gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 06:48:14 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: mixing juices 80% VG 20% water tastes greasy?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mixing juices 80% VG 20% water tastes greasy?  (Read 6735 times)

Offline mahiney

mixing juices 80% VG 20% water tastes greasy?
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:21:56 PM »
Just making some simple mixes, new at this, single flavor, like this:
(31 drops) 1.3ml nic base (100%VG, 48mg nic)
(66 drops) 2.7ml VG
(21 drops) 0.9ml water, distilled
(15 drops) 0.8ml Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

It's only steeped like a week but tastes the same. I added 2 drops of vodka, no change, I'd rather not use it anyway. I tried this basic recipe using Coconut instead of vanilla, same greasy taste. I think greasy is the word I'd use, kinda sits or lingers at the back of your throat like when you eat a spoonful of coconut oil, ever-so-slightly mouth-coating. Not at all pleasant like store bought juices.

I'm guessing more steeping would help, but maybe I'm missing something. Tricky to be waiting on first batches if I'm not doing it right to begin with. Going to try the hot water baths & shakes, try to speed up steeping maybe.

I'm really looking for all VG recipes, yes I know flavors have PG, that's fine, but I would like to keep the PG to a minimum -- that is possible right? Any thoughts on having a section for VG juice mixes?

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: mixing juices 80% VG 20% water tastes greasy?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »
That's the big problem with high VG mixes, they can taste greasy.  My wife turns up her nose at mixes even as low as 20% VG.  I can't go over 10% VG for her.  I use 40% VG myself.  I use about 6% pure grain alchohol with respect to the overall mix. 

My suggestion would be to use as much as 20% Vodka or 8% pure grain alcohol to get rid of the greasy taste.  It does the job quite well.  Even so, you may be battling the greasy taste of a high VG mix.  Some people are more sensitive to it than others.

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:09:50 AM »
I dislike heavy greasy mixes  8)

Offline bbb

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:06:46 AM »
so what to do if you are sensitive to PG ?

I buy high VG juice, I can't say they ever tasted greasy, but they do have their drawbacks, dry mouth, etc

my favorite vendors are just better chefs than others, I guess

I wish I knew what flavorings would make them less dry, as I'm going to try my hand at mixing myself, soon

I too prefer 80-90% VG, for medical reasons

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: mixing juices 80% VG 20% water tastes greasy?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx