gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 06:41:45 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Apple mixes just taste nasty...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Apple mixes just taste nasty...  (Read 7366 times)

Offline baddmove

Apple mixes just taste nasty...
« on: October 07, 2015, 01:17:51 AM »
I would like to tell you all that I cannot get a good recipe with TFA apple to taste good..First I tried one recipe with apple,bavarian cream and graham cracker that was supposed to be an apple pie that tasted like nail polish remover.. second, I tried a recipe with apple, cinnamon danish swirl that was an apple danish recipe that tasted like nail polish remover..I tossed both after shaking and steeping for 5 days..these are either TFA or Cap flavors from Wizard labs. The VG is new and so is the PG..I measured exactly as the recipe said using the e-juice calculator but still..I made a peaches and cream recipe for my wife and she loved it, so I made more. No problem with other flavors either, just apple so far. I tried experimenting with a double apple cream flavor by calculating it but it was just blah tasting. I really like apple vape juices and have tried quite a few I really enjoy, Vapejoose has a good Jackapp and SuperNatural has a really good double apple cream that is addicting..lol but I cannot make a apple recipe to save my life..any help here would be wonderful. I have been mixing for about 3 months now and it's 50/50 most of the time. getting tired of tossing these recipes that taste so foul.... Bob.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Apple mixes just taste nasty...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:30:36 AM »
Try cutting back on the apple percentage to 1%. Work up accordingly.
Make small batches without Nic so not to waste if it doesn't work out.
It may be that TFA's apple just isn't any good. I can't recommend an apple brand as I have not used any.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Fuji Apple by FlavourArts

I also searched for an apple that was an apple.

This is an apple sortofa crisp red with a fuji;  juicy sweet moist and amazing.  high vg use

4-6%
1-2 days steep good str8 off but better next day
use within 30 days as it starts to lose flavor on its own it is definitely a small batch use flavor.

Also Their Apple pie
use @7% use within 30 days heck 15 days it also diminishes in flavor across time..  1/2 day steep best with high vg
Its really the best apple pie on market IMO its not 100% authentic pie but so good..

Hangsens apple also does this loss of flavor across time their apple is also very good but more juice tasting than just an apple
Fuji is an apple 100%  I knew when I had old apple e joos from hangsen by the taste and strength of flavor.

These are no candy apple, apple juice,  or jolly rancher like flavors..  is  apple lol
I went thru 7 different apple flavors before I found Fuji

100% great

Offline banshee

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the Fuji Apple Visus. I've tried several apples and they were terrible. Got to get some FA Fuji

Offline Duckster

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:33:34 PM »
Just read your post about having trouble finding an apple recipe that tastes good, " Head In Clouds" posted a recipe for "County Fair Apple Pie" which amazingly uses very little apple but it doesn't come out bad, but for me I need to boost the apple flavor up as a personal preference. An unusual approach of using Walnut by Flavor Art seems to help bring out the taste of apple contributed by the small quantity of apple pie flavor also by FA used in his recipe. Google or check the Forum for HIC recipes he knows what he is doing.   Contact him maybe he will help?
  My Favorite Apple flavor which by itself is pretty spot on is Fuji apple by FA. Hope this can help. Vape on!

Offline deenagood

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 07:06:26 AM »
I don't like apple flavors at all

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Apple mixes just taste nasty...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx