gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 16, 2024, 04:27:36 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Thought I'd share a build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thought I'd share a build  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Podunk Steam

Thought I'd share a build
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »
I thought I might as well share being a member. I've helped a few people build these already and I could see a squonker being built out of these too but I haven't done it yet.
This build all starts with a power bank and ends up as a no tools needed Dual SX350 mod.
You'll need one of these first. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1381305

Some of the plastic has to be cut away so the SX350 will fit. I do this the opposite side of the button.

The bottom under the sticker is where a solder joint is found to take the power bank apart. The top is glued in place and a exacto knife can be used in the centers and just outside the button to remove the plastic top. I removed some plastic to seat the eventual metal in the top which is a tight press fit backed up with some JB weld.

I used hot glue on the edges of the circuit board to hold it in place first and than widdled the hole for charging/data USB.

A USB test

I ended up having to bolster the springs some, they were getting warm real quick at 50 watts. This one looks like crap but since I've clean up my act in this department.

I used some liquid tape for some extra protection of the boards.

And in the end it all works out to make a fairly compact dual 18650 mod I don't need tools to change batteries in.

I modified a FDVs Stainless 510 to be spring loaded, no connection issues and none of the goofy adjusting.

These kind of remind my of Storm Troopers so I'm calling them Steam Troopers.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:34:40 PM by Podunk Steam »

Offline Mandro

Re: Thought I'd share a build
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 02:02:42 AM »
Nice work :thumbsup: and great build photo's.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:33:16 AM »
Awesome

How did you make the top plate so perfectly...  Looks great...

If you look in the parts for mods section I posted about sampling wraps for our mods.

They would look awesome on that.  They have some really cool vinyls, many choices,  with exxxcelent glue backing and the samples are sufficient sized to fit that mod..
If your interested.

Offline Podunk Steam

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:32:56 AM »
Thanks! 
The top plate was shaped with a bench top disk sander after being cut from aluminum stock with a band saw, I did drill and tap the holes before the shaping.
For some reason these remind me of Storm Troopers and my artistic side has me wanting to do a Storm Trooper design like an old world tattoo. Picking it with a sharp pin and than rubbing paint or ink in has been the thought. Doubt I'll ever take the time honestly.

I do have a little bit of a gray carbon fiber vinyl I've used before. I'll have a look at the samples thanks!

;cheers;

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Thought I'd share a build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx