gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 01:21:39 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Modified Raptor PV Design Proof of Concept
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Modified Raptor PV Design Proof of Concept  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Madmanmacguyver

Modified Raptor PV Design Proof of Concept
« on: October 01, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »
Some of you know me some don't. I'm The mad modder I have been tinkering with things since 6 yrs old and have a BAD HABIT of modifying anything I own to make it uit my purposes or make it work better.

This is a proof of concept modification of Mamus Raptor mod design with a twist, I removed a sizable chunk of the circuitry (reverse polarity protection and polyfuses) because I believe in Dedicated protection circuits needing to be a standard in Vaping devices not an accessory.

This is the first unit I made and its a bit on the big side as I used a softer wood and didn't want it to fall apart.

It has a dedicated 20A continuous 38A pulse protection board with thermal management and cell balancing so the batts STAY t the same voltage and IN the mod. hence less need to worry about reversing the batts.  Both cell face the back of the mod so as to keep the vents pointed AWAY from your face and when finished the final unit will have pressure fit wooden plugs at the back so in the unlikely event it does vent the batts the gasses have somewhere to go away from the user otherwise the mod is relatively sealed against incursion of water or dust. (as well as can be expected for a wood mod

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Modified Raptor PV Design Proof of Concept
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:37 PM »
Congrats on your build. Thanks for sharing.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Modified Raptor PV Design Proof of Concept

gfxgfx
gfx gfx