gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 08:52:47 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: LCD Meter Volts/Ohms/Amps/Batt Charge Indicator Wiring for Regulated Mods...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LCD Meter Volts/Ohms/Amps/Batt Charge Indicator Wiring for Regulated Mods...  (Read 19210 times)

Offline mamu

• PV Master
Displays input voltage, output voltage, ohms, amps, and batt charge level.

Just need to get it in a Raptor 20A mod now. woot!  :laughing:

Offline mamu

• PV Master

Offline Madyicstik

MAMU where can i get one?

Offline Visus

• PV Master
You win another golden vape chalice award Mamu wow

I was wondering what haps with bat meter when measure atomizer on reg, cool,  it just drops out.

Could ya just put a transistor on it to switch from bat to 510 when you fire the mod?

Then that way you can have it drop back onto mah meter as soon as you stop firing it?
Or does it do that I am not sure..

IDK, learning about transistors but that seems applicable and no manual switching..

Found what I want mine to do in a spdt switch woot..  pos 1 meter on bat pos 2 opens n fet  fires mod turns off pos to meter and meter measures 510,  gotta test it..   Seems plausible Mamu?

--------------------
More measuring options your way on one switch but... 

What draw does the raptor have at 3A output  I am also curious.. lol

Thanks

:thewave:

http://uk.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/EP12SD1SAPE/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvxtGF7dlGNpj%2fbg6w8MI0Na%252bXm30MoeaM%3d

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:16:41 AM by Visus »

Offline david4500

• Ultra Member
Nice!

Have you pushed the 10 amp limit of the meter with the Raptor 20a?

Offline mamu

• PV Master
Visus - I've got the meter inline with an N-FET for switching and current handling and the meter is handling that aok with no glitches so far.  I'm putzing with it cause I want to use independent tact switches I think rather than a DPDT switch.  Still in the planning and testing stage with it though.

David - no haven't tested above 10A as I'm on cruise control at around 7A so had no need to push it.  I just love the Raptor 20A converter even though it's way overkill for me.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
 :thankyou:   yay

The missing link has been found.

Gotta bug ya on ecf about it now...

Raptors are da cool I just did a silly vape test on why so;  {Frequency} set my 08100 to 30w and 4050 to 30w vaping same atomizer 08100 is 300k frq  4050 is 600k frq like the okr/raptor     Raptor is soooo smoooth  lol ya its great...  Both are goodness but the 600k frequency is boss of uber smooth..  Every vaper must try  these frequencies and most consumer mods are not @ either frq,  so gotta make the mods for the peoples lol...

Offline mamu

• PV Master
David - have some power resistors coming in so will test to see how the meter handles a 20A load.  Will let you know.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Quote from: mamu;
What that's telling you, Visus, is to calibrate the meter you will need to short the calibration button (i.e., press the switch if it's hooked to a switch) and apply 10V source, 1A load.

I have a DC power supply so no biggie with 10V.  I don't have a 10 ohm power resistor that will handle 10W though, so will need to get one.

ETA: I heard back from the seller...

Calibration method:
1. to short circuit connect the calibration point .(see the enclosure)
2. At the same time adding 10V input voltage and 1A load current
3. If the final screen display PAS ,and back to normal after 1 second,so calibration success
4. power off, disconnect the calibration points, with electricity can test again.

Holy freakin cow your read mandarin lol..

Awesome Mamu

Woot woot :)

My idea when I do it, ghetto fancy bench dialer 
04050 or my hacked 08100 @10v &
Kanthal 28 AWG Gauge A1 Wire 100' Roll .32mm , 5.27 Ohms/ft
~2ft of 28ga kanthal  lol  ghetto beautiful..

Offline PoppaVic60

Mamu:

Decided to order a pair of these, and asked they send a manual.. Looks like something fun for MCU tinkering at the least ;-)

Offline mamu

• PV Master
I fried a meter figuring this one out. :(

This one was easy though.  :laughing:

Offline PoppaVic60

Looks like you'll end up writing the manual they didn't bother to write. *sigh*

Blowing at $17 part to learn things is.. Expensive.

Offline PoppaVic60

Well, of all the ebay parts still stuck in china - the Malaysian chinee-displays arrived today. I still need a day off to find the bench, print the "manual" and try to puzzle it out - and Mamu keeps this target moving ;-)

(and I'd love a way to cat-proof the area: she just LOVES to drag off parts if I call it a night)

Offline mamu

• PV Master
I was going to say your idea of a manual and the Chinese idea of a manual are hugely different, Poppa lol.

I tried to get a datasheet, but no go there.  I'd like to wire the meter so the backlight automatically comes on when the meter is powered on.  Still waiting for a reply for that.

Offline PoppaVic60

mamu: come on now! I'm a *big* fan of "manpages" (at the very least ;-)

Meanwhile, shipment #2 - or the rest of my ebay-tinkering stuff - has landed. (Mostly unmarked, so now to puzzle out which is which there, too ;-)

By the way, attached is a pdf-dump of a .doc  they gave me for a "manual":

Offline mamu

• PV Master
Mory Raptor 20A 120W with LCD meter (displays input volts, batt status indicator, output volts, ohms, amps).

3D printed C frame, sleeve, dual 18650 batt sled, and parts harnesses.  The first one shown is woodFill from ColorFabb.  The second one (not wired yet) is blue ABS frame, blue ABS dual 18650 batt sled, and black ABS sleeve.

I pre-wired the meter and Raptor before placing in the case, everything else was wired/soldered while in the case... fun NOT lol. 

510 connector from Rob Ellard of StealthVape.  Mums the word on details for now, but I really like it!  Has two especially well thought out features that make it one of the best 510 connectors available to modders.  One feature especially all 510 connectors should have but as far as I know none do yet. 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Great work mamu. The meter looks good in your masterpiece of a mod  :beer-toast:

Offline wa9w00d

Sweet stuff there, Mamu!  You never fail to impress.  :applaude:

BUT: " Mums the word on details for now, but I really like it! "

Oh, you tease!  JK, I understand, you have to.  :)

I'll be keeping an eye on the StealthVape website, though.

Wayne

Offline mamu

• PV Master
Thanks breaktru and wa9!

Offline wa9w00d

Well, I just checked the StealthVape site, the connector is now listed, http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/electronic-cigarette-mod-parts/2nd-generation-spring-loaded-510-connector

But it is out of stock at the moment.  It is sweet though.  PEEK insulator, very shallow intrusion into the inclosure, direct solder to the (non-moving) center contact.

I'll be getting some when they come back in stock!

Wayne

ETA: On review, thought I miss-spelled enclosure.....found out that it can be spelled either way.  Learn something every day, eh?  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:58:28 AM by wa9w00d »

Offline kenworth t660

Just a quick question I'm trying to build the 120 watt raptor using  a potentiometer. I've already built one that works awesome but now I've run into a problem on 2 others I'm building. One is using 2 18650 batteries. The other is 2 26650 batteries. The only way they will fire is if the potentiometer is up all the way. I used the schematic I've seen on the net by mamu on all 3 mods. I've checked my wiring multiple times and they match the diagram. Has anyone ran into this situation before?

Offline mamu

• PV Master
Sounds like the POT is either not connected or has failed or is not a 200 ohm POT.   What max resistance do you get when you meter the POT?

Offline wacd

What does other 2 pins do in the right corner of the board ?
I see you soldered 2 blue wires to them :Thinking:

Offline mamu

• PV Master
The 2 blue wires are soldered to the calibration connection which I connected to a tact switch. Don't mess with it unless you need to calibrate the meter - you will need a 10V source and 1A load to do that.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
Hmmmmm....this is interesting.

[8-50V 0-100A]

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:54:09 PM by timesarerough »

Offline ambivalent

nvm, i figured it out!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:48:02 PM by ambivalent »

Offline danilo

For the battery charge level, can it monitor both the supplying battery and the battery that it is charging? Can this be calibrated quickly to accommodate different power sources like different battery types for travelers? Can the input and output voltage be calibrated and to what extent or what voltage range?

electronics assembly
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:06:18 PM by danilo »

Offline mamu

• PV Master
For the battery charge level, can it monitor both the supplying battery and the battery that it is charging? Can this be calibrated quickly to accommodate different power sources like different battery types for travelers? Can the input and output voltage be calibrated and to what extent or what voltage range?

I would say no and it's not something I have tinkered with, so you'll need to contact the manufacturer.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: LCD Meter Volts/Ohms/Amps/Batt Charge Indicator Wiring for Regulated Mods...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx