gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 04:06:11 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Oral Surgery Warning !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Oral Surgery Warning !  (Read 6254 times)

Offline breaktru_software

• Administrator
Oral Surgery Warning !
« on: November 20, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »
I'm dying here for a toke. Have not vaped since 36 hours ago. Had oral surgery (4 implants & a wisdom tooth extraction) and the Dentist's handout of the "Post Operative Instructions" said:
You should NOT suck through a straw for one week.
You should NOT smoke for at least 48 hours after surgery to prevent a post-op complication called 'Dry Socket".
Now does vaping and smoking in this case, the same? Is it the sucking or the contamination.

Some info on Dry Socket:
http://www.dentalgentlecare.com/dry_socket.htm

A posting on a Dental Site:
I'm sorry but there is nothing you can do but not smoke if you don't want a dry socket. Smoking is one of the worst things you can do after getting your wisdom teeth out. The sucking/puffing motion alone can help dislodge the blood clots. Maybe try the patch or gum to curb the cravings. Trust me, these 3 days can be torture without having a smoke, but if you do and get a dry socket you will be in excruciating pain for a week. I had 2 dry sockets and trust me, that was the worst pain I felt in my life. I was on a high morphine medication and I woke up from the pain and felt like I was punched out with strep throat and an ear infection. My one socket was really bad that I had to get it repacked 2ce, meaning 2 weeks of pain.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Oral Surgery Warning !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx