty in that juice..  I found this out with pralines and cream loranns.   I did 18 drops and normal was 16-17~ and it gunked my coils instantly and taste burnt straight off..   I  now make under  recommends %'s and let steep a week or months and the clarity of flavor extends mentally  like good thoughts trying to escape..

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »
Iv gotten so good at making juice I can do it while shaving and eating starch..

Its so cool at first your methods are techie then you start gathering, 'visual learning technology™ and you to can eat starch and shave. 

One drop is the most surprising factoid of making the juice; indeed,  it  can literally ruin a batch and addbacks of vg or pg will not be as tasty in that juice..  I found this out with pralines and cream loranns.   I did 18 drops and normal was 16-17~ and it gunked my coils instantly and taste burnt straight off..   I  now make under  recommends %'s and let steep a week or months and the clarity of flavor extends mentally  like good thoughts trying to escape..

Luky you sir you have such patience...

Offline mediocre toker

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »
i use a syringe and long needle for my concoctions but am always worried that i may be putting to much in because of all that extra concentrate in the long needle itself. I confuse myself so much fainting:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
A 14 gauge, 1 1/2 inch needle holds 1ml of liquid. I use the same size needle for all of my ingredients so it is equally dispatched.

Offline mediocre toker

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:31 PM »
thanx for the info

Offline Romelee

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »
I myself never use pipettes anymore, just stick too syringes now, just as quick and i find more accurate  :)

Offline ghh3rd

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 04:40:12 PM »
This has been an informative thread for my future juice making.  I'm trying to figure out the best source for 100% certified natural flavorings... then I can order my other components and start experimenting. 

Randy

Offline Hoggy

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 11:39:10 PM »
For such a flavoring, I use either a 1/2in or 1in 24-gauge blunt needle with a 1ml syringe.

Someone said they used a 27guage needle for those, but I found that gauge to be too small - takes forever to suck any out at all..  24gauge is likely the smallest I'd personally use.

Also consider using a glass syringe.  The 1ml ones I get from Northern Technology & Testing have finer gradations than the 1ml plastic ones - .02ml gradations, IIRC (or maybe .002ml, I forget ATM).  And the gradations don't wear off.  Plus they don't melt and get stuck due to those plastic tank-busting flavorings like some fruits or mints.

The glass ones are more expensive (starting at ~$12 IIRC), but they should last forever provided you don't break them - and wash and thoroughly dry them (else they get stuck, requiring a hot tea kettle). ;)  Over the years, I've amassed a fair collection of them: three 1ml ones, a couple 2ml ones, 1 5ml, 1 10ml, and 1 30ml.  I ended up getting the bigger sizes to measure the PG&VG, as I've been discovering the plastic ones will become unusable after a while - the plastic/rubber plunger starts getting stuck.  Plus with the glass ones, you don't have to wrap tape around them to preserve the printed gradations - but you do have to get used to the finer & odd gradations with them. :) I ended up using tape over a tiny label to remind me of the gradations on them. ....  And make sure to keep the sets together - the glass-plunger and syringe parts are numbered just for that purpose.

Just collect one at a time if need be..  That's the way I did it..  There didn't seem to be any shipping discount if ordering more than one, anyways.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:45:10 PM by Hoggy »

Offline tommygun

• Cloud Maker
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 05:31:42 AM »
Thanks Hoggy. Good info

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: One Drop is Too Much....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx