gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 11:17:26 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Nicotine Levels?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nicotine Levels?  (Read 19713 times)

Offline AorphiA

Nicotine Levels?
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »
I know that when I smoke a regular cigarette, the nicotine level per cigarette is 1mg. Therefore, should the nicotine level in the e-juice be at 1mg instead of 36, 24 or 12mg?

Thanks!

Online rrtwister

Re: Nicotine Levels?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:26 AM »
E-Liquid vs Cigarette

One of the most common questions about an electric cig relates to which e-liquid nicotine strength is equivalent to a particular kind of cigarette that a person smokes. To better answer this question, it is better to understand how much nicotine is contained in the E-Liquid you are inhaling.

We define the density of nicotine inside E-Liquid as the followings:

- Non nicotine: 0 mg nicotine, which equivalents to No Nicotine.
    - Low density: 6 mg nicotine, which equivalents to Ultra Light Strength Cigarettes.
    - Medium density: 12 mg nicotine, which equivalents to Medium Strength Cigarettes.
    - High density: 18 mg nicotine, which equivalents to Regular Strength Cigarettes.
    - XHigh density: 24 mg nicotine, which equivalents to Strong Cigarettes.
    - XXHigh density: 36 mg nicotine, which equivalents to Very Strong Cigarettes.
    - XXXHigh density: 48 mg nicotine, which equivalents to Super Strong Cigarettes.

The nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per milliliter in the E-Liquid. That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml). Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e-liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml).

Different brands of cigarettes vary in terms of their nicotine content. Normally nicotine constitutes approximately 0.6-3.0% of dry weight of tobacco in a cigarette. Obviously a longer 100ml cigarette has more nicotine in it than a standard or king size 84ml cigarette. For the most part, though, here is, for example, the amount of nicotine that is in a typical 84ml tobacco cigarette:

If you smoke Regular cigarettes, like a Marlboro Red, for instance, there are approximately 1.2mg of nicotine in each cigarette, or 24mg of nicotine per pack (1.2mg x 20 cigarettes).

If you smoke Light cigarettes, like a Marlboro Light, for instance, there are approximately 0.7mg of nicotine in each cigarette, or 14mg of nicotine per pack (0.7mg x 20 cigarettes).

If you smoke Ultra Light cigarettes, like a Marlboro Ultra Light, for instance, there are approximately 0.5mg of nicotine in each cigarette, or 10mg of nicotine per pack (0.5mg x 20 cigarettes).

When you refill your e-cartridges with e-liquid, you may need to know how much nicotine is contained in your refilling e-liquid. There are approximately 20 drops of e-liquid per milliliter. So, using our 24mg nicotine e-liquid once again as an example, there would be 1.2mg of nicotine per drop (24mg/20 drops). So, if you put three drops of e-liquid onto a e-cartridge (or directly onto the atomizer for those of you that direct-drip), that means you will be taking in 3.6mg of nicotine from the time you start vaping until you top off again.

The amount as well as the feeling of the nicotine absorbed by the body from electronic cigarette smoking depends on many factors, including the density of the nicotine in e-liquid, the eclectronic cigarette vaporing quantity, the smoking frequency and timing, and the smoking inhaling respiration.

Actually the nicotine in the E-Liquid can not be absorbed completely by the smoker. For instance, if you inhale 1 ml of E-Liquid which contains 24 mg of nicotine, that does not mean that you absorb all the 24 mg of nicotine. You may only absorb about 50-80% of the nicotine according to your personal smoking habit.

It should be noted that, although it is highly addictive, no studies have shown nicotine to be a carcinogen. It is simply the fix that cigarette smokers crave. It is recommended that those who have a demonstrated sensitivity to nicotine, are pregnant or breastfeeding or who have unstable heart conditions, should discuss the use of any E-Liquid with a doctor before using.

Offline badgirlwon

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »
I have a question re guarding how to enter my nicotine into the e-juice calculator. My nicotine is 12mg  vg and I want my strength to be 6. How do I enter it into the calculator as 0.6 or just 6? I want my mixture to be 50/50 pg/vg.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
I have a question re guarding how to enter my nicotine into the e-juice calculator. My nicotine is 12mg  vg and I want my strength to be 6. How do I enter it into the calculator as 0.6 or just 6? I want my mixture to be 50/50 pg/vg.

You didn't mention about flavoring?
In this example below, I used 10ml as the amount to make. Adjust according to what your want to make.

Offline badgirlwon

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
I'm just didn't know the format to enter nicotine at 12 mg and I wanted my strength to be 6. Didn't know if I entered in as 0.6 or just 6. My flavoring is at 20% and the amount to make is 15ml. Thanks I see you just entered in at 6. Thanks for your help. ;cheers;

Offline RodFunks

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 06:15:22 AM »
I believe that ecigs from the ecigfiend does not have nicotine that's why it's safer than an ordinary cigarette. It might contain some but not the same amount as a cigarette.

You are absolutely right..These e-cigs have very less or no nicotine which will helps you in quitting analog smoking..
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:43:46 AM by RodFunks »

Offline MFarley

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I am just a newbe vapor so take my comment accordingly.
I smoked Marlboros Mediums forever.
Vaping 24mg works the best for me.

Offline windxrunner

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »
that is how many mg's are in a ml.  2 ml's is about one pack, though that is very hard to judge correctly.  nicotine from vaping is absorbed into the body differently from cigarettes (more through the nose, mouth and throat than the lungs, and at a slower rate).

i would suggest starting at 18 mg/ml at see how that feels.

Offline snap crackle

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:09:50 PM »
I started at 18mg/ml as I smoked Marb Reds for years...
Two weeks later I was down to 6mg....
Now I vape 0-3mg and sometimes 6mg when I have a severe craving.
I haven't touched a cig in 2 months and I half a half a pack in my vape bag looking at me every day
just to test myself.  I quit cold turkey half way through this pack and it's been in there since.

Offline rickhagar

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:57:42 AM »
i think 6mg nicotine level the best choice for me...

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Nicotine Levels?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx