gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 18, 2024, 10:25:52 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Recipes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 332245 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Recipes
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2014, 04:41:33 PM »
Thanks Eric. Sounds super.
I need to order some flavors soon so I will add some Cowboy, Camel and Turkish to my list

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »
Dave:  You  guys were mentioning earlier then differences between tasters and the differences in taste between vendors or manufactures.  I had that driven home recently when I tried to make a new batch of my Coffee With.  I could not get it right.  Then I discovered the problem was the coffee concentrate of my original had a "red label" and I was now using concentrates from 2 other provides.  It wasn't the same.  It was as if it were alcohol based instead of PG based.  When the concentrate arrived from across the BAY (I live across the bay from St. Petersburg where the devil has a home).  Made a batch using that concentrate and it was right on the money.  Since then, I have found differences between others.  My big 3 are Wizard, MTB, and High Desert and never thought I would see that much difference between them.   You run into this in you DIY mixes?

Eric

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »
Yeah Eric, I've had flavors from different brands taste totally different and not taste like the flavor it was suppose to be.
You more or less have to be your own guinea pig

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
Thanks Eric. Sounds super.
I need to order some flavors soon so I will add some Cowboy, Camel and Turkish to my list

Dave:   How do you have time to mix?   I swear, you work 24/7.   By the by, Turkish and DK555 are basically the same.  Tabanon or Tabanone molecule from Germany.  So, DK555 in PG (you got to figure out the %) and Camel is Less DK555 in the PG with a touch of EM to sweeten slightly.   If I can find my notes I'll give you the %'s for the Turkish)

Eric

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
Dave:  If you and Fsors likes a good cowboy mix tobacco, I think I Have one you may turn into your ADV.  I call it Range Blend and I mixed it about 8 months ago, because I wanted something for after I ate and could not find anything that suited me.  So, I set about doing my own.  Now, as you and Fsors said, everyone's taster is different.  But, you never know until you try.  Here you are guys.  Enjoy or make it your own.

I'm a 70/30 (PG/VG) zero nic guy, so if your preferences are different, you might have to adjust the concentrates.

For a 10ml batch:     PG = 4.2ml    VG = 2.9ml    Water = 0.2ml - 2%

Cowboy Blend  0.6ml   6%
                                         Camel   0.8ml               8%
                                         Turkish  0.6                  6%
                                         Coconut  0.7ml             7%
                                          MTS 2 drops/6ml (3 drops here)

You can vape it thr next day, but it seem to fully mature with about 72 hrs steeping.  If you try it, let us know how you like it.   Eric

Thanks Eric I will give this a go. Sounds fantastic!  :thankyou: :yes" :wave:

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
   Dave:   How do you have time to mix?   I swear, you work 24/7.   By the by, Turkish and DK555 are basically the same.  Tabanon or Tabanone molecule from Germany.  So, DK555 in PG (you got to figure out the %) and Camel is Less DK555 in the PG with a touch of EM to sweeten slightly.   If I can find my notes I'll give you the %'s for the Turkish)

Eric
very interested in that info Eric!
I would be  :thankyou: :yes"

Offline Bruce

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2014, 05:35:42 AM »
    Hi Scott and welcome to forum,   Everyone on the forum will help.  All you have to do is ask.  I'm going to try and guide you through the DIY process through explanation of the most important tool available to you.  The Breakthu Calculator.  It is a free download from their website.  If you have not downloaded it already, please make that the first thing you do after reading this paragraph.  If you have gown loaded it, the info you glean from this message will be invaluable.  I wrote the following in reply to someone having trouble understanding the calculator and the process in general.  If you are beyond the information provided, post a message to that effect and exactly where you want to pick up from. 

Good luck, here is a copy of that tutorial:

OK C:  Sorry BT, hope you don't mind if I jump in here.  The teacher in me couldn't sit still any longer.  C,  first thing to do is look on you nic bottle and it will tell you the strength.  I would think it is either 53mg or 72mg.  It may be a little sticker that says PG 52 or 72mg (it can also 36, 100,or 150mg)  What ever it is, put that number at the top where it says "Nicotine Strength e-Juice"  and unless you purchased something special, it will be in PG dilutent, so put 100% in the PG space on that line.  This is important, because the program considers this amount of PG when calculating total PG.  I'll talk about TPG later.  Next line on the calculator is "Target Nicotine Strength".  This is the amount of nicotine you want in your finished juice.  An analog cig is about 36%.  You said you were looking for 18% (eg., 1.8mg).  That is the number that goes in the box to the far right (i.e.,18).  The next line is the amount of juice you are making (what ja wnta put in the bottle).  You can make any amount you would like, however I suggest you start out with a 5ml batch.  The last item in the header is for those using separate dilutents like water, Everclear, vodka,etc.  Leave that blank.  That finishes the header portion.

The next section is easy.  in the flavor number boxes, type the names of the concentrate(s) in your recipe.   Again, unless you have ordered specal flavors concentrates, they are in 100% PG and you don't need to do anything with the next group.  If you are using all VG or a blend you would adjust it here.  Moving right along to the % of flavor.  If you have a recipe, enter those numbers here (for each flavor).  If your recipe is in ml's, the simplest thing to do is put a number from 1 to 12 in the flavor # % block, click the Calculate button at the bottom right of the form and check the amount in the "ml" column below.  Adjust the % entry until you get the correct ml amount. (Remember to hit the CALCULATE button each time you change something) 

If you don't have a recipe, smell each of the flavors you intend to use and remember which is the primary flavor and about how potent each is according to their smell.  This is not foolproof, but, it's a start.  Your primary flavor wants to ave the highest % and decrease the others by the roll they play in the final flavor.  Lets look at an example.  I'll use my DIY Cool Blackberry Cream:

Blackberry        25% or 1.25ml
     Sweet Cream   15% or 0.75ml
     koolada            10% or 0.5ml
     Menthol Ice      5% or 0.25ml
     Sweetener       5% or 0.25ml

The first thing most will note is how heavy I flavor.  60% of this recipe is flavor concentrate.  It is said, if you have to much flavor concentrate the flavor can go wrong.  That is what I was testing with this mix.  It came out very nice.  However, we will wait and see after it steeps for 3 weeks.  Back to the job at hand.  The 3rd column in this group is the DROPS column.  Please don;t get caught up in the easy way out and use this column.  First and foremost, all of the drip caps and eye droppers will give different siz drops and you will end up wonder why the last batch was so good and this one is off.  Different dropper and/or pressure. 

Now that you have your juice you will want to try it.  It is NOT ready to try.  But, Put a bowl or cup of water in the microwave and bring it to a boil.  Shake your bottle of juice vigorously and place it in the hot water'  Every 4 to 5 minutes, take the bottle out of the water and shake it well before returning it to the hot water.  Do this until the water has cooled.  NOW you can try it.  It will still change over the next few days or weeks, but at least you will get an idea of what it is going to be.

Hope that was helpful.  I do want to a point of saying, if you have purchased a product that is a pre-mix of PG, VG, and nicotine, cap it tightly and store in a cool dark place.  You need to learn how to put everything together and to manipulate them before you try to use that blended product.  You will get to the point where you can adjust that stuff to get at least clost to what you are looking for.

Another thought just came to mind, and it IS VERY IMPORTANT.  Do Not buy the cheap Chinese concentrates and you soon won't even be able to buy their nicotine.  Get your concentrates from U.S. companies (Mt Baker Vaper, High Desert Vapes, Totally Wicked, Wizard Labs, Xtream Vaping, or any of the merchants in our forums vendor section.  This important because, it could save your LIFE.

Have fun       Eric

Thanks Eric I found this very helpful in untangling this new idea of DIY. Bruce

Offline Bruce

« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2014, 02:44:01 AM »
Since I am one of the newest members here let me tell you guys what I have done. In addition to the normal PG, VG and nic components of my FIRST order I ordered the following flavors. LA Bubble Gum, LA Cherry, LA peach, LA Watermelon, TFA Strawberry and TFA Sweetner.
  It's obvious I like fruity flavors and that I am new at this  Doh:. Here are my questions:
1. Any ideas using these combinations what would make a good or decent ejuice? At first I thought I'd just make singular flavor ejuices but I see you guys are doing a lot of combinations.
2. Does the sweetner get added on the calculator like any other flavor would?
Thanks for any and all help                     Bruce

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2014, 09:40:29 AM »
Since I am one of the newest members here let me tell you guys what I have done. In addition to the normal PG, VG and nic components of my FIRST order I ordered the following flavors. LA Bubble Gum, LA Cherry, LA peach, LA Watermelon, TFA Strawberry and TFA Sweetner.
  It's obvious I like fruity flavors and that I am new at this  Doh:. Here are my questions:
1. Any ideas using these combinations what would make a good or decent ejuice? At first I thought I'd just make singular flavor ejuices but I see you guys are doing a lot of combinations.

Bruce Baby, Your first idea is the best. Learn how to make single flavors that are satisfying to you. Then start doing combos after you know what and how you like them. Make very small test batches until you get your %'s right to taste. Then add more cowbell. It's really easy but working with flavors is to taste and as you know taste is subjective. Best of luck on the new adventure and don't lose heart when your 1st attempts suck bullocks. Hang in til ya get it where you need it.  ;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »

Bruce:       You say "you guys are doing a lot of combinations",  Yes, and for the most part, we have been doing this a while.  You must crawl before you run, "Grasshopper".  We all support you and have indicated you should start with small batches.  Two main reasons:  What some one else tells you a flavor taste liken may be totally wrong for you.  Everyone's taster is different.  In this game you have to see for your self.  You know:  I'm from Missouri. Show me.  The second reason is cost.  In case you haven't had the "wonderful" experience, sometimes the freight to get to your door can be and is ridiculous.  I have had the freight cost exceed the cost of the goods.  About a month ago, I found a concentrate I had been looking for and the price was ok, even with the exchange rate.  However, it was over $15  to get my $5 purchase here.  Needless to say, I didn't get the flavor.  In fact, I got that flavor yesterday, from a US source and the freight was $2 and change.

RE: sweetener - Ans. Yes  everything you put in the bottle, goes in the calculator.  Reason:  You have given the calculator a ratio you want to maintain and it needs to know what is going into that number.  If you please - a word about sweetener.  "Sweetener" can effect the flavor of your mix while Ethyl Maltol (EM) usually does not and it does not burn and leave carbon deposit on you wick and coil assembly as bad as sweetener.If you want to use sweetener (some like the taste better), don't buy it.  Make it.  But, make it from Stevia.  Mix a 1:200 mixture of stevia and water and then mix 40% of that stevia water to 60% PG, VG, or  PG/VG (70/30, 50/50, etc.) base.  Also, many people don't use enough sweetener or EM and don't know their mix can be sweeter, so use 4 - 5% in your mixes, as a start.  Another substitute for these two sweeteners is the flavor concentrate Cotton Candy.  At the relatively low amounts you would be using, it does not impart any of that carnival candy taste. 

Eric 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:25:46 AM by Erck89 »

Offline Bruce

« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »
Fsors and Eric, thank you both  ;bow;!  Looks like single flavors for now. Not sure what Stevia is or where to get it though. However, the cotton candy idea sounds like the easiest tbing to do. Will include a bottle of that on my next order. The bubble gum that I did order maybe will have enough sweetness to it to use as a general sweetner in small quantities. I guess all this experimentation is part of the fun.   Bruce               

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2014, 10:23:42 PM »
Bruce:    Stevia is an artificial sweetener found on you grocery store shelf along side the Sweet n low and Equal.   It is an all natural product made from the leaves of the Mock Fruit tree.  Don't use any of the other artificial sweeteners except the other one made from the Mock Fruit.  Troble with Bubble Gum is it is made to taste like Juicy Fruit Gum.  Not something you might want in your flavor.

Now if you want a real good mix, head down to the Pe Dee river or the Sand T Cooper River and get a bucket of water.  If it comes up without catfish, Red Bellies, or Goggle Eye use it to mix flavors.  But, if there are Catfish in it, stop everything and use it to make a good old S.C. Catfish Stew.
Then call me.  I'll bring the rice.
           Eric
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:34:45 PM by Erck89 »

Offline David-Bowser

« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2014, 01:57:06 AM »
ERCK89  or Eric

Did I just read you right in just up above you said to dilute the Steva from the store with water at the rate of: 1 part Steva to 200 parts Water??????

I know it was a typo when you at first said to mix it at 40% with PG/VG the first time mentioned and at 4 % the second time.   

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #313 on: July 05, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
Dave:

200:1 is correct.  You use the dry stevia, not the liquid.  The result is a very sweet water.  I use a 70/30 PG/VG base I mix and keep in a lab style, bottom fed bottle.  Using the stevia water and my PG/VG base, I mix a 40% stevia water to 60% base.  This gives you the sweetener.  Stevia is approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar.  The reason you can't use the liquid is because, the liquid is already diluted.  Make it easy on yourself and mix a very small amount of hot water with the stevia to make a concentrated stevia liquid.  Now it is a bit easier to work with.  The small amount of water used to liquify the stevia won't be noticeable in the final product.

Eric

Offline David-Bowser

« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2014, 11:17:40 AM »
Dave:

200:1 is correct.  You use the dry stevia, not the liquid.  The result is a very sweet water.  I use a 70/30 PG/VG base I mix and keep in a lab style, bottom fed bottle.  Using the stevia water and my PG/VG base, I mix a 40% stevia water to 60% base.  This gives you the sweetener.  Stevia is approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar.  The reason you can't use the liquid is because, the liquid is already diluted.  Make it easy on yourself and mix a very small amount of hot water with the stevia to make a concentrated stevia liquid.  Now it is a bit easier to work with.  The small amount of water used to liquify the stevia won't be noticeable in the final product.

Eric

OK just to get the dust outta my brain ( LOL )  I take 1 Teaspoon of dry Stevia, add that to 200 teaspoons of warm water to make the sweetner.  Then take that and mix it to the PG at the ratio of 40% sweetwater to 60 % PG  and I should be good  Then mix that to my VG to the ratio I need.

I use a 75 VG to 25 PG mix and have a  BUNCH made up now  SO I am going to have to find my Slide rule and try this out  fainting:  LOL

Offline David-Bowser

« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
What about using Sweet and Low instead of Stevia?  Would that work also or is that different ingredients?

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »
What about using Sweet and Low instead of Stevia?  Would that work also or is that different ingredients?

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!   I do not know if that would be safe to inhale.!

[color=black]Sweet n Low is sodium saccharine and would impart a flavor and since it does not do well in temperatures much above boiling (212 F) it probably would burn and have no sweetening effect.  Stevia is the new Sweet n Low and is found on the same shelf in a squat white plastic jar with green printing.     

Eric 
[/color]

Offline David-Bowser

« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!   I do not know if that would be safe to inhale.!

[color=black]Sweet n Low is sodium saccharine and would impart a flavor and since it does not do well in temperatures much above boiling (212 F) it probably would burn and have no sweetening effect.  Stevia is the new Sweet n Low and is found on the same shelf in a squat white plastic jar with green printing.     

Eric 
[/color]

OK Thank you!  I use it in my coffee because I have to and have it on hand.  Dang another trip to the grocery store.   LOL

Offline Bruce

« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »
First time DIY results!

First off let me start by saying I ordered my supplies at 4:30 am Thursday. Order shipped out 1:30 pm Thursday (amd they notified me). Firday (July4th) was a holiday so no mail run. However, at 10:30 am Saturday my box was delivered via USPS Priority mail (and the seller paid the shipping. This was purchased from MyFreedomSomkes.com. Just wanted to say a good company to deal with, thus far.

Okay, here is what I did. I call it watermelon blast:
12Mg Nic level,  55/45 VG/PG,  15% watermelon, 30Ml volume. Steeped until cool with vigorous shaking then I tried it. 15% watermelon is a iittle too strong for me, tasted too perfumy but usable. Will slowly add some more VG and PG until it calms down a little. Probably 10-13% melon would be best.

Eric stated Peach takes a little more Finese therefore I made the following:

Same as above except I made a 60Ml bottle of peach. Hot water Steeped with heavy shaking, let cool and stowed away in cool dark place. Will give it a week and see how it taste. I'll let ya know. I hope to soon discover some single flavor tried and true fruit flavors.     Bruce

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »

I also used S n L in my coffee, but I became diabetic an found that your body sees all sweeteners as carbs, except, Stevia and mock fruit.  I stll switch back and forth between the pink stuff and stevia.

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
First time DIY results!

First off let me start by saying I ordered my supplies at 4:30 am Thursday. Order shipped out 1:30 pm Thursday (amd they notified me). Firday (July4th) was a holiday so no mail run. However, at 10:30 am Saturday my box was delivered via USPS Priority mail (and the seller paid the shipping. This was purchased from MyFreedomSomkes.com. Just wanted to say a good company to deal with, thus far.

Okay, here is what I did. I call it watermelon blast:
12Mg Nic level,  55/45 VG/PG,  15% watermelon, 30Ml volume. Steeped until cool with vigorous shaking then I tried it. 15% watermelon is a iittle too strong for me, tasted too perfumy but usable. Will slowly add some more VG and PG until it calms down a little. Probably 10-13% melon would be best.

Eric stated Peach takes a little more Finese therefore I made the following:

Same as above except I made a 60Ml bottle of peach. Hot water Steeped with heavy shaking, let cool and stowed away in cool dark place. Will give it a week and see how it taste. I'll let ya know. I hope to soon discover some single flavor tried and true fruit flavors.     Bruce

Bruce:    Don't be so quick to add VG/PG to your watermelon mix.  Watermelon has a habit of dropping off after 4 or 5 days.  If fact ,it has been known to become the stealth flavor.

Eric

Offline Bruce

« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2014, 02:02:51 AM »
Eric, if your ever around Florence,S.C. a restuarant called Maryland fried chicken has the best Catfish stew on the planet. It's their staple and their calling card so to speak. Have eaten gallons of the stuff myself.
   The PeeDee river and the Santee Cooper indeed have some trophy catfish. I'm 52 miles from The great Santee lakes and only 12 miles from both the Big and little Pee Dee rivers.    Bruce

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #322 on: July 06, 2014, 07:19:48 PM »

bruce:    I'm 72 and have been fishing the Pee Dee all my life.  Dad was from Darlington and woods of Camden, Darlington, and Florence are full of Kellys.  Bet you can think of three right off.  By the way, we need to take this to the message feature.  If you don't know it and how it works let me know and I think Dave wil lets us have one more down home post on the recipe section.

Eric

Offline Jedi_Mind_Bang

« Reply #323 on: January 02, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
    ShoreGood:  Mint Dream sounds like one of three I have either seen or made recently.  The one that attempted to match the Russell Stover Dream Mint candy the best was

Base and optional nicotine
             cream de menthe - 12%
             milk chocolate - 6%
             marshmallow - 8%
             koolada - 4%
             sweetener - 5%

Steep 5 days

The Vanilla ice cream is available as a stand alone concentrate from Mt. Baker, High Desert, Wizard Labs and almost every other vendor out there.  Go to the vendor section of this Forum and ask who has it.  My bet is everybody selling concentrates, except the devil.  If I were inclined to make it from scratch, I would add the following to my base (% are subjective and may need to be adjusted for the users taste):

Sweet cream - 12%
              Bavarian cream - 5%
              Madagascar Vanilla (Mt. Baker) - 4%
              Dulce de Leches (Mt. Baker) - 4%
              Cream Flavoring (Vaping Zone) - 3%
              Ethyl Maltol - 6%

That's my best guess on making Vanilla Ice Cream from scratch.  I might substitute Vanilla Swirl for the Dulce de Leches.

So im new in this forum, mostly to read about mod building. I just feel I need to ask, are you guys putting thise percentages in a mixture and not diluting them? Some of them are over 30%... which is kinda scary. Just looking for clarification

Offline Jedi_Mind_Bang

« Reply #324 on: January 02, 2015, 12:32:10 PM »
  Thanks Eric I found this very helpful in untangling this new idea of DIY. Bruce

60% is pure insanity to even try to vape.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #325 on: January 02, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »
So I'm new in this forum, mostly to read about mod building. I just feel I need to ask, are you guys putting these percentages in a mixture and not diluting them? Some of them are over 30%... which is kinda scary. Just looking for clarification

Welcome to the forum.
I can't vouch for others but after much experimenting I reduced most of my flavoring on my latest recipes down to a total of 10% to 13%.
Everyone's taste varies so it may be right to others.
Some flavors are more over powering than other flavors. Depends on what the flavor is and what brand name it is. Trial and error is in order.

Offline Jedi_Mind_Bang

« Reply #326 on: January 02, 2015, 03:37:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
I can't vouch for others but after much experimenting I reduced most of my flavoring on my latest recipes down to a total of 10% to 13%.
Everyone's taste varies so it may be right to others.
Some flavors are more over powering than other flavors. Depends on what the flavor is and what brand name it is. Trial and error is in order.

Hey, no, I understand your point of view completely. I know from extensive debate on this topic that 17% is kind of the general limit for concentrates in any suspension for vape use. Anything over 20% shouldn't even be considered IMH(humble)O. Just trying to look out for those who may not understand that at those high concentrations, the amount of particulate waste entering your lungs is overwhelming. Vapor particles are already too small and completely bypass open alveoli and cause deposits in the lung tissue. The body can metabolize these over time, but needs that time to do so. Bombarding your system like that is a sure fire way to end up with health issues. And that's not even speaking in terms of whatever toxins haven't been identified yet.  Not to sound like a debbie downer, I just know what happens when people don't take that into account. Rule of thumb keep eliq's between 10-15% max, at least till they make flavors that are designed for inhalation.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
JMB: 

Being able to use any brand of concentrates at lower overall profiles is really something new.  As little as 6 or 8 months ago the normal flavor profile for any concentrate combination was 20%.  In fact, the optimum for some individual concentrates was 20%.  A few, like FlavorArt, were at their best in the 2 to 8% range, but most were up around 15%.  Mt. Baker use to tell you to start with 20% and work down.  They are repackagers and I think they were using Flavor West concentrates then.  They are still one of the weaker concentrates and they now tell you to start at 10% and work up.  Most of the providers are pretty consistent, but, FA that use to be the only "super" concentrate, is a little on the inconsistent side.  IMHO, the best concentrate available today is from TVM (The Vape Mall).  Brian did his due diligence before he started offering concentrates and he gives you the most reasonable priced, consistent quality, full strength concentrate available anywhere.  If you haven't checked it out, go to www.thevapemall.com and see for your self.  The only bad thing about TVM is the concentrates are HARD to find.  Reason being, most of us are use to seeing the concentrates called concentrates[ and played up big.  At TVM, he calls them "Flavors" and there are NO pictures for each one.  It is two drop down boxes.  One for size (7ml , 17ml, & 32ml for $1.99 to $4.99) and one that list all 97 (at last count) flavors.  If you go, click on the "DIY" heading at the top and on the 1st box in the second row to get to them.  One thing the heavier concentration mixes has caused for me, is allowed me to get a new top.  Well, two of them actually.  Working down at the bottom 0.1ml part of the syringe is hard to be real accurate.  So, I got two micro liter syringes.  Now I have a whole syringe devoted to just 0.1ml.  Makes it a little easier. 

As far as having something, specifically designed to be perfectly safe when inhaled, I think we are as close as we will ever be.  And that is the MAIN reason you DO NOT buy any liquids from any Chinese company except DeKange and Hagsen.  They are the only Chinese  juice makers that are ISO 9000 and 18000 certified.  They use only FDA or Canadian and northern European approved molecules and ingredients.   

Ok, I have been long winded enough for today, so I am going to back out and hope to hear from you again soon.

And DAVE, you need a couple of those syringes.  Hope to hear from you soon also.

Eric

Offline Jedi_Mind_Bang

« Reply #328 on: January 02, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
JMB: 

Being able to use any brand of concentrates at lower overall profiles is really something new.  As little as 6 or 8 months ago the normal flavor profile for any concentrate combination was 20%.  In fact, the optimum for some individual concentrates was 20%.  A few, like FlavorArt, were at their best in the 2 to 8% range, but most were up around 15%.  Mt. Baker use to tell you to start with 20% and work down.  They are repackagers and I think they were using Flavor West concentrates then.  They are still one of the weaker concentrates and they now tell you to start at 10% and work up.  Most of the providers are pretty consistent, but, FA that use to be the only "super" concentrate, is a little on the inconsistent side.  IMHO, the best concentrate available today is from TVM (The Vape Mall).  Brian did his due diligence before he started offering concentrates and he gives you the most reasonable priced, consistent quality, full strength concentrate available anywhere.  If you haven't checked it out, go to www.thevapemall.com and see for your self.  The only bad thing about TVM is the concentrates are HARD to find.  Reason being, most of us are use to seeing the concentrates called concentrates[ and played up big.  At TVM, he calls them "Flavors" and there are NO pictures for each one.  It is two drop down boxes.  One for size (7ml , 17ml, & 32ml for $1.99 to $4.99) and one that list all 97 (at last count) flavors.  If you go, click on the "DIY" heading at the top and on the 1st box in the second row to get to them.  One thing the heavier concentration mixes has caused for me, is allowed me to get a new top.  Well, two of them actually.  Working down at the bottom 0.1ml part of the syringe is hard to be real accurate.  So, I got two micro liter syringes.  Now I have a whole syringe devoted to just 0.1ml.  Makes it a little easier. 

As far as having something, specifically designed to be perfectly safe when inhaled, I think we are as close as we will ever be.  And that is the MAIN reason you DO NOT buy any liquids from any Chinese company except DeKange and Hagsen.  They are the only Chinese  juice makers that are ISO 9000 and 18000 certified.  They use only FDA or Canadian and northern European approved molecules and ingredients.   

Ok, I have been long winded enough for today, so I am going to back out and hope to hear from you again soon.

And DAVE, you need a couple of those syringes.  Hope to hear from you soon also.

Eric

Spot on mate, thanks for the info!  ;cheers;

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2015, 10:06:25 PM »
I am a FA Man. Do like Hansen Brit Tobac from time to time.  ;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2015, 10:56:10 PM »
Fsors:   You know me well enough to know I would never argue with a mans choice of concentrates if there wasn't something about them that might make them sick or turn them into a DG (Dead Guy).  In fact I have FA concentrates and liked using them in conjunction with other brands.  Now, everyone is so close to the other guy in strength, it can come down to taste, and that can be fun.  By the way, did you ever get the TW Red Label Turkish and Camel we talked about, 7 or 8 months ago?

Eric

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »
Fsors:   You know me well enough to know I would never argue with a mans choice of concentrates if there wasn't something about them that might make them sick or turn them into a DG (Dead Guy).  In fact I have FA concentrates and liked using them in conjunction with other brands.  Now, everyone is so close to the other guy in strength, it can come down to taste, and that can be fun.  By the way, did you ever get the TW Red Label Turkish and Camel we talked about, 7 or 8 months ago?

Eric

Eric, So good to hear from you again and I hope you had a great holiday season.  Do you have a link for the TW Red and Camel? I have been really hooked on FA Red Touch and mixing it up with other things  ;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2015, 11:36:21 PM »
fsors:     You bet, http://totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-liquid/mix-your-own/flavour-concentrates-products.html.  TW got rid of some of the Red Label and people got all bent out of shape.  So, they held off and did a selective reduction that did not include the flavors the people really liked.  They thought their Gold Standard would take up the slack.  Oh, cont rare,  those RL concentrates were on the money, where the GS concentrates were (and I guess, still are) on the weak side.   WOW, I just went to the TW site, boy has it changed.  Have fun there.  I am going to go back and check it out myself.

Eric

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2015, 01:08:21 AM »
fsors:     You bet, http://totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-liquid/mix-your-own/flavour-concentrates-products.html.  TW got rid of some of the Red Label and people got all bent out of shape.  So, they held off and did a selective reduction that did not include the flavors the people really liked.  They thought their Gold Standard would take up the slack.  Oh, cont rare,  those RL concentrates were on the money, where the GS concentrates were (and I guess, still are) on the weak side.   WOW, I just went to the TW site, boy has it changed.  Have fun there.  I am going to go back and check it out myself.

Eric

Thanks Eric! Really interested and in my cart now. What % do you mix Kahmal and Turkish  at?  ;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
fsors:   

You like a good TOB vape, so with the concentrates coming a little stronger these days, I think as long as you maintain a ratio of about 1.33:1 (camel to Turkish) for a Lucky Strikes type flavor and the same ratio the other way (1.33:1 Turkish to Camel) for a English or Chesterfield flavor, I think you will be in the ballpark.  I make two tobaccos you might like.  The first is Red 55:

50/50      American Red (SM**) 10%
                   555DK (TFA) 10%

**Seedeman (SM) makes mostly tobaccos and alcohol concentrates, I think, and Wizard Labs provides them.

and, my favorite, Range Blend, is so much like an analog, you will end up vaping it all day:

Cowboy Blend (TFA) 6%
   Camel (TW RL) 8%
   Turkish (TW RL) 6%
   Coconut (TFA) 7%

If the PH is a little high (the new concentrates seem to be running a little more on the acid side) and burning your mouth and/or throat, throw in 2 drops per 6ml of MTS (FA).  By the way, if you want that toasted tobacco taste of a Lucky, mix 555DK (10%) and Toasted Almond (about 4% depending on the brand of the concentrate).  The DK, or Turkish, is pretty consistent across the board.  However, Toasted Almond can vary from brand to brand.

Hope th at helps.

Eric

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2015, 05:13:44 PM »
fsors:     I was just on the The Vape Mall site and ran across a concentrate for European Tobacco.  I immediately thought of you.  Check it out, I think you might like the site and especially the concentrates.  8ml $1.99, 17ml, $3.69, 32ml, $4.99 and all top of the line and recommended use is 8% for optimum flavor.  I was going to give you a link, but right in the middle of that operation, the site went down as a message came up saying something great was coming and if you didn't get the site that was suppose to be there, contact the owner.  Lots of luck on that deal if the site is down

Eric 

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2015, 07:15:23 PM »
Erik, That's fantastic as I do Love a good Tob vape. I think I have a few of the flavors too but what is "TW?" I am going to mix some up. Thank for the recipes!!  :beer-toast:

fsors:   

You like a good TOB vape, so with the concentrates coming a little stronger these days, I think as long as you maintain a ratio of about 1.33:1 (camel to Turkish) for a Lucky Strikes type flavor and the same ratio the other way (1.33:1 Turkish to Camel) for a English or Chesterfield flavor, I think you will be in the ballpark.  I make two tobaccos you might like.  The first is Red 55:

50/50      American Red (SM**) 10%
                   555DK (TFA) 10%

**Seedeman (SM) makes mostly tobaccos and alcohol concentrates, I think, and Wizard Labs provides them.

and, my favorite, Range Blend, is so much like an analog, you will end up vaping it all day:

Cowboy Blend (TFA) 6%
   Camel (TW RL) 8%
   Turkish (TW RL) 6%
   Coconut (TFA) 7%

If the PH is a little high (the new concentrates seem to be running a little more on the acid side) and burning your mouth and/or throat, throw in 2 drops per 6ml of MTS (FA).  By the way, if you want that toasted tobacco taste of a Lucky, mix 555DK (10%) and Toasted Almond (about 4% depending on the brand of the concentrate).  The DK, or Turkish, is pretty consistent across the board.  However, Toasted Almond can vary from brand to brand.

Hope th at helps.

Eric

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »
fsors:     I was just on the The Vape Mall site and ran across a concentrate for European Tobacco.  I immediately thought of you.  Check it out, I think you might like the site and especially the concentrates.  8ml $1.99, 17ml, $3.69, 32ml, $4.99 and all top of the line and recommended use is 8% for optimum flavor.  I was going to give you a link, but right in the middle of that operation, the site went down as a message came up saying something great was coming and if you didn't get the site that was suppose to be there, contact the owner.  Lots of luck on that deal if the site is down

Eric 

Erik, Going to head over there and check it out. Thanks my friend!

Offline fsors

• PV Master
« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »
Erik, I just remembered TW= TotalyWicked Getting old is hell LOL  :thankyou:

Offline darkox711

« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:02 AM »
Hey there, I'm new to diy and just got most of my supplies in and I'm ready to start mixing! I've already familiarized myself with the EJucieMEup software and I'm pretty sure I know how to use everything, the only thing I'd love more of is recipes. I registered at e-liquid-recipes and a couple ofther site with recipes but I was looking for some .rec files so I can load them up in the calculator.

I see that there are about 30 or so inlcuded, is there any way to get more? Does anyone happen to have a zip file with a bunch of .rec files inside ;) ? Or know of a site that hosts rec files? Thanks.

Online elzakivis

« Reply #340 on: July 30, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »
Hey there, I'm new to diy and just got most of my supplies in and I'm ready to start mixing! I've already familiarized myself with the EJucieMEup software and I'm pretty sure I know how to use everything, the only thing I'd love more of is recipes. I registered at e-liquid-recipes and a couple ofther site with recipes but I was looking for some .rec files so I can load them up in the calculator.

I see that there are about 30 or so inlcuded, is there any way to get more? Does anyone happen to have a zip file with a bunch of .rec files inside ;) ? Or know of a site that hosts rec files? Thanks.

Hi dark and welcome to the world of DIY mixing.
I count over 250 recipes included in the ejuice me up calculator. Sorry I can't help you out with where to find more. When I see a recipe that looks interesting I just enter it into the EJMU calc

Offline darkox711

« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
Hi dark and welcome to the world of DIY mixing.
I count over 250 recipes included in the ejuice me up calculator. Sorry I can't help you out with where to find more. When I see a recipe that looks interesting I just enter it into the EJMU calc

You're right, I flipped through and it didn't look like nearly that many but when I checked the folder there are about 215 rec files so my mistake.

Offline carlindst

« Reply #342 on: September 04, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »
I need a recipe for cannabis oil.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
Re: Strawberry Malt
« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2015, 06:11:26 AM »

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Recipes  |  Topic: Recipes

gfxgfx