gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 04:32:23 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: ready to try diy again - pg questions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ready to try diy again - pg questions  (Read 7371 times)

Offline bbb

ready to try diy again - pg questions
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
greetings all,

I haven't posted since early 2013, but I do lurk here and learn

I was, and am, a big proponent of Breaktru's e-juice calculator, I used to get every upgrade as quick as I could ... never mixed anything of note tho, I wasn't quite ready or serious, back then I just wanted simple and easy, like the tobacco I smoked for 40 yrs

after almost 4 yrs of vaping I'm now ready to try diy again ... I've a few questions tho

I've found I'm getting more and more sensitive to pg, anything over 40% pg just twists my gut ... maybe my age and other maladies have something to do with it too ... I used to be able to vape 50-50 mixes, but no more

I purchased some vg base from Wizard Labs, a pump and some pippettes from One Stop diy ... considering getting a pre-mixed 3mg nic from e-cig express, I'd rather have the nic pre-mixed in the base, just for simplicity ... I would rather not purchase or use pg if I can help it

I'm planning only simple 1-2 flavor mixes for now ... I like flavor, but how a juice affects my body is more important at this stage ... I doubt the miniscule pg in the flavorings would affect me much

my favorite pre-mixed juices are 90% - 93% vg ... I'm not sure if it's the lack of pg or lack of other additives that make it smooth and easy on my stomach ... throat hit is not a big factor for me ... I have favorite vendors and juices, I just wish I knew exactly what they put in their good juices ... I fell for a "buy one get one" sale and bought 240 ml of a tobacco/caramel that I used love, but 35% pg makes it now miserable for me to vape, upsets my stomach

my first question - are there any flavorings I should stay away from that might affect my stomach as the pg does ? ... I don't do fruits, so I'm not worried about acidic flavors, I vape mostly tobacco with sweets, caramel, toffee, ry4's, banana, maple, creamy dessert and bakery type flavors

I'll probably experiment with Acetyl Pyrazine, Vape Wizard, Oakwood, Dark Vapure, and pipe and cigar flavorings, possibly smoky, spicy and herbal flavors to enhance tobacco

prices are certainly reasonable enough to make a few mistakes, which I'm sure I will ... it will be difficult tho to wait 2-3 weeks to find out I've made a mistake

I'm planning on mixing 5 ml batches without the nic, as testers

2nd question - even tho mostly vg is easy on my gut, it does dry my mouth ... is there any additive that makes a high vg mix, uh, a little less dry in the mouth ?

thanks to all who have posted recipes here and elsewhere, I appreciate it when someone lists ingredients and explains how each flavor plays in the mix ... and thanks to Breaktru for this great forum and all who contribute info

I appreciate any advice

bbb

Offline dc99

Re: ready to try diy again - pg questions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 11:20:19 PM »
I have issues with PG also. That's really why I started DIY juice. Im ok up to about 20%, after that my throat feels like its been sanded. I haven't ran across any flavors that really cause concerns. I do cut my VG 10% with distilled water, just to make it easier to deal with. I really cant say but I don't seem to get dehydrated as bad.

Offline Pantera

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:26 AM »
Hydrate when you vape. This should help with dry mouth. I drink plenty of water.

Offline bbb

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »
I thought the ice in my bourbon was enough hydration  :laughing: seriously tho, after 4 yrs I know to drink water, however there are some mixes that dry more than others, Desert, Desert Ship, Latakia, for example, are dry tobaccos, or maybe it's the vendor ... I was just asking if there were similar dry flavors that I should stay away from ... I guess it's all trial and error

good thought dc99 ... never thought of diluting with water as I don't have wicking issues with high VG ... but if it helps you, I might try it to stay better hydrated too ... or add more ice to my whiskey

thanks to you both

Offline breakstuff

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »
Question: would cutting VG with water lessen the vapor that you see?

Offline benridg

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:08:53 AM »
Question: would cutting VG with water lessen the vapor that you see?

I cut my liquids with anything from 10% to 3% depending on wether I'm using them on my dripper or a tank and I have never noticed a difference in the look of the vapour

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: ready to try diy again - pg questions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx