gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 03:52:23 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Can't find a dial plate / scale plate for my potentiometer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't find a dial plate / scale plate for my potentiometer  (Read 4601 times)

Offline ghh3rd

Can't find a dial plate / scale plate for my potentiometer
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
I would like to find a source for "potentiometer dial plates" or "potentiometer scale plates" or whatever else they may be called  :) so I can glue it to my mod and easily return the pot to the same position.   

My 200 ohm potentiometer dial is 9mm wide so I guess a plate with a 3/8" hole should work.

Thanks for any leads.

Randy

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: Can't find a dial plate / scale plate for my potentiometer
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:07:55 AM »
Here's an idea from the man himself the don of e cig mods he is guy before the guy who made every mod ever.  Raidy's scale was made with a laser printer and thin clear plastic sticker.

A modders must read https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/all-my-mods-part1.132663/
He is the guy who created the genesis atomizer and many many other high tech mods..  Cannot imagine what mods he has now its his passion/hobby extreme to build and post it for free but many companies started stealing/selling his ideas that were shared freely..  Its a great read as you see the industry steal his mods and how he and us reacted etc etc.  It was unbelievable.. 

His last project was to build a pressure regulated device that would subohm or not depending on how hard you inhaled it would give ya more powah.  He also built a mod with a reed switch and i find that awesome...

Offline ghh3rd

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 11:10:44 AM »
Thanks for the reply .... read it some time ago and found Raidy's work interesting. 

Still wondering if anyone else has put a scale plate over their potentiometer, and if so which one they used and where they got it.

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:35:00 AM »
What about making one using decal paper or a water slide decal or you could find a large aluminum washer and print the dial using a laser printer on toner transfer paper and then acid etch it. There's plenty of info on Google and the etching way would look awesome...
Gl

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Can't find a dial plate / scale plate for my potentiometer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx