gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 01:56:05 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: New DNA 40 with temperature control
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New DNA 40 with temperature control  (Read 44800 times)

Offline Madyicstik

Re: New DNA 40 with temperature control
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 03:29:40 PM »
im contacting THOV now .

Offline Jakeman02

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to Littlefeather, Breaktru and everyone else in this thread. I got working after blindly removing the on-board fire button as I'd been use to doing. Was about ready to call it toast and trash it but all is well.

Offline Littlefeather

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 02:16:50 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to Littlefeather, Breaktru and everyone else in this thread. I got working after blindly removing the on-board fire button as I'd been use to doing. Was about ready to call it toast and trash it but all is well.

Good to hear! Glad to help where I can.  ;cheers;

Offline miskol

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »
helped a modder to test his DNA 40 batch (probably bought around 30-40 boards). i tested a single DNA 40 board, played around with the menu and test fire, with the utmost intention to test if his batch have the display problem. so after playing with the one i had, there's no such display problem and thus i informed the modder that his batch is most probably the "later batches of DNA 40s are silicone coated in this area, and should not exhibit this problem".

he took my advise but unfortunately when he fully assembled a single mod with one of the DNA 40 boards, it had a display problem  raged:

... as a precautionary, i gave him my kapton tape in case his DNA 40 have display problem, to tape the exposed pad under the OLED. so when he informed me his mod have display problem, he then taped the problem area but later informed me that he still experiencing the display problem. currently i'm assuming that maybe he didnt cover the exposed vias properly...

so yeah i'm kinda disappointed of what happened, not happy of the situation of why the board that i tested is working fine but apparently it was a mistake to assume the rest of the batch was supposed to be fine too...

Offline Madyicstik

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
miskol where does one obtain that proto board/dna cradle that you have on the picture????

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
He probably didn't seat the kapton tape far enough under the ribbon cable. The ribbon needs to be folded up ward as shown in the photo below.
When testing for a display problem, apply pressure downward on the ribbon against the board.

Offline miskol

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
thanks for the suggestion Dave, have just informed him about this. his first impression is of course afraid off pulling the OLED too hard lol. hopefully he will be careful and got to make it work.

however, i also have applied pressure on the ribbon cable... still haven't been able to produce the display problem...

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: New DNA 40 with temperature control

gfxgfx
gfx gfx