gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 08:56:20 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Free Cotton
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Free Cotton  (Read 7214 times)

Offline midnightron

Free Cotton
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »
Hello, I just scored huge on cotton for re-building the pro tank II atomizer. I got a spool of about 1000 feet of 100% pure cotton on a spool. As you know, That would last me a lifetime plus. It only cost me about 6.00. I got it at Walmart in the knitting department. I've been using it for a month and it works great. I would like to pass it on to others who re-build their pro tank II atomizers. Just email me at acceptChrtisttoday50@gmail.com and I will send off a couple hundred feet free of charge. I can't afford to pay for shipping so we can work something out with maybe a trade or about 3.00 shipping fee. Let me know if you are interested. Don't know how long this will last so don't get pissed if it's gone when you ask for it ok? May God Bless you and yours. :thumbsup:
Brother Ron

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: Free Cotton
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
Free is free, if pay 3 bucks may a well visit walmart 6 buck and get own 1000 ft of it.

:thumbsdwn2:

cotton sucks anyway, ss mesh ftw  lol
I can taste atmosphere in the cotton wicks when I used them, go outside come in and later taste the outside air...  yuck

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 05:12:18 PM »
I once bought a so-called 100% cotton spool of yarn, boiled it as suggested by some folks and it tasted terrible.
I now only use sterile cotton balls and they IMO are great.

Offline midnightron

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
Free is free, if pay 3 bucks may a well visit walmart 6 buck and get own 1000 ft of it.

:thumbsdwn2:

cotton sucks anyway, ss mesh ftw  lol
I can taste atmosphere in the cotton wicks when I used them, go outside come in and later taste the outside air...  yuck

You are correct, free is free but I cannot afford to give this away and pay for the shipping also if you know what I mean. I don't understand the neg. remarks about cotton though. I do know this, everyone has their own taste and what may s--k to you it might be great for me. Thanks for the reply though. I appreciate it. May God bless you and yours.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:40:39 PM »
Not negative its the truth,  I can taste the atmosphere in the cotton after being outside, highly noticeable and nasty.  SS mesh I cannot..

I also used to use medical gauze that also picks up unwanted flavors.  Meh' one day ill have you guys back at ss mesh or ceramic
and atomizers will be built for ss mesh or ceramic right now most tank atomizers (kayfun style) built for cotton use and it sucks..

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »
That is mighty generous of you Ron. Thanks for posting the freebie for the members.

Offline midnightron

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »
Hi, I din't mean to be sarcastic when I said some reviews were negative. I didn't mean negative in attitude but a negative taste. I never experienced that therefore I didn't understand the negative side of using cotton. I am not an expert and I just followed a video on how to re-build a pro-tank II and it said to use cotton. I did not know you could use other filters. If you have a better way of re-building the pro-tank II without using cotton please let me know and I would love to give it a shot. Thanks and God Bless you and yours.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
Ron, in my opinion cotton has no ill effect w/ taste. But the yarn that I tried was horrible. The labeling on the yarn said 100% cotton but it must have been dipped in something and even after boiling for 20 min (twice) didn't help.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:10:25 PM by Breaktru »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »
I have a guide on building ss mesh evods, they are basically a protank thats plastic.
For it to work 100% proper  you will need to build a coil welder -- its fun building it and very easy,  very inexpensive too.. 
Meh' it will work without welded nr legs, but no guarantees it wont fire in the silicon gasket.

I still use my evods a lot;  they for  flavor are awesome, decent thick vapor,  not as good as a well sorted  kayfun,  about 90% vapor but 100% on flavor because of a hair smaller airflow. 

The flavor difference with ss mesh and cotton is huge, cotton delivers great flavor, ss mesh delivers every nuance in the flavor that cotton use misses.  It's like cooking with the best pots and pans available,  thats ss mesh!  Very difficult to set up when 1st starting to use it  and  thats why cotton is so widely used, cotton is so easy,  first time firing is usually 100% short free.  SS mesh takes practice and experience but so worth it,  the coil and wick last  a very long time (months) and do not retain flavors when changing juices..

Wish I could build it for ya and have another convert. 
Its a heckuva difficult build on an evod/protank,  I started with genesis style atomizers with ss mesh and expanded from there..
I got micro experience from making ss mesh cartomizers they are a level 10 on build difficulty but whoa the flavor is most awesome but airflow again very little..
a 5"x5" sheet of ss mesh will last a very long time I have 15 sheets 5"x5" and have only used 1/4 of one sheet..  Ya roll it to less than 1mmx7mm for a protank head,  a very small piece..
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,1166.0.html

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »
Ron, in my opinion cotton has no ill effect w/ taste. But the yard that I tried was horrible. The labeling on the yarn said 100% cotton but it must have been dipped in something and even after boiling for 20 min (twice) didn't help.

I agree with ya on flavor in the initial start of use  but like I said;  take a notice if ya go outside and come back in vaping on same newish cotton wick, you will taste it,  its highly noticeable especially when the tank is low..  Maybe its Chicago's nasty airs lol we do have lots of traffic and things being dropped on us, if you believe in the chemtrails  :laughing2:..

Maybe its because I interchanged ss mesh atty's and cotton atty's with same juice I noticed it str8 off..  But after noticing it was noticed every time..  It even happened with silica but I just clean and dry burn it and good to go no rewicking needed..

Don't get me wrong cotton is ok but after you taste the nasty its gross..  :yes"

Offline midnightron

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 04:41:44 PM »
Ron, in my opinion cotton has no ill effect w/ taste. But the yard that I tried was horrible. The labeling on the yarn said 100% cotton but it must have been dipped in something and even after boiling for 20 min (twice) didn't help.
So that must be the difference, this label states that it is 100% spun cotton. I used to use organic cotton balls but fount this and the taste is way better. Also easier to use. Thanks for the info.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Free Cotton

gfxgfx
gfx gfx