gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 04:35:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: Tired of cotton, changing it out burnt? Come inside
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tired of cotton, changing it out burnt? Come inside  (Read 6898 times)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Tired of cotton, changing it out burnt? Come inside
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:47:30 AM »
Ok get a pen and paper to take notes.. :laughing2:

I am allergic to cotton and use ss mesh on almost all my builds for two years now,  it really stinks because it limits what atomizers I can use.

I had a really high end cigar and tore it apart, the flavor was delicious cigar not one note missing.
It was using silica a silica cord that I had never seen before.  So I started searching for this silica  and had no such luck  until lightning vapes had a sale and I said wth and bought 1mm silica strand and its the same silica used in the cigar.

Needless to say its absolutely awesome silica it wicks 98% of cotton and 90% of ss mesh.   I can get ss mesh to feed at greatest rates over all wicks if I sleeve it and stuff the end of the sleeve with cotton or silica..

Well anyway,  if you want away from cotton but are bothered by silica's almost tasteless profile...

http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/high-quality-silica-wick
They have really good ebay sales,  I just got 15' of 1mm silica and 25ft of 26ga kanthal for 3 bucks it was on sale with wire as an added bonus.  Thats over 20 bucks if you buy it from their store..
1mm do not get 2mm or 3mm
They are different and do not perform like the 1mm silica.

Make a puller from a 32-34ga wire pull multiple wicks one by one folded in half by the pull wire thru your coil until its tight,  last wick I always moisten with vg  and it helps glide pullin hard..  I have nothing but smiles about this wick.  Side by side with ss mesh it is almost the same vapor taste with ss mesh pulling out the last little nuances in the juice..

I did find using a regular silica wick strand from 2mm/3mm etc along with the 1mm lightning vapes wick brings out bottoms in flavors making their use together perfection..

** found the ebay listing its on sale again..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3mm-2-5mm-2mm-1-5mm-1mm-High-Quality-Silica-Wick-and-25FT-FREE-BONUS-KANTHAL-/271250900441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f27d045d9
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:44:01 AM by Visus »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: Tired of cotton, changing it out burnt? Come inside
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:33:54 AM »
Pics of it in action

It is suggested that you torch this silica before use and when in use dry burning it brings  it back to brand new..

1mm and 2 mm silica the 2mm silica sucks but is good to pulla strand off and use that along aith the 1mm silica they are really different in flavor profiling adding.. 1mm works great alone but better with that strand..

1mm and 2 mm silica wick,  hugely different..  HUGE!

1.5 week wick  .8ohm 26ga ~1/16 coil diameter 2 folded  pieces(4) of 1 mm wick with a piece of 2mm strand
]BEFORE[

]DRY BURN[

]AFTER[

It will not produce clouds at same wattages  like cotton or ss mesh but it does do a great job..  The silica  holds back about a good 10-30% vapor steam because it heat sinks  and insulates the inner e juice.  Turn up the watts and thats a mute point..  I use it at 50 watts and its great.. 

SS mesh hands down is the best there is,  no denying that,  but on occasion it does stupid short city  when you flood it  or let it sit overnight with a tank cracker juice.  It takes off the oxidation and I am vaping lots of tank cracking juices lately,  loving cinnamon flavors and pineapple..

Offline tj138waterboy

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 06:23:56 AM »
I may have better luck with this so my juice doesn't go as fast. Does this wick seem to make juice last longer because I'm getting about 5-7 hits on my dripper with japanese cotton before I need a refill.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 06:58:38 AM »
No it wont save ya juice
but it will save ya having to change out cotton wicks frequently hazzle issue

Im loving it,  making all kinds of coils and the feed rate is awesome,  no dry hits great flavor..

it doesn't stray or powder like other silica wick I have used, it is good silica wick the best I have used..

Offline tj138waterboy

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 08:03:11 AM »
I did find it odd that they are much cheaper and free shipping on ebay.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: Tired of cotton, changing it out burnt? Come inside

gfxgfx
gfx gfx