gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 10:40:22 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Paging Break, Craig, others uber schweet (IF)+ possible)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Paging Break, Craig, others uber schweet (IF)+ possible)  (Read 8544 times)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Paging Break, Craig, others uber schweet (IF)+ possible)
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »
OK aguy posted on ecf about a standalone puff counter and hacking a ego.

Its doable easy and it will give ya a battery meter along with on/off and ego charging via switch.

Here's the post for reference..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/648086-does-standalone-puff-count-meter-exist.html

OK so that got me thinking...

On/off, ego charging, and digital pot for our hobby pcb's. 
My question, does this type pcb use different resistances to change output?  It would be so easy just to wire in a series or parallel resistor to dial our pcb's if so..  Hook it up to fet for on/off and have a digital pcb with battery meter etc
Also how to get 8.4v to show as 4.2v at the ego vv leads without a pcb etc inline so the battery meter would work on 2s mods is there a way to do that without heat or a huge resistor/diode lol?   

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10010021/1875501

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Paging Break, Craig, others uber schweet (IF)+ possible)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:02:01 AM »
I'm not feeling well right now so I'm kind of out of it (caught that damn bug that's going around).  Don't really understand why you would want the eGo board involved in the first place.  Would be a lot better to just add your own transistor and switch.  That's only a 2A FET they use on those boards.

As far as running 2S, if the board is designed for a single cell, you'd have trouble trying to run it at higher voltage unless it's rated for it.  You could step down input voltage but that's putting two regulators in series which is something you want to avoid.  Losses from each regulator multiply.  For example efficiency with two 90% efficient regulators in series is 81%.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 04:10:42 AM »
Hope ya feels the way again that is correct.

Its baller Craig using its output  to turn on the main mosfet a 3034 etc and having 5 click on/off, lit tact switch, ego charging, battery meter,  auto shutdown,  and puff count,  it will work fine as 1s mod excepting for using the digital pot.  Does  this ego vv digital pot send a resistance to the controller to change voltage and we can maybe hack that with either a series or parallel resistor and have a digital pot off that board per se for our ti and okr mods..  Wondering if it changes resistances like we do with  analog pots or is it all internally done on the controller and maybe possible that digital pot is  500 ohms lol huge maybe no but its possible.. :laughing:

IDK the intricacies of how that digital pot works but like I said using as main on/off battery meter and puff counter will work fine but I wanna know if plausible purchasing using the digital pot somehow because I can use the cheaper version in a 1s mod..

Its a duh for using a 1s mod with 3.4v auto shutdown and tact switching only cost a buck for a regular ego board too..

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:36:30 AM »
Here's another really cool one to use for 1s mods to turn on a mosfet..  the capacitive touch unit for touch on/ff and firing, auto shut off,  also has color coded battery meter..  woot   ;hubba;    :laughing2:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10010021/1875505

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:46 AM »
Did some thinking on this,  drop in a 470ohm on the 8.4 dropping voltage to 4.2v at the ego vin it will output  to the 3034 gate 4.2v- 3.7v opening the fet and as the batteries are around 6.3v the auto shut off will/should kick in..  The battery meter will think its being fed by a 4.2v battery,  it wont be linear but should still be close enough to protect and monitor a  2s mod.  The vin current is very low so a 1/8 watt 470 0hm resistor should do the trick...

Then you have a battery monitor meter, 5 click on/off etc etc depending on which board you choose.

woot

gotta try this lol super cheap if fails..

Offline dc99

Offline Zanderist

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
When I was attempting to figure out the traces to the button board, I used the wrong grit of sanding tool on the dremel and ended up sanding the whole layer off.

I was doing this in order to use a more box friendly button.

So does any one know how the two sides of the button board of an ego is wired?

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »
I have searched high and low for that  data sheet,  thats how I found the 8cent ego boards

Unfortunately no
yeah those traces are many microns thin under the solder mask....  freaked_out:

Im gonna do another extensive search right now,  it would be awesome to desolder and board those chips..

I desoldered one  trying to trace it fully out,  made it easier to follow the traces.  But lost in the maze..

This is the chipset I cannot get any further on the site
There has to be a data sheet somewhere lol dangit..

http://product.dzsc.com/product/infomation/997260/201311201466546.html

Getting somewhere now..

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:29:25 PM by Visus »

Offline Zanderist

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »
I think I had an older production model.

Red and Black wires were the underside of the board. Of couse black was also on the top to provide a means of ground for the LEDS

The Pink wire controlled the LEDs

and the yellow wire was for the button.

If you have an oscilloscope, you may be able to see the state of the button in my case when the button was pressed it pulled the yellow wire low.

Maybe some paint thinner or acetone might remove the silkscreen mask.
EDIT: just researched may not work.
SOLUTION: maybe with a very thin piece of paper lay it over the board (make sure its completely flat) and rub it with a pencil to see what the relief gives. I only mention this because I noticed with mine the trace was raise up a bit.

I think there's an issue though using an ego board and that is it may not fully turn on the mosfet. It might need a gate driver.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:24:55 PM by Zanderist »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »
You may have the pwm board and I guess that one would have issues,  it wont read on my vmeter the cv/cc z811 fasttech board does read 4.2v should not have that issue.  I hope lol..

Lol I did find the schematic and cant believe it was ecf already  :thumbsup:..
If you know how to get that one wired pls show it,  I would have no idea wtd...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/275045-does-ego-have-single-point-failure-built.html

Offline Zanderist

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »
You know now that you mention PWM. I noticed on the oscilloscope that it was making a continous square wave output.

I've seen that diagram before on google, but I can't make up my mind what goes on the switch board.

EDIT: I see greater potential if the ego board is integrated with the naos raptor mod
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:40:46 PM by Zanderist »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:52 AM »
Myself I am going to solder to the switch its a no sw so easy enough.  I may use the switch if i make a button-- on the fence about it...

Yeah it goes perfect with okr and raptor boards.  Adding it to the ti buck boards,  ust gonna mosfet and hope it will open the fet -- it should,  the original ego boards like you have are weird,  I do not know the electrical jargon but yeah my meter does not read them when in-line.  The fasttech clone unit it does..  Like I said if you wire that one pls post it would help if the fasttech units also are funky lol..
Gonna be a while Ft wont start ships til 3/3 and i prolly wont order 3/3/17 lol...

I did find a schematic for the digital pot on the Op board its a 10k so no go there linearly as well

Noone makes a 500ohm digipot as has been seeked by a lot of us on this board its so sad lol..
They will custom make ~100 tho so non cheap..

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Paging Break, Craig, others uber schweet (IF)+ possible)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx