gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 16, 2024, 04:09:14 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: My Dad's 70th birthday
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Dad's 70th birthday  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Woody

My Dad's 70th birthday
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
Alright guys I need some input on something. My Dad will turn 70 years old in a couple of months and I want to set him up with a new mod. He had smoked for about 57 years and when I started vaping he got interested and got him a beginners setup, now he gets upset that my clouds are bigger then his. I am going to build him a box mod, but it needs to be very  user friendly, low voltage cutoff, go down to .5 ohms so I can get him the Atlantis to put on it, and have built in charging. What are some suggestions. Remember he is not tech savvy.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: My Dad's 70th birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 01:44:40 AM »
Probably a DNA 30 box would be good.  The DNA 40 is designed more for advanced users with the temperature control and special coil builds required.   The other option would be to build something with an OKR-T/10 using series cells and add a low voltage cutoff circuit and voltage display.  Though if you insist on USB charging it would have to be the DNA since it's easy to add.  It's possible to do built-in charging with series cells, but you need a dedicated balance charging port, not a big deal, but not USB.

I would recommend against using of the inexpensive mod controller boards (DNA clones) found on places like Fasttech.  Though lots people don't have any trouble with them, they are not as reliable as the higher quality stuff you can get with a DNA 30 or something you put together yourself.  Nothing worse for a new e-cig user than to have issues with their e-cig.

Offline Woody

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:57:49 AM »
My reasoning for built in charging is I don't trust him to take a battery in and out correctly because of poor eye sight and I had to show him how to refill his EVOD tanks for months. He is also bad about running his device down to the point it shuts off due to low voltage so that's why I need low voltage cutoff, still trying to get him in habit of charging everynight. What are your thoughts about the DNA clone that atozvapor.com sells.

Offline Woody

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 09:29:18 AM »
What about a store bought mod that is easily taken apart so I can build an enclosure  and put the internals from the store bought unit in?

Offline rickhagar

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:56:44 AM »
hi,buddy,you can conside aspire esp 30w box mod or smok xpro m80 plus....

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: My Dad's 70th birthday

gfxgfx
gfx gfx