gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 08:12:36 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Thinning VG
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thinning VG  (Read 6314 times)

Offline dc99

Thinning VG
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
I don't deal with PG very well so I use almost exclusively VG. (except the flavorings). Because of the thickness of the VG I cut mine with 20% distilled water and it works fine. My question is with the nicotine. If I order it in a VG base its almost to thick. Should I order it in a higher percentage and cut it with distilled water also? Im presuming if I do 20% then the nicotine is 20% less. Or would I be better to order it in a PG base and just get a way higher mg and not use as much?
On a side note how does the calculator deal with the 20% water in the VG

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Thinning VG
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
Even a high strength Nic will be mostly VG or PG depending on what you order. For instance, 100mg - 100% VG will be 10% nicotine and 90% VG. The only way around this is to use PURE nicotine which is usually 99.9% (990mg) pure. I personally would not touch the stuff being that it is very dangerous/poisonous  freaked_out:

If I was to mix with Nic 100mg - 100% VG in the calculator I would set my target PG/VG ratio to the highest VG % allowable and use flavoring w/ a VG base. Instead of adding the pure VG to your mix, use your cut down 20% water VG. Don't use the box for water/vodka/pga.

When using a PG base flavoring, your PG/VG ratio needs to be adjusted to allow for the PG of the flavoring.

Offline dc99

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »
The adjustment for the flavoring is easy. My VG base is cut with 20% distilled water so its easier to deal with. I didn't know if I needed to change anything on the calculator because of the water. I also use VG based nic.  Can I cut it with distilled water and does the nic also dilute by the amount of water I add? For instance if I start with 48mg and add 20% water do I wind up with 38mg? I mostly do either 3 or 6mg nic. so I never order higher than 48mg. Just easier to deal with.

Offline ilithanos

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:28:35 AM »
anything thrown into the mix other than the nic base will dilute the nic amount/ml i'm normally doing the long calculation of calculating total nic into the mix divided by the amount of liquid in ml.

But then again, i'm not using the calculator, i would use the distilled water as part of the 0mg nic VG used to achive the desired nic amount.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Thinning VG

gfxgfx
gfx gfx