gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 10:51:05 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Finally - Grand-daughter APPROVED the Butterbeer recipe
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finally - Grand-daughter APPROVED the Butterbeer recipe  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Finally - Grand-daughter APPROVED the Butterbeer recipe
« on: November 20, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »
It seems everybody and their brother is into Harry Potter, except me.  But, that is not important.  The important part is my 21 year old grand daughter.  Yes, 21.  I'm an old fart, don't you know.  Any how.  Five or six MONTHS ago, she ask me to make a butterbeer flavor for she and her main squeeze.  Having never tasted butterbeer, I had them describe the taste.  Long story, short;  It took until last week to get it right.  Here is the recipe.  Hopefully, you too will be able to make someone happy with it.

Butterbeer     

Butter Rum  (LA)   3%
Butterscotch  (MTB)  4%
Cream Soda  (MTB)  10%
Whipped Cream  (TFA)  3%
Marshmellow  TFA)  2%
Sarsaparilla  (TW)  2%
Sweetener  (TFA)**  3%

** Sweetener can be a branded sweetener concentrate, homemade, or cotton candy (other than County Fair Cotton Candy)

NOTES   

1)  It appears, most all of the suppliers and repackagers have recently decided to go to full strength on all of their concentrates.  Therefore, if the flavors in this recipe seem to be excessive, reduce them.  MAINTAIN THE SAME RATIOS when reducing the percentages.  My recipe was made and tweaked with concentrates purchased prior to the change.

2)  Root Beer can be substituted for sarsaparilla. 

Eric
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:34:54 PM by Erck89 »

Offline midnightron

Re: Finally - Grand-daughter APPROVED the Butterbeer recipe
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Hi Erick, nice to hear from you again. Is there any information written on exactly how the concentrates have been changed? If so, do you know where I can go to get this information or is it brand specific? Thanks for all the help and may you and your family have a great thanksgiving.
Your brother in Christ
Ron
PS: May God bless you and yours.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »
Ron:   I wrote a long reply in which I say how happy I was to hear from you and that you survived your ordeal while you were driving.  I also answered your question.  Then when I tried to post it, I got the message I "Exceeded the Resources. . . . . . ".  Last time this happened, Dave said they were having this problem when the site was busy.  Anyway, I lost all of that.  I will now synopsisize the whole thing and hope it goes through. I will copy it and then send it after Dave gets us back on line.

There is nothing that addresses this issue directly.  It is snippets here and there that attest to a change.  First is the fact that everybody has started carrying all the brands, second, Wizard Labs now has a statement on their site to the effect, "All" Wizard Labs concentrates are "full strength" and recommended  for starting (mixes) at 5%,  Third, Mount Baker use to recommend starting with 20%.  Now they recommend starting with 10% and adjusting down if necessary.  That is a biggie.These types of things are showing up at most all of the re-packager's sites.  And, all these statements and changes showed up about the same time.

There is a new kid on the block that I want to know more about.  That is The Vapor Mall (TVM).  It appears they are manufacturing their own U.S. made concentrates, from U.S. made molecules.  These are "Super" concentrates and they have a fairly good list of flavors (about 96 I think).  Think I give them a call.

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:24:07 PM »
Hi Erick, nice to hear from you again. Is there any information written on exactly how the concentrates have been changed? If so, do you know where I can go to get this information or is it brand specific? Thanks for all the help and may you and your family have a great thanksgiving.
Your brother in Christ
Ron
PS: May God bless you and yours.

Ron:  I was talking to the owner of The Vape Mall today and during the conversation we started talking about the strength of concentrates today verses 6 or 8 months ago.  Bottom line, all of the concentrate suppliers are providing full strength product and most all of the re-packagers as well as the manufacture direct suppliers are providing stronger concentrates.  This is causing me all kinds of problems.  About 500 recipes are based on the old strength concentrates and almost all 150 of my recipes selling in my friends shop are based on the old concentrates.  I can't afford to replace 200 concentrates in my inventory.  So, if you get new concentrates, check out the finished juice you make.

Eric

Offline midnightron

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »
Thank you Erick, unfortunately I purchased pre-made juice to test it out. Should have thought of purchasing at least one concentrate. Good news is, I ordered at 5:00pm on Thursday, their offices were closed but around an hour later I got a confirmation of order and on Friday 11:00 am I got a confirmation of shipping. All shipping is  a flat rate. It cost me 2.95 for shipping. That is really fast so I am curious as to when I will actually get the product. Will let you guys know. Off to purchase a concentrate from them right now. Probably my favorite which is watermelon. May God Bless you and yours.
Ron

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Finally - Grand-daughter APPROVED the Butterbeer recipe

gfxgfx
gfx gfx