gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 07:01:31 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Tips for a new member and my box mod build?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tips for a new member and my box mod build?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Avanthus

Tips for a new member and my box mod build?
« on: April 07, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »
hello all, quite new here but I have been reading as much as I can to get familiar with everything! So as the title says I'm trying to get everything together for my first mod, I'm going with an unregulated mod with dual parallel 18650 batteries and a mosfet, I already have an OKR chip on the way for my next mod(it never stops does it).

As far as parts go, this is what I have pined down and ordered already.

15k resistors, already had some laying around!
510 connectors from varitube.
A PV6 anti vandal button(they just look so slick in stainless!)
Shrink tube in various sizes, already had it!
16 gauge multi stranded wire in black and red, already had it!

Now on to the parts I don't have or don't know I need, I know I want some kind of mosfet, I just don't know what kind to use! Since I'm only using it for a switch, that means a P type would be the best option correct? I have read some posts that craig made about some really good mosfets that were a leadless package, I'm pretty good with solder so that doesn't scare me, but if you could chime in with some better info that would be awesome!

Fuses seem like a very important part, so if anyone knows of one that is best suited for my application that would be great!

Ok, what else am I missing guys? anything? Any safety things i need to consider?

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
Re: Tips for a new member and my box mod build?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:09:30 AM »
Hi Avanthus,

No sir it never stops  :laughing2:

You can use this mosfet
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=IRLB3034PBFvirtualkey57370000virtualkey942-IRLB3034PBF

You can use these fuses as well
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MHP-TA15-9-85virtualkey65000000virtualkey650-MHP-TA15-9-85

Now just a box like a Hammond 1590B or 1590G and sleds or do you already have those?

Offline Avanthus

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
thanks Dznutz! and the enclosure is actually going to be wood, tho that battery sled looks nice! As far as the mosfet goes, Ive heard that the 3034 isn't too efficient, is that true or is it just hype?

Offline tj138waterboy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »
Just built my first box also and I would recommend against the pv6 e switch. I got the blue low profile halo lit one that is flush mount. It's kinda aggravating to push it in and it also takes up a lot more space than you would think. If you do get it anyways I would get one that the button extends out more than the body.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Tips for a new member and my box mod build?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx