gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 09:18:19 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Question about vv/vw
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Question about vv/vw  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
Question about vv/vw
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:55:39 AM »
I recently picked up a Itazte vv. I've been playing with volt and watt settings and I find a better vape at different setting as far as the flavor goes from one juice to another but not sure I can tell the difference between V and W.
Can someone enlighten me as to the differences I'd experience in my vape.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Question about vv/vw
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:21 PM »
A common question and always fun to answer.  The short answer is there really isn't any difference.  You just set it where you like it and you're done.

Here's the technical answer.  You have to look at what Volts and Watts are.  Volts generate a current flow based on resistance and thereby an amount of power.  Watts are the power the comes as a result of the resistance and the applied voltage.  I'll spare you the math on that. 

So, by regulating to Volts, you get a power level depending on the resistance you use.  When regulating to Watts, you're accounting for the resistance so you'll get the same power level regardless of the applied resistance. 

The main difference is that Watts accounts for the resistance and Volts requires you to manually account for the resistance.  When the rubber hits the road, it's simply a matter of scale.  You can achieve the same result with either Watts or Volts, but Volts requires you account for the applied resistance.

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »
Thanx Craig.

So let me ask this, will I get more time between charges from on to the other, I'm guessing not enough to make a difference.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
No difference unless you are using a different amount of  power when switching between Volts and Watts.  Run time is all about the amount of power you use, more power, less run time, less power, more run time.  Vapor production is also all about the amount of power you use.

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
As I figured, well at least now I can tune my power to fit my juice which I'm finding a flavorful upside compared to a non regulated device.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »
Oh yes, there's a huge difference (IMO) between a regulated and unregulated mod.  For one, you can easily tune your preferred power level with a regulated device.  It's possible to do it with an unregulated mod by adjusting atomizer resistance, but it's sure a hell of a lot easier turning a dial than rebuilding an atomizer.  Then there's the dreaded battery fade, which you don't get with a regulated device. 

There's people that still prefer a mechanical mod for good reason, but I'll never use one myself because I find the features of a regulated device just not possible to do without.

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »
This is my first regulated, I'll never go back except to keep the un regulated one I have for back up.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Question about vv/vw

gfxgfx
gfx gfx