gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 04:46:08 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: technique for testing flavor combinations
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: technique for testing flavor combinations  (Read 6362 times)

Offline bbb

technique for testing flavor combinations
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »
I just saw this on youtube and am wondering if anyone else uses this flavor testing technique ?

this guy set out a few clean cups, he added 1:1 flavors, 1 drop each flavor to a small pipette of water in a cup ... he put the mix in his mouth, swished it around and spit it out (no, he did not swallow it) ... took a sip of tea, he is a Brit, then ate a small piece of bread

next clean cup, he tried a 2:1 ratio, went through the same palate cleansing scenario ... after about 7 tries he ended up with a 3 flavor recipe he liked ... his final mix was 4 drops, 2 drops, 1 drop ... then he increased the ratios for a 30 ml bottle, along with his nicotine and vg base

it was kind of funny to watch it, but I realized these are food flavorings and I don't think he's hurting himself ... it certainly saves nicotine and flavorings and wicks and coils and eliminates the hassle of actually vaping every little test mix

do you think this is harmful ? anyone else do this ? ... or what is your testing technique ?

Offline benridg

Re: technique for testing flavor combinations
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »
Never heard of that technique before but sounds like it could work?!! I usually stick to just mixing a small amount without nicotine then dripping a very small amount into my freshly wicked dripper then playing around until I get it right. If it all goes horribly wrong i put a few drops of menthol in and that makes it vapable I have even found some amazing liquid recipies by doing this. This only works if you have your vg/pg/nic levels already sorted though. Might try the cup method and see what happens

Offline bbb

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »
thanks for the reply benridg ... I did ask how people tested and you are the only one to explain your method

I bought a Kanger sub-tank Nano (2-3 ml) just for the purpose of testing

dripping in my Magma would work but taste is always better in a dripper vs a tank, but would be close enough

please post your results if you do try the taste test method 

Offline dc99

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
When Im trying out a new recipe I use an old tobh with a 1.5 ohm coil in it. Not low enough to mess with flavor and easy to change wick. It is a dripper but with a 1.5ohm load it works pretty good.

Offline bbb

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »
I use a 1.2 coil in the Nano and 1.5 and above in the Magma ... you are right that too hot would certainly ruin the flavor ...  I've always gotten the best flavor from my Magma so anything else is usually a bit of a disappointment

I tried some Burley yesterday and put in waay too much, 10% is way high, 3-5% would be better, at least for me ... I couldn't lighten the taste at all even with a fair amount of vanilla ... live and learn

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: technique for testing flavor combinations

gfxgfx
gfx gfx