gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 02:39:03 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: 99% Pure Nicotine - Mixing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 99% Pure Nicotine - Mixing  (Read 36818 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
99% Pure Nicotine - Mixing
« on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
Email Question from a User:
I have used your eJuice calculator software, but I'm not sure of something.
I have 1 bottle of 10ml e-liquid PG without nicotine.
I have 1 bottle of 100ml of 99% Pure Nicotine liquid. I would like an equivalent between a normal cigarette and a e-liquid (perhaps 24mg) How do I mix to make 10ml of e-liquid?
Thank you very much

Answer:
Thank you for your interest in "eJuice Me Up" eJuice calculator.
You say you have 100ml of Nicotine liquid 99% Pure :o. You will need to know the strength in mg.
If you do indeed have 99% pure nicotine it is equivalent to 990mg in strength (nic level). You SHOULD contact the manufacture/vendor before mixing to make sure.
Also it is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS so be very careful when handling and mixing. I DO NOT recommend  :'( using any nicotine stronger than 36mg

The calculator does all your calculations.
Let's say it is 990mg in strength:
Enter your Nicotine level in the first box,  990
Next enter your desired strength,  24
Amount to make (ml) would be,  10
Any flavoring? 10%  is a minimum start.
Your result would be:

Nicotine drops: 5
PG or VG or mixture of both (drops):  175
Flavoring drops: 20
If you don't use flavoring add the 20 drops to the PG/VG which would make 195 drops.
Or, change the flavoring 10% to 0 and recalculate.
If you prefer mixing by volume, use the ml measurements.

Also, a normal Marlboro cigarette is said to be about 11-13mg in nicotine (level) strength.
I found that 15mg was good for me although I find it maybe a little too high.

Please be careful with that 99% Pure Nicotine. You don't want to poison yourself. Wear gloves and DO contact the vendor to make sure it is 990mg Nic level. If it's not you will be diluting it to nothing.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:25:32 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline tommygun

• Cloud Maker
Re: 99% Pure Nicotine - Mixing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
I use gloves, glasses and wash up immediately afterward.

Online d_walk

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »
I use 100mg of unflavored Nicotine e-liquid. I break it down to a safer strength (50mg) when I first get it so handling it when I mix will be safer. I would be very worried to use something like 990mg. Sounds deadly.

Offline jgherb

• Vendor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »
Good explaination for mixing pure nicotine! ;)

Offline PjJns

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »
Hope I'm posting in the right place.  Been here a while but just figured how.     I'd ordered juice twice online from reputable vape houses and been thoroughly disappointed.  So with no prior knowledge I ordered tobacco absolute, ethyl malto, and 100% vg nicotine, that experiment went well.  Then with the comments I'd read, 'THEY HAD ME SCARED A' DA NICOTINE"!!!  My only choice, learn how to do this.  I couldn't go back to smoking now, no I was a "puffa".  I'd have a $300 a month habit if I didn't cut costs by making my own, not to mention the hacking cough with a gurgle which is now gone.
Downloaded the calculator last year but with nothing to work with it was difficult to understand.  After exploring this site deeper I found out about OSDIYS.  Ordered the master artisan kit and a bucket load of other flavors, took another look at the calculator and all it clicked.  I'm happy as a clam playing Jr. chemist, vaping away on my first RY4 mix.  We now have our first vape house in the area, I sampled but hey, now I can do it too!

Many thanks to the creators of this site and those who support it. :thumbsup:

Online DRA

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 07:35:48 AM »
Hope I'm posting in the right place.  Been here a while but just figured how.     I'd ordered juice twice online from reputable vape houses and been thoroughly disappointed.  So with no prior knowledge I ordered tobacco absolute, ethyl malto, and 100% vg nicotine, that experiment went well.  Then with the comments I'd read, 'THEY HAD ME SCARED A' DA NICOTINE"!!!  My only choice, learn how to do this.  I couldn't go back to smoking now, no I was a "puffa".  I'd have a $300 a month habit if I didn't cut costs by making my own, not to mention the hacking cough with a gurgle which is now gone.
Downloaded the calculator last year but with nothing to work with it was difficult to understand.  After exploring this site deeper I found out about OSDIYS.  Ordered the master artisan kit and a bucket load of other flavors, took another look at the calculator and all it clicked.  I'm happy as a clam playing Jr. chemist, vaping away on my first RY4 mix.  We now have our first vape house in the area, I sampled but hey, now I can do it too!

Many thanks to the creators of this site and those who support it. :thumbsup:

Good for you and congrats. DIY is truly great. It gets so expensive buying already made eJuice and not to mention disappointed with taste.

Ain't it great being able to taste, smell and breathe again.

One comment, I would have posted this in the Topic called "DIY eJuice Mixing"

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »
Yes, the markup is insane with e-liquid off the shelf.  It typically goes for about 60 cents an ml.   With the sources I'm currently using for ingredients, I've got the cost less than 2 cents an ml.  That's a 3000% markup!!!

Using rebuildable atomizers and mixing my own juice costs me maybe 2 bits a day.   Compare that to a $12 a day smoking habit.  But the cost is not the biggest savings, your health is where you really make out.

Offline littlebit

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:26:23 AM »
I use 100mg of unflavored Nicotine e-liquid. I break it down to a safer strength (50mg) when I first get it so handling it when I mix will be safer. I would be very worried to use something like 990mg. Sounds deadly.

so when you plug that into the calculator do you put 100mg or 50m for your starting nic strength?

Online d_walk

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »

so when you plug that into the calculator do you put 100mg or 50m for your starting nic strength?

Do you want to cut the 100mg down to 50mg without flavoring or do you want to make a recipe with your 100mg? What mg strength do you want to vape at?

Offline littlebit

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »
Do you want to cut the 100mg down to 50mg without flavoring or do you want to make a recipe with your 100mg? What mg strength do you want to vape at?

I bought 120ml of 100 mg nic and mixed it with 120ml of vg. i want a vape strength to be 12
I cut it so it would be safer to use

Offline Starlyte

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 10:49:06 AM »
I don't find any problem working with 10% or 100mg/ml nicotine, and have been doing so for a year now.

But 99% nicotine is dangerous even if you don't have a correct mask, let alone goggles and gloves.
It should, IMHO, be avoided unless you have a fully equiped lab, aeration included.

For the amount of cash you save, it's not worth risking your life, and maybe the life of those around you.

Offline David-Bowser

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
When you handle 100mg of Nic. Just be careful !  You do not need to put your Scuba Diving Suit  on under your Rain Suit  and wear your Scuba air tanks.  You will find that your feet flippers will keep you from getting close enough to the sink.  DO get some disposable surgical gloves when handling the  bottle and equipment you use.  As soon as you are done measuring it out, run the equipment under running water.  After I get done I wash off the outside of the bottle, dry it off with paper towels and store the bottle in a zip-lock bag, in case it decides to leak.  Oh throw the paper towels out too don't use them for a napkin with your lunch.

Offline Starlyte

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »
Sorry, I already had posted here, so are you still alive and kicking with your 99% nicotine?
I do hope so, as things like this are what they use to ban vaping, if there's any accidents...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:19:36 PM by Starlyte »

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: 99% Pure Nicotine - Mixing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx