gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 06:48:13 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: New and old recipes compatibility
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New and old recipes compatibility  (Read 8667 times)

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
New and old recipes compatibility
« on: July 12, 2015, 11:46:37 PM »
DAVE:    I have been away from the forum for quite a while and the other day I had an email that a thread I was watching had a new message.  Since I wasn't watching anything I went to have a look.  Turns out it was noting I recognized, but I decided to take a quick look thru to see if there was anything I was doing lately.  Lo and behold, there were questions about a new juice me calculator.  Now, I would like to download the new calculator,but wondered if my existing recipes will be accessible and useable with the new calculator and are there special instructions that have to be followed to be able to use the new and the old seamlessly.  I have had so many projects going, I hardly have time to breath.  Come to think of it, that is one of the things that has had my down for almost a year, breathing, have trouble doing that.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: New and old recipes compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 06:20:05 AM »
Hi Eric,
Sorry to hear about your breathing difficulties.

Your old recipes will work fine with the updated EJMU calculator. You can install it over your existing version.

Offline Dasen22

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:22:41 AM »
Mixing using grams is new in the last couple of versions. If you intend to mix by weight, just set up your gram weights by going to the menu and find Tools, gram set.
I used a syringe and drew out 1ml of nic then pg, vg, flavoring and water. I put each separately in a small cup and weight it out. Before putting the liquids in the cup I zeroed out the scale with the empty cup. I did this for each liquid.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:18:08 AM »
Hi Eric,

Your old recipes will work fine with the updated EJMU calculator. You can install it over your existing version.

Thanks Dave.  It feels go to be back on the forum. 

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 08:26:47 AM »
Mixing using grams is new in the last couple of versions. If you intend to mix by weight, just set up your gram weights by going to the menu and find Tools, gram set.
I used a syringe and drew out 1ml of nic then pg, vg, flavoring and water. I put each separately in a small cup and weight it out. Before putting the liquids in the cup I zeroed out the scale with the empty cup. I did this for each liquid.

Dasen:

Thanks.  Working by weight is the most exact way, but it would take me a lot of getting use to.  I have a great little scale and it is fun to use when I mix Sweetener, AP, and menthol.  Knowing me, I would forget to set the tare and everything would come out rarer and I would be scratching my head and wondering why.

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:53 PM »
Hi Eric,

Dave:

Everything worked fine when I loaded the new program on my wife's computer.  However, On my computer, that has been connected to the forum for years- - - - I get an error message that says there is no program associated with the download and if there is I should go to the Default Manager and create a link or something.  I have tried it with the calculator open and off to no avail.  I now have 3 copies of the download to deal with after I get one to open,

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 06:38:03 AM »
What version of windows do you have on your computer?

The previous version of EJMU should not be opened when you upgrade to the new version.

The download file is a compressed .zip file. Double clicking should have opened it and double clicking the file setup.exe contained in the zip file will install the program. Unless your zip association is broken.
Try RIGHT clicking the zip file and selecting "Open With". Then choose "Windows Explorer" to open the zip.

You only need to download it once. After installing you can delete the zip files that you downloaded. The zip files contain the installation files and is not necessary after installation.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
What version of windows do you have on your computer?

The previous version of EJMU should not be opened when you upgrade to the new version.

The download file is a compressed .zip file. Double clicking should have opened it and double clicking the file setup.exe contained in the zip file will install the program. Unless your zip association is broken.
Try RIGHT clicking the zip file and selecting "Open With". Then choose "Windows Explorer" to open the zip.

You only need to download it once. After installing you can delete the zip files that you downloaded. The zip files contain the installation files and is not necessary after installation.

Hey, thanks.  I finally got it to load.  I am so happy to have another 3 slots for concentrates.  It isn't often I use that many flavors, but when i do it is nice to have the same calculator I use for everything else. 

Thanks again     Eric

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: New and old recipes compatibility

gfxgfx
gfx gfx